Guns, Politics, and Religion. - Page 805 - MVAgusta.net
 1268Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #8041 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
DaveNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Taranaki NZ
Posts: 529
^^^ Good writing there Glenno. Im just wondering if Trump has gone too far this time that even all those Conservatives that ducked for cover with the Russian investigation, will this time speak out. Trump can't hide from this latest attempt to get another country involved in US politics like he did with Russia. He's teetering on the edge this time. Is an Impeachment the best for US politics, personally i say no, the US is in a good position employment wise, yes the debt is rampant under Trump whilst the economy is strong, but an Impeachment will throw a spanner in the works. Sure Trump is a crook, and deserves removal, but id like him to see his term out, then some new blood elected from either side.
DaveNZ is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8042 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Tirefriar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
Trump can't hide from this latest attempt to get another country involved in US politics like he did with Russia. He's teetering on the edge this time.
Obama administration, including DNC and Clinton did exactly that back in 2016, or this fact doesn’t phase you? Talk about double standards...
SportBikeMike likes this.
Tirefriar is offline  
post #8043 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Glenno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
Obama administration, including DNC and Clinton did exactly that back in 2016, or this fact doesn’t phase you? Talk about double standards...
You keep implying "but they did it too" as if that is some kind of excuse for the incumbent to get a free pass??? It seems like you imply that makes it okay to double down on the shenanigans despite claims of "draining the swamp" when in reality it seems the water has merely changed colour alittle, but it is a colour you like. Not better not worse, just one you like.

This does not excuse any current leader from making the right choices. Good leaders, not even great ones rise above others poor examples, I'm waiting to see that.
esq'z me likes this.

2000 F4 750
Glenno is offline  
post #8044 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
SportBikeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 3,223
If it wasnít for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.
theknurl, JAndrewG and Tirefriar like this.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
SportBikeMike is online now  
post #8045 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 12:07 AM
Senior Member
 
DaveNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Taranaki NZ
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
If it wasnít for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.
Now thats the pot calling the kettle black. I really hope they don't impeach him, you really deserve him.
DaveNZ is online now  
post #8046 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 12:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Tirefriar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
You keep implying "but they did it too" as if that is some kind of excuse for the incumbent to get a free pass??? It seems like you imply that makes it okay to double down on the shenanigans despite claims of "draining the swamp" when in reality it seems the water has merely changed colour alittle, but it is a colour you like. Not better not worse, just one you like.

This does not excuse any current leader from making the right choices. Good leaders, not even great ones rise above others poor examples, I'm waiting to see that.
Agree, not an excuse but rather means of getting to the facts. Unfortunately current Congress will not even think of investigating the Bidens. Too bad as thereís a good reason to investigate Bidensí activities in relation to Burisma.

Personally I always thought how strange that Bidenís son joined a Board of Directors of a Ukranian energy company that was owned by a Ukranian mobster deep in corruption investigation, that Hunter Biden had little experience with the energy industry, that Biden at the time was in charge of US-Ukranian relations and that after Biden joined the Board all international investigations of Burisma ceased.
theknurl and Ducati23 like this.
Tirefriar is offline  
post #8047 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 02:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Glenno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
If it wasn’t for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.
That is a bit rich considering one woman caused Bill Clinton to have impeachment proceedings against him. The Donald has had in excess of a dozen women bring complaints against him and all you hear from that side is crickets chirping.

And again instead of looking at the merits, people stick a label on it and dismiss it because it isn't their team.

2000 F4 750
Glenno is offline  
post #8048 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 03:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Tirefriar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
That is a bit rich considering one woman caused Bill Clinton to have impeachment proceedings against him. The Donald has had in excess of a dozen women bring complaints against him and all you hear from that side is crickets chirping.
How many of them did Trump bang in the Oval Office as a President?
Tirefriar is offline  
post #8049 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 03:38 AM
New Member
 
Scottlarson737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Fond du Lac, WI
Posts: 46
So glad we all read the transcripts of the alleged quid pro quo before jumping to any conclusions! What a let down for the Democrats. Just another made-up allegation to reverse the election results of the 2016 election. The left simply cannot accept that Trump beat Hillary. My belief: by trying to impeach, they just punched Trump’s ticket for 2020. Everything they have tried on Trump has backfired spectacularly.
theknurl and SportBikeMike like this.
Scottlarson737 is offline  
post #8050 of 8344 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 04:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Glenno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
How many of them did Trump bang in the Oval Office as a President?
You can split hairs on the timing and details all you want mate, doesn't make it right. Over a dozen women but because he wasn't president makes it okay?

2000 F4 750
Glenno is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome