Db on the B3 or F3 engine? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Db on the B3 or F3 engine?

Anyone on here done a track day with a B3 or F3 engine and know what db it come out as? Better still with a QD pipe db fitted

I did brands and passed the 105db with my QD and db killer fitted. It's about the same as the standard pipe

I just never checked what the db was stupidly

Now i want to do snett next month but that's 102db and i reckon my bike will be touch or go on that

Thanks

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 08:54 AM

the QD is much louder than the stock one, even with db killers fitted. MV claims to have 102db for the F3 800 with stock exhaust and filter on the 800, 107 (or 108) db for the 675. I'd recommend to put on the stock exhaust or a quieter one
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
So is the 675 louder? What does the 800 standard pipe make sound wise?

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 01:55 PM

as i said 102db for the 800, 107 or 108 for the 675 F3. not sure how accurate this is but it is written on the frame and in the papers on mine
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalem View Post
as i said 102db for the 800, 107 or 108 for the 675 F3. not sure how accurate this is but it is written on the frame and in the papers on mine
Thanks for your input. Not many seem to know too much on this

Just for future reference if anyone reads

Testing the bike at 0.5 metres on a 45 degree angle at 5-6k showed 104-105 db with the QD exhaust and db killer fitted

With the standard exhaust it was exactly 102 db

I didn't try it with QD and db out... Too loud around my neighbourhood

Also you must fit the Allen bolts back in even without the db killer fitted. I see a comment on here before and it's correct they can move and fall out if not fixed in

Bike tested for noise is a 2015 Dragster 800RR

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 03:15 PM

Hi guys

i recently did a track day at Kyalami and my bike passed the test with no DB killers on it (QD exhaust, just MV branded) think its also a 105db limit. i must say though....it just passed
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 04:02 PM

Smile

Buy a Termi slip on and you gain poneys and loose 10 dB (numbers for 675)

At Misano at full speed they record me at 121dB with this ...

If you are confortable with your bike, you are not fast enough ! John Kocinski
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this forum so I will introduce myself.
My name is Julien, I am a Frenchman who lives in the Netherlands. I am the lucky owner of a Dragster 800 RR with Qd exhaust.

I took the beast to Zandvoort track last week which is known for its very strict noise regulation, I think the maximum allowed is 95 dB when passing on the track, so impossible to measure by yourself.
I measured the Qd exhaust with dB killers inserted at 100-102 dB at 5000rpm.

I was not pulled out of the track, so if Zandvoort is okay I think other tracks will be no problem.

Dean, are you using the original tires Rosso II in size 200? I didn't have a great feeling with these, I would be interested in having your feedback.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this forum so I will introduce myself.
My name is Julien, I am a Frenchman who lives in the Netherlands. I am the lucky owner of a Dragster 800 RR with Qd exhaust.

I took the beast to Zandvoort track last week which is known for its very strict noise regulation, I think the maximum allowed is 95 dB when passing on the track, so impossible to measure by yourself.
I measured the Qd exhaust with dB killers inserted at 100-102 dB at 5000rpm.

I was not pulled out of the track, so if Zandvoort is okay I think other tracks will be no problem.

Dean, are you using the original tires Rosso II in size 200? I didn't have a great feeling with these, I would be interested in having your feedback.
Hi Julien and welcome

Yes i had my own db tester but when at track yesterday with my QD and db fitted it measured at 100db which i thought was great

When you take it out it sounds brilliant too so it's a win win for track and road

I felt exactly the same with the Rosso 2 they are a good all round tyre but seriously have limitations when riding hard. I'm sure for most they are fine but there are a few like me that like to explore the limits of a bike

I would highly recommend going from 50 to 55 and i kept the 200 size purely for looks. Ideally a 190 would be better but i like the chunky tyre

I changed to supercorsa sp and run 34psi road and 29f 23-26 track rear depending on how hot it is

Here was me yesterday chasing a friend on a very track focused zx10r. The power of that thing was immense. I would get on the brakes but he would out power me. I also screw up on the first lap in the tight right hander...note to self don't use 1st gear ever haha

MV Agusta Dragster 800RR vs Kawasaki ZX10R Track …: https://youtu.be/2CM-w5m-ltU

With that setup, compression turned much harder, abs off and tc on 1 you'll have a great day

I was scuffing the belly pan and pegs from the lean angles

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:15 AM

I had problems with the stock Dragster RR exhaust at a track day here in Norway, limit is 100db, my RR did 103 at 5000rpm..... But with the clutch in i passed
I think the rattle from the clutch "boosts" the db a bit. Could work with other exhaust systems to.....

15' Dragster RR
97' Triumph Speed Triple T509

08' Alfa Romeo 159 Q4
94' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOII Bianco Perlato
92' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOI 8v

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode