Yamaha DT1 , 1969 DT250 For Sale. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Cool Yamaha DT1 , 1969 DT250 For Sale.

I'm selling my Yamaha DT1 to make room for my other bikes, as garage space is a major issue at the moment..

The bike is all original (with the exception of the indicators) and even the genuine tool roll and kit is present.

This is probably my favourite Yamaha DT, as it was the first and in my opinion, the prettiest.

As with my other RT1 I recently sold, the seat base on this DT1 is in perfect condition and has survived all those years without succumbing to corrosion like most do.

This is a rare opportunity to own one of these lovely early Yamaha Duel Trial 250ís. As these bikes were not imported into the UK by Yamaha, they are a very rare site on the roads over here.

The mileage looks to be genuine and the engine pulls hard, starts first time and doesnít smoke.

This early DT1 is for sale at £4200.

These bikes are getting harder and harder to find over here, and certainly very few come up for sale in this condition.

The bike is also Road Tax exempt, because of its age.

All she needs is a new decent home to go to !

This is the last of my Yamaha DT collection I'm selling and the other Yamaha two stokes I'm going to keep for the foreseeable future.

Please feel free to PM or email me if you need any further info or pictures.

Cheers for looking
John

SOLD

Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JDS; 08-24-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Wow...that bike is in outstandingly good condition, and the mileage is most likely true.
Interesting modification with the seat strap. I don't recall that as standard, but I certainly could be wrong. Works nicely, regardless.
Paint scheme looks like the 1971 model, though. 1969, the bike that changed the world of motorcycling, was white....but basically the exact same machine.
But if your UK registration says '69 then that's what is is.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Thumbs up

Hey Ed

Cheers for the nice complements.. It's kind of you and much appreciated.. It's always good to get the thumbs up from someone who appreciates classic Japanese motorcycles and was around when these bikes were new..

This DT1 is my favourite of the Yamaha Duel Trial two strokes, because as you said, this is where it all started and these bikes kicked off the off road crazy in the USA..

Totally Steve McQeen.

The seat strap is original Ed for this year model..

I get 95% of my NOS parts from these guys and they really know their onions.

Check it out mate.

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-dt1b-19691970_model8336/partslist/E-01.html#results

Item # 16.. ( Band/Seat Fitting) Part No 214-2477-80-00.

This particular model according to Yamaha UK was manufactured at the end of 1969 and released in 1970..

For vehicle registration purposes, here in the UK they give you an age related number plate on the year of manufacturer, as apposed to when the model was released..

Here is a good site for some info on practically most motorcycles built over the years.. Makes good reading and a great trip down memory lane.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_dt250%2070.htm

Attached Images

EMAIL :

Last edited by JDS; 11-21-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Old Wing Nut

The strap gave way to a sliding metal prop rod in later models....probably a "cost down" idea....I do recall the fabric straps now....gee, that was a long time ago. My memory fades...

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Yeah.. my old RT1 had a metal stay and later on Yamaha did away with everything.. My DT400B hasn't got any seat stay and it's a shame because it was a nice feature on the early models..

Attached Images

EMAIL :
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Cool For Sale Yamaha DT1 250 1969 DT250

Well the last NOS part arrived today from a dealer in Canada to finish off this DT1 250..

I managed to track down a NOS side panel decal... The bike is now ready for sale and good to go...

Attached Images

EMAIL :
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Hi Guys

I've advertised the DT1 on Ebay today and here are some new pictures I took at the weekend..

Attached Images

EMAIL :
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Old Wing Nut

An outstanding example......good luck with your sale. Simply outstanding.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Thumbs up

Cheers Ed.. That is high praise and much appreciated.

I will be really sorry to see this DT1 go, and I hope I can find a good home for her to go to..

When I get a chance, Iíll send you some picture of that other bike weíve been talking about..

Cheers
John

EMAIL :
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

This DT is now SOLD...

It has gone to a local chap in Hertfordshire, who will hopefully look after her and enjoy her...

Cheers guys
J

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode