Interesting on ebay (Bimota SuperMono) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Interesting on ebay (Bimota SuperMono)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

Not for me but maybe someone on here might like for their collection.... I know nothing about the listing or the seller....

"We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time" Guy Martin Road Racer.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:04 PM

Thats a cool bike! Wish I had room in my garage.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
Thats a cool bike! Wish I had room in my garage.
Go in to garage.... look around..... throw out all the stuff you have saved because you might use it one day ...... Hey presto room for another bike!!!

Brought to you by the Vertigo " How to buy another bike program"

"We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time" Guy Martin Road Racer.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Established Member

if i had a few grand spare i would have it.im sure its worth that money or more.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Go in to garage.... look around..... throw out all the stuff you have saved because you might use it one day ...... Hey presto room for another bike!!!

Brought to you by the Vertigo " How to buy another bike program"
Thats a great point! Heck I have boxes of car parts laying around for cars I don't even own anymore! Just been too lazy to sell them or otherwise dispose of them. It would be possible to squeeze in another (smallish) bike with a little effort.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by r25sti View Post
if i had a few grand spare i would have it.im sure its worth that money or more.
My thoughts exactly .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
Thats a great point! Heck I have boxes of car parts laying around for cars I don't even own anymore! Just been too lazy to sell them or otherwise dispose of them. It would be possible to squeeze in another (smallish) bike with a little effort.
Guess tomorrow is mapped out for you now !!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 12:04 AM

Though i havent ridden one, there was one for sale out where i am at. I did the research and all of the owners/reviewers said it was more looks than function. The BMW 650 single is no where near the level of performance of the Ducati super mono. They stated the tracktime was a big let down :-(.
Everyone says the motor is the most disappointing part of the bike, Otherwise, it is at Bimota level for handling, fit and finish.
Too bad. Unless the motor can be woken up some, this would be a letdown for anything other than a centerpiece in the livingroom.

Tree
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 10:28 PM

That is some heavily modified BB1. I had one Years ago and I'm still sad that I sold it. However, You can find pictures of an original BB1 Supermono in my album. Although I had the second front brake rotor mounted. Which was an option by Bimota at the time. There where only 375 pieces ever build of the Supermono, further 125 or so as Biposto. To say the motor was the most let down is not entirely true. Sure if You wanted to use it on track it was in its standard configuration to slow. I think it is more a back roads warrier and there it shined. For track use You could have bought, at the time, tons of special parts to boost the performance to an entire new level. With new cams. fuel injection,... You could have boosted the power from 48 to 80 hp. But the price was in 98 roughly 21.000 German Mark (about 10500 Euro) and the upgrade kits all together another 9000 Euro. Yeah it had quite some flaws, like breaking head light bulbs ( live time around 5 to 15 mls), overflowing coolant and engine oil, ... For an example to replace the light bulbs You needed to remove the fairing. Bolting the BMW single rigidly into the frame was in particular not as a great idea since this piece of machinery is vibrating like hell. At speeds around 90 to 130 kph it was qite okay with the vibration but once You reached over 160 I thoiught always it will burst into piece. But I loved the Supermono. To bad that most of them died in SoS races or are that modified nowadays.
Oh well.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 02:44 AM

haupti delivers again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode