Taking my F4 to Snetterton on Wed - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Taking my F4 to Snetterton on Wed

I may regret this as I justified separate race and trackday bikes to my wife with the argument that it prevents wrecking the road bike!

I'm taking my usual fireblade as well which I'll use for most of the day, particularly as the MV has a basic Diablo Rosso on the back, but it will be interesting to see how an 06 MV 1000 compares to an 09 Honda!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 01:07 PM

Have a great day . The weather has certainly warmed up for it .

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Brief update - I did 6 sessoins on my 09 fireblade and then the last one on the MV. I was with some slightly mad Italian BEMSEE Rookie 1000 racers from last season so waited for a "quiet" session to take out pride and joy.

Anyway in summary the F4 is a bit heavier to throw around. It feels faster and more exciting than the fireblade, but is in reality quite a bit slower on the straight (166mph vs. 177). The low gears are a bit short and the high gears a bit long so that will have an effect on terminal speed (but makes for better wheelies form second gear corners). It also vibrates quite a lot at high revs. And what can I say about the brakes (6 pot non-radial).................................... using the same marker as on the blade I went straight on twice and ended up braking about 25m earlier. A bit of work on lever set up for the track would help a bit, or a radial m/c but the world has clearly moved on.

By the time I got back to the garage the temp was 103 degress which was a bit less than the Honda! However after being stood for a few minutes it deposited about 30ml of coolant onto the floor (so I guess I'd slightly over-filled it)!

It was fun to ride, but a bit too valuable to be a regular track visitor. It was also the best looking bike in the paddock, and drew attention on and off track which is much the reason I bought it so overall a top result.

Last thing, the legendary poor throttle response wasn't really evident. I believe the bike is completely standard but using Shell V-power fuel greatly improved the dodgy throttle on the road and whilst not perfect it was fine for the track.

Now getting it ready to go and see BSB tomorrow.

Last edited by Graveltrap; 06-14-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode