2001 mv f4 750 on the track - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

2001 mv f4 750 on the track

Hi all, fairly new here, tho I have spoken to Donsy before. I've just got an old f4 750 which is going to be my new track toy. I've taken it for a test down at Eastern Creek and was shit to start with but by the end after maxing everything out to hard it was rideable tho was on shitty old road tyres
Anyway one of the first things I'm trying to track down is a 2 piece front fairing kit fibreglass. so far every mob I've found only copies the standard fairing. Looks like I might have to finally take the plunge at making my own mould at this rate.. I've made my own fairings before just not the mould.
Then find out what suspension others have used wether just rekitted standard or went ohlins whitepower etc. I learnt straight away about the rear hub so got soem standard bearing s sent down from mich as I presumed would still be the standard hub.. and i couldnt afford one of his just now.. turns out someone has fitted the 2010 hub.. so I just repacked the bearings as they actually felt pretty close to brand new and put her back together. A friend modified the shifter set up for me as I cant ride road pattern confuses the living daylights out of me. So he ended up using the knuckle off an old boldor had the exact spline and diameter as the mv with a suzuki i think it was peg and shifter rod.. I ended up with perfect feet position.
Will end up having loits of other silly mods on it by the time we are done to have it suit me.. as I'm quite small.. I am a 125 gp rider after all lol
so if anyone has ideas on fairings and suspension for now trhatd be awesome.. when i first started racing i was on a 250 proddie and i had the ol nsr.. took me 2 years of working it out for myself to realise i shouldve just bought an rgv as everyone had one and the parts and set up where available lol... so now Ill ask for ideas first lol

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 05:51 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family Mr Gasket...!

I, personally, like the stock fairing shape. I have SharkSkinz on my SPR in the original Tamburini design. Why would you want to change that?

As for suspension.....and brakes....many options and opinions. Ohlins obviously, but also some uprated Marzochis from a later model, or cartridge/valve kits. Radial calipers can be helpful.
Since Donsy is a beast and you are a sprite his suspension selections will probably be all wrong for you. He does know the bike, however, so tap his knowledge.

Enjoy the ride!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 09:10 AM

Just got rid of all my fairing stuff, but do have some suspension and wheels to consider. Can be found in the "be all to end all" thread in the for sale forum.

I believe catalyst and sharkskins are 2 companies that provide 2 piece front fairing kits for the agusta. Only thing i have left is a carbon fiber SBK tail fairing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 10:20 AM

New Site Garage
Don't know how successful you'll be racing a 13 year old 750 against the new bikes, but a god tip would be to read through some of the threads posted by guys on the forum.
Sharkskins have not done F4 fairings for years, I found Catalyst to be great quality.
Look toward the forum sponsors for rear suspension options, you're pretty limited at the front end in Australia.
Don't expect 125 handling from a 750, no matter how well it's been looked after, never mind not looked after.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 03:56 AM
cus

Dr Glass does race glass for F4`s
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:32 AM

New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cus View Post
Dr Glass does race glass for F4`s
Hi Cus
Do you know anybody who's tried their fairings ? Wouldn't mind seeing them.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

hey cheers guys.. sorry been having a lot of probs financially and otherwise, so haven't even looked on here since posting.. esquez me.. re fairing shape. I'm not after a different shape.. I just dont like having 4 or 5 or 6 parts of a fairing when at a track racing.. I used to race a 600 years ago and made my front fairings all together so just have upper and lower.. I moulded the covers that went over the air intakes on to the tank cover. the nose cone then the belly pan was moulded to the 2 side panels so my front was 2 pieces then a tank then a ducktail.. thats it.. makes life a lot easier at the track. Ill have a look at dr glass and that other mob.. Donsy, I'm not expecting it to be a 125, I have raced bigger bikes as well. including an insane r1 that i lit the wa track up with lol.. do you still have the wheels and suspension varium? Sadly I'm having to sell the 125 due to finances, plus if I sell it I can race a couple of rounds of bsb seeing as I can't get a sponsor to pay for me.. if anyone knows someone that wants a quick 125 lol.. I still havent had a chance to ride my mv again.. but hopefully towards the end of the year.. theres a class for 2000 bikes about to start from what I understand so I think my bike would be very competitive in that.. even if I still have to race superbikes, pretty sure I wouldn't finish last on the old beast lol
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

what brand of brakes and suspension do you lean towards Donsy
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015, 08:11 AM

G'day Clint, how the hell are ya?

We're all here, but we're not all there.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

yeah im not to bad gregostini hows you.. have we met before lol.... well I was doing a lot searching last night.. and have decided once I sell some parts etc off my 125.. I'm going to buy a set of doctor glass fairings and ill let you all know what the fit is like.. I checked out the other brands and their prices where pretty dam high. Also a mate overseas is going to hook me up with a set of rear sets for race shift at a decent price.. at the moment I have all sorts of odd parts off diff biks to allow me to go race shift and keep the pegs at same height etc.
I?m selling 125 stuff as I'm trying to get to uk to take a ride ive been offered..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode