Guns, Politics, and Religion. - Page 773 - MVAgusta.net
 770Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7721 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
Dave, if you are going to rip off another guy's post (in another forum) at least give him credit. Otherwise its plagiarism or maybe a form of #MeToo movement...

Seriously, MV forum is not a dump ground for Aprilia forum re-treads.
Everybody gets their Memees from one source or another, mine come from the AF1 forum. Its not plagiarism, its flattery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7722 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:33 PM
Banned

A bunch of sick fucks you have there.
Attached Images

post #7723 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:42 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
10char
Attached Images

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #7724 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:58 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDravis View Post
Just added a new "toy" to my gun-safe -- yup .. one of the "Evil Black rifles" -- a true "mouse gun" a Colt AR - 15" HBAR "Heavy Match Target"

-- so far the only mods on it is a CMC flat-blade trigger, a Magpul grip, a free float front grip and an ajustable gasblock + a few other smaller bits.. The original " Lawyer proof" Colt trigger was just too atrocious for me to accept, and moderators are legal here, hence the gasblock -- and the threaded muzzle -
It's refreshing to see folks outside of the US having a safe and positive relationship with firearms. If I listened to the media in the US I'd be convinced the US is the only country left on the face of the earth that allows it's serfs to own dangerous boom-sticks, and that it's our only downfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati23 View Post
One I built recently. Started as a 80% machined lower. It's not evil because it is FDE Ceracoat Tan

300AAC twisted fluted Bear Creek Arsenal Barrel
Gessele SSA-E Trigger 2.5 & 2 lbs two stage
PWC M16 BCG Melanite & Comp/Flash Hider
Colt M16 Selector Assembly
SOPMOD with square wire
Magpul composite pieces

I like it. Did you get the BCA barrel before, or after they were raided by ICE for hiring dozens of illegals?

Here's my two latest builds (attached)

I think my next focus will be something in a magnum cartridge for extremely long ranges, maybe a Sako TRG.
Attached Images

Last edited by lgp0722; 05-21-2019 at 07:06 PM.
post #7725 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:28 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Talking Lots of "boomsticks!

Quote:
It's refreshing to see folks outside of the US having a safe and positive relationship with firearms. If I listened to the media in the US I'd be convinced the US is the only country left on the face of the earth that allows it's serfs to own dangerous boom-sticks, and that it's our only downfall.

Oh! We are not exactly encouraged to own firearms here, but it is perfectly possible, there's just a truckload of bureaucracy and paperwork involved
ALL firearms require a permit from the police, and to get that you need a "legal purpose" for owning the firearm (Self defense does NOT count!!) You are NOT allowed to shoot anyone, unless it can later be proven in court that it was the ONLY way to defend yourself against a DEADLY attack.

There are all kinds of weird and wonderful restrictions as to what you can and cannot own of firearms.
Silencers/suppressors are legal for hunting, and for some sports shooting, but not for short guns. (i.e. handguns -- pistols ) And silencers/supperessors also require a permit, but needs no serial number or calibre stated on said permit..
Some firearms are specifically banned: .50BMG is one example (It is deemed "Not applicable for hunting or Sports shooting" --)
some "platforms" are very restricted and are now almost impossible to get a permit for, the AR-15 in .223cal is "not PC" since it is Semi-auto and "looks like" a military full auto firearm, and fires "military ammo" -- The AR-10 is OK though -- it does not fire a calibre that is currently military issue here-- The really funny thing is that the market is flowing over with surplus 7.62Nato ball ammo.. Now that the military no longer uses it ..

"There is no law of Nature, requiring the Universe to make sense"
"103% of all people do not understand Statistics"
"Sapere Aude -- Dare to KNOW!"
-- DKDravis --
post #7726 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Established Member

The differences in gun laws internationally has always been so fascinating to me, seeing what one country demonizes and another doesn't. Pundits here call 5.56 NATO a "high caliber round" now (never mind that that's not even a grammatically sound statement), but they're OK with my 30-06 that'll put a hole through an animal at a distance where 5.56 would just bounce off. About 10 years ago larger stores by me stopped selling 5.56 for a while because the media was calling it a "high powered round", but those same stores were still selling 300 Winchester Magnum. It's just nuts. Everything here is based on the whims of people who have no idea what they're doing or even how firearms work. It seems like getting a suppressor, or having a rifle with a shorter barrel, is no harder than getting any other weapon, or in some cases easier, in a lot of EU countries, and even in Canada. In the US you pay a $200 licensing "tax" and have to wait upwards of a year for an in-depth background check to clear if your barrel is a millimeter under 16", or to get a suppressor.

It's crazy. I want a 16" barrel rile, I can give a cashier cash, have my name run through an instant check national database in seconds, and can walk out with it in minutes. I want a 15.9" barrel rifle, I have to submit fingerprints in triplicate to the ATF and the local police chief, pay a $200 "tax", undergo an extensive FBI background check, and my last wait was 11 months before it was approved. Because that 0.1" is so dangerous. But then in some other countries, that's par for the course for purchasing any firearm...
Ducati23 likes this.
post #7727 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:09 AM

The war on automobiles is a war on freedom

Make no mistake, it(the war) has nothing to do with environment or safety.
And lets not forget that mobility in the broader spectrum and personal mobility affects everything. It is inextricable to human activity, creation, expression, culture, civilization. Motion is space and time. Control that and.......

Very deep subject.

Just 2 random articles.

By Deutsche Welle:

https://www.dw.com/en/opinion-the-wa...dom/a-46025282

Why Self-Driving Cars Are the New Gun Control:

https://www.inc.com/jeff-bercovici/s...lture-war.html

Have you heard about the new EU vehicle safety measures(not motorcycles...for now)? Intelligence Speed Assistance anyone? Black box recorder?
Welcome to the new era of un-freedom! Life will soon be outlawed!

Enjoy your safeness!
theknurl and SportBikeMike like this.

Nes

post #7728 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:45 PM

New Site Garage
Has anyone one here had any experience with PCP air rifles?
I have just purchased the Diana Outlaw in .22 cal, now I am waiting for it to arrive.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
post #7729 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:44 PM
Banned

Telling lies and playing golf, Trumps only accomplishments to date.
Attached Images

post #7730 of 7805 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:15 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
Telling lies and playing golf, Trumps only accomplishments to date.
Attached Images

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode