A Taste Of Mowing: - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

A Taste Of Mowing:

How many racing organizations still do "A Taste Of Racing"?

As a racing instructor, I don't mind doing it, but holy crap!

Near as I can tell, insurance companies don't cover turning your financed motorcycle into a rectangle during these events, since they aren't actually track days.

And none of these events appear to have tech inspection (involving things like engine case covers), so the first time someone pulls an Exxon Valdez, it shuts down the track for an hour, wastes a hundred pounds of rice hull ash, and is gonna give someone pushing a broom sun stroke one of these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM

I agree. Its either a race or a trackday. Team Promotion is doing this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 07:45 AM

IMHO a taste of racing is a great idea . I am a big believer in track days for both young riders as well as 20/30yr veterans . Everyone comes away from a track day a better rider for the experience . The taste of racing gets people on the track to try the experience for themselves.
I do the taste of racing every time I go to a race event where its available .
In fact My personal best ride was doing a taste of racing . I Rode my Suzuki 650 Burgman to the last 2013? National AMA Superbike/Roadrace weekend. So I took the Burgman out onto the track between Superbikerace 1 and race 2 . Being The Suzuki Burgman has a TRUE scooter chassis, the pivot is AHEAD of the engine so the engine/drivetrain ALL acts as a VERY long swingarm. The bike Literally pivots in the MIDDLE. Great for smooth riding down the highway, Lousey for handling . Imagine a 700+ pound scooter(installed Givi hard Bags both sides and rear) buckling in the middle like an accordion, squirming ,full angle, laying Black lines through the corners on a tight twisty track. Got in 5 laps but was EXHAUSTED fighting the bike every inch of the way. NO, Traction control, No wheelie control ect but it was a BLAST.

Enough about me.... I have seen many riders who have done the taste of racing on there cruisers, touring bikes ect that would never try a track day in fear of being ridiculed for bringing a cruiser to a track day . In fact , the taste of racing has been the ..nudge.. many guys owning Power cruisers need for justifying trading in there power cruisers in for genuine sport bikes.

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-30-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 05:46 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliziotto View Post
How many racing organizations still do "A Taste Of Racing"?

As a racing instructor, I don't mind doing it, but holy crap!
Ah that's how you know the setup side so well with track days etc

I knew it had to be something like this :thumbup:

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Big Randaddy

I spent five hours mowing fescue and zoysia today with my 27" Trucut.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 12:29 AM

Well here in Sweden the national bike association have "mini" track days where you can show up at a go-cart track (usually 1-1.5km long) in different locations around the country and have a go with some instructors giving some pointers etc.

Pretty nice deal ~25 Dollars for members and ~35 dollars for none members to have a go for an hour. split in to 4 different speed groups. The good thing is that almost every insurance company see it as a good thing for bikers to get better so you are fully covered on your normal road insurance.

They also have big normal track days, same here insurance is covered by most

MV Agusta Dragster 800 RR -2015
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

That's one of the problems with "A Taste Of Racing"...it's not a track day, so your insurance won't cover your losses if you suddenly decide to take up high-speed gardening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode