Parting with the Duke - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Parting with the Duke

After much soul searching I've decided to put my ST4s up for sale. Since Ducati decided to drop the ST bikes from their range, there's nothing they currently make that I'd want to replace it with (OK, a Desmodesici perhaps wouldn't go amiss) so I'm looking at Triumphs and Hondas at the mo! (Go and wash your mouth out with soap and water John!!).

If any UK members here are interested, drop me a line, I've just put it on UK ebay, here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120744844201

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM

John go wash your mouth out with soap and water!

Actually Triumphs are pretty cool. ALMOST as cool as Italian bikes.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Cheers Mike. It's a gorgeous day here today so we went out for a ride on the Duke and ended up looking at a 2007 Honda VFR. I didn't buy it, although I like VFR's (had one before I bought the Duke) I think I might opt for the ST1050 Triumph triple.

Keep one wheel down!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

John

your going to miss that ST4 of yours, had a shot of Ian's and it sure seems a great all-rounder of a bike

triumph triple does sound a good direction

post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 12:50 PM
ASM

Didn't know you had a KTM Duke....

Ciao, Andreas
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 12:50 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Hey John..

Good luck with the sale mate, and I know you really had a soft spot for the Duke.. It's sad when you have to sell a bike, but all good things have to come to an end..

If you've looking at VFR's make sure you do some homework on the VVT models.. A few of my friends bought this model and couldn't get on with the VVT system..

Is the Blackbird to big for your tastes.. (the bike not the plane .. )..

EMAIL :
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Hey John..

Good luck with the sale mate, and I know you really had a soft spot for the Duke.. It's sad when you have to sell a bike, but all good things have to come to an end..

If you've looking at VFR's make sure you do some homework on the VVT models.. A few of my friends bought this model and couldn't get on with the VVT system..

Is the Blackbird to big for your tastes.. (the bike not the plane .. )..

Thanks John, I really am sad to be parting with the Ducati in many ways. I only wish Ducati had continued to develop the ST range and mebbe put a 1098 engine in a ST chassis, with upgraded lights, instrumentation, a big fuel tank and comfy seat plus the luggage options of course, I think it would have been a winner. Ah well, the sales figures for ST's obviously said otherwise to the Ducati management.

Re the V-tec VFR, yes, I know what you mean, the surge in power when the 4 valves kick in has been criticised by many owners and I'm not a fan of linked brakes, if I encounter loose chippings on the road like I did yesterday I want to be able to activate the rear brake only.

I've never ridden a Blackbird, mebbe I should try one. It's been suggested to me that the ZZR Kawasaki should be on my wish list too, but for once I'd like to be patriotic and get a Trumpet.

If I can get one with the full luggage option and a few sensible extras like a hugger, heated grips, mebbe a Scottoiler, then I think that will be sitting next to the MV in the garage in future, but of course I've got to sell the Duke first, I've already got several watchers on the auction but they are probably you lot! Lol

Keep one wheel down!

post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 03:38 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
John

What about the Multistrada.. No good ?

I'm not a fan of BMW's ( expect the HP2 of course ) but they apparently do some good sports tourers.. Ever had a look at any of their range ? .. K 1300 S !

EMAIL :
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Multistrada John? That is one ugly mo fo IMHO! As for the Beemers, well those K series bikes are not my cup of tea at all. I rode the triple many years ago and didn't get on with it. They are far too heavy and unwieldy for me. I think I'd sooner have a Pan European but then again I don't want one of those either for similar reasons.

The problem is no-one makes a light(ish) nimble Sports Tourer anymore. They all seem to be either full on inter-galactic barges or kind of stuff with high ground clearance like the Triumph Tigers, KTM Super Dukes and the good old Duke multis, which for a short arse like me are not ideal. That's why I seem to have narrowed down the search to the ST1050 Trumpet or another Viffer. To keep the Italian theme going I have looked at the Guzzi Norge, but once again they are on the big heavy side and they don't come cheap either for a decent one. I'm open to suggestions folks??

Keep one wheel down!

Last edited by john; 07-02-2011 at 10:52 PM.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 11:33 PM

F800st

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode