Mounting Track/Race Plastics - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Mounting Track/Race Plastics

Quick question to all the track pros out there. I have this CF tail, but obviously it doesn't come ready to mount the attachment hardware to it like an OEM piece. I figure that I can mount the front hinge that mounts behind the tank okay, the CF is reinforced right there and that the screws will be covered by the seat foam. I will have another piece of seat foam inside the tail to keep the fairing in contact with the subframe where I sit, where but how do I attach the rear of the seat fairing? I can't see any clean way to mount the locking mechanism hardware...

Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice

Edit Pic added

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.

Last edited by Ian SAVS; 04-10-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 07:58 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS

Ian... If this is going to be a track bike, have you thought of changing the rear seat locking mechanism for a DZUS set up ?

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I have John, but I'm not sure how to do it.. is there a specific kit that can be bought? Can I still use the biposto subframe?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 08:20 PM

New Site Garage
Are you going to swap between track and road gear, that's the main decision you have to make first.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I don't plan to Dons, i have a street kit that I am going to keep, but it will stay in storage for a much later date.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 09:02 PM

New Site Garage
Right, then don't mess up your subframe and fittings, get another set from CAG or eBay and glue/fibreglass or similarly the fitting to the inside of your new tail.

This is how I did it years ago, and Rich recently added an improved version.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132834
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 04-10-2015 at 09:05 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Ahh okay that will work, I have a spare set of hardware. Thanks. I would like to see an example of a tail setup with Dzus fasteners on it if anyone has any pictures.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 06:52 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS

Hi Ian

I haven't got any pictures of this set up, but the old MV factory satellite team used it on the early F4 race bikes. As far as I know there isn't any off the shelf kits you can buy and you'll have to make one..

It can't be that difficult.. You just need to put some time and thought into it.

As a starting suggestion, why not remove the locking mechanism completely ( a bit of weight saving to be had here... Andrew ) and replace the lock catch with a flat alloy fixing plate cut to the same size and shape as the locking catch..

Then weld a small length of alloy tube on to the fixing plate.

Make sure the tube length equates to the height you want the seat to sit at. ... Trial and error here until you're happy with the seat height/position and the gap between the exhaust tailpipes and the underside seat unit is sufficient.

Then attach a DUZS clip to the top of the tube... Drill the seat unit in the correct place to align with the DUZS clip ( if you put some downward pressure on the seat against the DUZS clip, this should make a depression on the seat material and leave a mark to allow you to know where to drill).

Then all you need is the DUZS fastener and a fiber washer.. Job done.

The alloy fixing plate assembly idea should be a simply set up and hopefully not difficult to produce.. You can even anodize the finished kit.

If you don't want to use the DUZS clip set up, then why not tap a thread into the end of the tube length and use an alloy countersunk screw to secure the seat unit down..

EMAIL :
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
Quick question to all the track pros out there. I have this CF tail, but obviously it doesn't come ready to mount the attachment hardware to it like an OEM piece. I figure that I can mount the front hinge that mounts behind the tank okay, the CF is reinforced right there and that the screws will be covered by the seat foam. I will have another piece of seat foam inside the tail to keep the fairing in contact with the subframe where I sit, where but how do I attach the rear of the seat fairing? I can't see any clean way to mount the locking mechanism hardware...

Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice

Edit Pic added

I bought some resin and fiberglass from Home Depot and fixed these nuts to the inside. Same size as the stock bolts. The flange allowed somewhere for the fiberglass to sit over, worked great. I did put some under the nuts near the middle to level them out.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...arch.yahoo.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode