Guns, Politics, and Religion. - Page 808 - MVAgusta.net
 1291Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #8071 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:41 PM

Former President Obama must not be a climate change cultist, as be recently bought a mansion in Martha’s Vinyard, an area expected to be hit hard by the effects of climate change in 11.5 years.

I guess he’s smarter than I thought he was.
Mario Landavoz likes this.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:46 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDravis View Post
Oh.. I love it when people get "fact-resistant" -- The Drastic change in our global climate is VERY real .. But .. I agree .. the consequences are very difficult to predict, that is a question of lack of hard scientific data from the past: There are no records of a climate change of this magnitude AND speed of change in Geo-science. We are in uncharted waters (Hee-hee .. literally we will be - Sea level rise is also a FACT -- not some "Alarmist theory" )

Its quite funny seen from the perspective of a scientist, how good some people are at ignoring measurable, quantifiable FACTS, especially when these facts run contrary to their political or religious beliefs.
The same people who are not for one second ignoring or discarding other measurements, like the voltages on their bike battery, or the temperature of the cooling system .. There IS NO difference -- The Earth is just a much bigger "radiator"

When I quote the US as the largest CO2 contributor, I'm looking at a historic perspective -- The total amount of CO2 released to the atmosphere over time -- In that respect the US is still the "winner" and will be for a little while longer, it will be caught by China shortly.
Fair enough on looking at total from the past. Here is another ranking of the Environmental Performance Index. Your country has moved up the rankings over the last few years to third, very good job. The US is far from last when you look at the overall pic and not just one measure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enviro...formance_Index

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
MV Agusta F4 1000 Senna #25
Ducati 1098 2009
post #8073 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:53 PM

Study shows Green New Deal would be an abysmal failure. Decreasing temperature increase by just .083 to .173 of one degree. So weíre gong to give up cars, motorcycles, airplanes, and cows for this all while spending trillions. Awesome!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/study...-emily-zanotti

Maybe they should show this to school children instead of scaring them to death with their lies.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #8074 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 04:06 PM

Climate change cultist Bernie Sanders owns three mansions and a private jet. So I guess just us peasants are supposed to give up freedoms?
Mario Landavoz likes this.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #8075 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Uh...the "hole in the ozone layer" was (is?) a real thing, but has been improved greatly by the regulations on aerosol propellants and Freon type gasses.

Head down under some time and experience the fierceness of the sun there.

I lived in the LA basin for a time and got to experience smog so thick you couldn't see the mountain 1/2 mile from the house on some days...... Air quality is much better now, thanks to all those emissions regulations.

Miami city streets are now routinely flooded..... South Beach is disappearing into the ocean.

The dinosaurs died off after an asteroid impacted the earth and blanketed the atmosphere with dust so no heat got in.... Now we are blanketing it with carbon dioxide which allows the sun's heat in, but doesn't let it radiate out.

Deny climate change all you want. That's what big coal and big oil and the politicians they buy want you to think. And you're buying it !!!

Like I've been saying for years...we are doomed.
Glenno and DaveNZ like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8076 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Uh...the "hole in the ozone layer" was (is?) a real thing, but has been improved greatly by the regulations on aerosol propellants and Freon type gasses.

Head down under some time and experience the fierceness of the sun there.

I lived in the LA basin for a time and got to experience smog so thick you couldn't see the mountain 1/2 mile from the house on some days...... Air quality is much better now, thanks to all those emissions regulations.

Miami city streets are now routinely flooded..... South Beach is disappearing into the ocean.

The dinosaurs died off after an asteroid impacted the earth and blanketed the atmosphere with dust so no heat got in.... Now we are blanketing it with carbon dioxide which allows the sun's heat in, but doesn't let it radiate out.

Deny climate change all you want. That's what big coal and big oil and the politicians they buy want you to think. And you're buying it !!!

Like I've been saying for years...we are doomed.
Well on to more important stuff.......Go Braves! (I hate St.Louis)

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #8077 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
Former President Obama must not be a climate change cultist, as be recently bought a mansion in Marthaís Vinyard, an area expected to be hit hard by the effects of climate change in 11.5 years.

I guess heís smarter than I thought he was.
Climate change is already here, its been steadily growning at an accelerated rate over the last 60 years, the worst is yet to come, just do some research on some of the low lying pacific islands.
post #8078 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
Climate change cultist Bernie Sanders owns three mansions and a private jet. So I guess just us peasants are supposed to give up freedoms?
We all need to make significant changes, but the days of private jets are coming to an end. Bernie needs to lead by example, but he's a bloody dinosaur. I don't know if your've noticed but there have been massive marches around the world over climate issues, even here where we have a government for reducing green house gasses and has set serious targets and funding massive replanting schemes, there has just been yesterday a 40,000 people march. Its gaining momentun around the world where as you get a fool like Trump who knows better than the thousands of scientists telling us from accumulated data, we are having a massive effect on earths natural cycle.

Last edited by DaveNZ; 09-27-2019 at 09:44 PM.
post #8079 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:31 PM

The US contributes 1/5 of the worlds CO2, and consumes 1/5 of the worlds resources. Thats why fools like Trump like to deny man made climate change, theses too much money and control at stake to make a significant change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDravis View Post
Oh.. I love it when people get "fact-resistant" -- The Drastic change in our global climate is VERY real .. But .. I agree .. the consequences are very difficult to predict, that is a question of lack of hard scientific data from the past: There are no records of a climate change of this magnitude AND speed of change in Geo-science. We are in uncharted waters (Hee-hee .. literally we will be - Sea level rise is also a FACT -- not some "Alarmist theory" )

Its quite funny seen from the perspective of a scientist, how good some people are at ignoring measurable, quantifiable FACTS, especially when these facts run contrary to their political or religious beliefs.
The same people who are not for one second ignoring or discarding other measurements, like the voltages on their bike battery, or the temperature of the cooling system .. There IS NO difference -- The Earth is just a much bigger "radiator"

When I quote the US as the largest CO2 contributor, I'm looking at a historic perspective -- The total amount of CO2 released to the atmosphere over time -- In that respect the US is still the "winner" and will be for a little while longer, it will be caught by China shortly.
post #8080 of 8390 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
We all need to make significant changes, but the days of private jets are coming to an end. Bernie needs to lead by example, but he's a bloody dinosaur. I don't know if your've noticed but there have been massive marches around the world over climate issues, even here where we have a government for reducing green house gasses and has set serious targets and funding massive replanting schemes, there has just been yesterday a 40,000 people march. Its gaining momentun around the world where as you get a fool like Trump who knows better than the thousands of scientists telling us from accumulated data, we are having a massive effect on earths natural cycle.
Yes Iíve noticed, children being indoctrinated and manipulated to further the leftist agenda. Leave it to leftists to use scare tactics on children. Pathetic. Of course it makes sense, get them while theyíre young and before their brains are fully developed.....before they start thinking for themselves. Liberals donít want that!

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode