For Sale 1977 Yamaha DT400 MX Fully Restored To Show Condition. - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Cool For Sale Yamaha DT400 MX Fully Restored To Show Condition.

Hi Guys & Girls.

I’m putting up for sale another one of my bikes from my two stroke collections

This is a genuine Yamaha DT400 MX Enduro 1977 with matching Frame & Engine numbers as it left the factory.

The bike has been fully restored to show room condition and would make a great part to anybody’s collection or just to use and enjoy in the summertime. How cool would this bike looked parked outside a café.

This bike even has installed the rare Yamaha optional extra front fender extender.. [/SIZE][/FONT]

There is a thick folder with all the receipts for the NOS parts used totalling over £3000+ ..

Some of the NOS parts used in this restoration are no longer available and if you was to build a bike to this spec today, then it would cost you a lot more money in parts and time.

For Sale £3995..

If you have any questions, then please feel free to email if you need anymore info..

I can arrange shipping anywhere in the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man or Mainland Europe or put you in touch with Chas Mortimer Motorcycle Transport in Kent..

Cheers for looking
John

PS: I’m almost 99.9% finished restoration of a Suzuki PE400X, so watch this space.

Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JDS; 09-11-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 11:41 AM

Hubba hubba

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Wink

Hey Rob

Don't you mean .. AAAAArrrrrr Ringggging, aaaaadinggggging.. ding.

Much nicer smelling and sweeter sound compared to a SUCK,SQUEEZE,BANG,BLOW four stroke

EMAIL :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Big Randaddy

Wow!!!! ....and I don't even like it. I'm not a two stroker, nor an off roader, but dahamn, that's a nice bike.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
We didn't get that model in the USA.....nice bike John.

Sorry I haven't been much help with your PE needs.

I just picked up a complete 1975 RD350C...it is in pieces (sub assemblies) but all there and straight!!! Been in dry storage for the past 7 + years.
It was a gift from the owner (an old friend from when this was a new bike) who decided he has too much stuff and not enough space.
I'll strip it the rest of the way down to the individual bits so it can be properly cleaned and sorted.....

Sometime.... when I have time....maybe when I retire in a few years.
falcn likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Wow!!!! ....and I don't even like it. I'm not a two stroker, nor an off roader, but dahamn, that's a nice bike.
Considering your feelings about Two Strokes, that is a nice comment.. Cheers Randy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
We didn't get that model in the USA.....nice bike John.

Sorry I haven't been much help with your PE needs.

I just picked up a complete 1975 RD350C...it is in pieces (sub assemblies) but all there and straight!!! Been in dry storage for the past 7 + years.
It was a gift from the owner (an old friend from when this was a new bike) who decided he has too much stuff and not enough space.
I'll strip it the rest of the way down to the individual bits so it can be properly cleaned and sorted.....

Sometime.... when I have time....maybe when I retire in a few years.
That's okay Ed... I managed to find some rare magazine articles on the PE on Ebay US, so I’ve got the information I needed to have the decals made up.. The only thing I couldn’t find was a NOS sale brochure..

She’s almost finished, I just need to remove the exhaust system again to replace the manifold gasket and clean out the carb jets, as the motor isn’t revving out cleanly.

Good luck with the RD 350 restoration project, but don’t be fooled by the assumption that you’ll have more time on your hands when you retire.. In actual fact you’ll find it’s quite the opposite and you’ll be wondering to yourself were you ever had the time to go to work..

falcn likes this.

EMAIL :
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 09:40 AM

Hmmmm…..parts of that bike look very familiar!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
.... don’t be fooled by the assumption that you’ll have more time on your hands when you retire.. In actual fact you’ll find it’s quite the opposite and you’ll be wondering to yourself were you ever had the time to go to work..

Agreed. One absolute truth about retirement......whatever you think it'll be......it'll be something different. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but however you've imagined it, expect something different.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by embo View Post
Hmmmm…..parts of that bike look very familiar!
Indeedy... These restorations wouldn’t be possible without your help mate.. Cheers for helping me out and you know I’d do the same for you…

PS: Ed… Little word of advice about retirement… Don’t keep any snacks at home, unless you want to put on a ton of weight.. .. It's to easy to snack whilst you're doing stuff around the place, so keep temptation out of arms reach..

EMAIL :
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 05:34 AM

New Site Garage
Og, I keep buying them Lotto tickets.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode