CVMA race series round 3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

CVMA race series round 3

This weekends racing on my #designcorse #MVAgusta F3 was a major improvement in the right direction, filled with personal bests. First of all I broke the 2 min mark, putting down a 1:59 which has been a season goal. The second, goal, is a top 10 finish before the end of the season, and we're getting much closer. In fact, it was well within our grasp before an unfortunate mechanical problem.

Last time out I had some real problems with the ECU, with the bike redlining at 11,000rpm, and the time before that, I was just generally underpowered compared to some of the R6 and Kawasaki 363 that have had lots of tuning done. Now with the new Termi manifold provided by Design Corse, and the new Race ECU that MV got me, the power problem is less of an issue. I'm still lacking a few HP compared to the top supersports on the grid, but at least I'm not being dropped on the straights like I was.

Where no one can touch me is handling. The F3 turns circles around anything else on the grid, and I'll close 3-4 bike lengths per corner on just about any bike out there. While this means my speed comes from always being on the very edge, every corner, I am able to make up time, and then maintain it for the most part down the straights. This is truly the F3's strength, and the ability to make projectory adjustments mid corner as you close on another rider and then decide whether to duck up their inside or wrap around the outside is an advantage that has had several other riders come and ask me how I'm getting past them while we're all leaned over at 50 degrees at 80mph. The F3 is truly a remarkable bike!

I qualified in 10th which is already a major goal in moving up the pack. However I got a terrible start race one and by the first corner had lost 3 places. By the second lap I was fighting for 9th place, flopping back and forth with two very able riders. Unfortunately this allowed the group in front to pull away as we traded places. I came into the last corner in 10th, and tried to make a pass up the inside of the 9th place guy for the race to the finish. But he was savvy to my intent, closed off the line and I had to roll off allowing the rider behind me to pass me down the straight as I'd lost the drive, finishing ultimately in 11th. I certainly can't complain and both riders came over afterwards to compliment us all on a "spirited and entertaining battle".

Race two was the very last race of the day, and I got a fantastic start off the line. I was in 8th by turn 1, in 7th by the third turn, and in 6th by the time we got to the back straight. The next few laps saw us swapping for 6th and 7th continuously until the second last lap when my bike got stuck in 5th at the end of the back straight, I ran off missing my breaking point, and I couldn't get it out of 5th, where it remained for the entire rest of the lap. Finally, at the end of the front straight I got it to shift again, but by then I was in 14th place. I managed to pass two riders before the end of the race finishing in 12th.

While 12th isn't a discouraging result, I was pleased that I was actually fighting for 6th most of the race, and the leaders were always in sight.

There is a bit of a break now for the holidays, but we will pick up the battle in January.

(These photos are from Qualifying. Race photos to come).

2013 MV Agusta F3

Recent Bikes
Ducati Monster
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GXR 750
Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Ducati 848

I'm not a bad ass, but I play one on Facebook.
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Very encouraging.....good luck with the rest of the series.....

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 11:53 AM

Sounds like You are getting closer to the top and this are very good news Corran!
With Your progress we will read about regular top six results and might a podium soon.
Go Corran, Go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Qualifying video with music instead of rushing air!

http://youtu.be/90hpuHpBi8Y
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 AM

New Site Garage
I would much rather have listened to the bike, just to hear what you're doing.
Good result in general though, keep plugging away mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Without the music... but its mostly wind noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Lan3NzzKY

2013 MV Agusta F3

Recent Bikes
Ducati Monster
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GXR 750
Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Ducati 848

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Some photos from the actual races on my awesome Design Corse machine:

2013 MV Agusta F3

Recent Bikes
Ducati Monster
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GXR 750
Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Ducati 848

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 06:32 PM

New Site Garage
What camera are you using, that's terrible sound.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

It's a Drift Ghost - its an AWESOME camera, BUT it hates high wind as the mic is in the front below the lense

2013 MV Agusta F3

Recent Bikes
Ducati Monster
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GXR 750
Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Ducati 848

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode