Guns, Politics, and Religion. - Page 715 - MVAgusta.net
 691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7141 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 12:59 AM

New Site Garage
When we think of narcissists, we usually picture someone with an inflated ego — someone bossy and arrogant, who has to be right. To be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), the person must exhibit grandiosity (if only in fantasy) and lack of empathy.

Hmmm, Who could it be?
R1andrew and SportBikeMike like this.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7142 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
I would say that it is about giving people stuff for free. If you want something then work for it. I will not jump on the bandwagon that the government should provide for my well being. One of my quotes are " I am for helping those who can't, not for those who won't".
I don't really know what you mean, but if I had to guess you mean welfare recipients? I will take your comment on face value though, and follow that thought to its logical concluson.

The people who are getting free stuff, those who are killing it, and who do fuck all, who do you think they are? Auto workers? Migrants? People who, for whatever reason, just can't ever get ahead?

In my opinion, the people you should be angry at aren't those who don't want to work, or who want some help from the govt. The people you should be angry at, the people that you are paying for and who do not give a shit about you, are the same people who want you to make a contribution to the $3 billion extortion that Amazon is asking? The people who brought you the GFC, and then, got a handout from the taxpayer so that they could get their bonuses. Too big to fail. You reckon anyone has asked them to pay more tax to make up for it all? No. You paid for it. Do Not expect any thanks.
post #7143 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 01:35 AM

New Site Garage
Unsolicited advice givers tend to be rigid in the way they approach life in general.

In terms of their thinking style, unsolicited advice givers tend to be cognitively rigid. They typically believe that they are right, and when they approach a problem, they often have difficulty seeing the situation from multiple perspectives. They can be absolutist in their thinking, perceiving things in an all-or-nothing, black-or-white way.

They tend to have a grandiose sense of self or perception of their own competence.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
post #7144 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:06 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRoyWallace View Post
I don't really know what you mean, but if I had to guess you mean welfare recipients? I will take your comment on face value though, and follow that thought to its logical concluson.

The people who are getting free stuff, those who are killing it, and who do fuck all, who do you think they are? Auto workers? Migrants? People who, for whatever reason, just can't ever get ahead?

In my opinion, the people you should be angry at aren't those who don't want to work, or who want some help from the govt. The people you should be angry at, the people that you are paying for and who do not give a shit about you, are the same people who want you to make a contribution to the $3 billion extortion that Amazon is asking? The people who brought you the GFC, and then, got a handout from the taxpayer so that they could get their bonuses. Too big to fail. You reckon anyone has asked them to pay more tax to make up for it all? No. You paid for it. Do Not expect any thanks.
No you are right. I should support a country for where no one works and the government is in complete control and people are forced to depends on them. What was I thinking to want a country where people work, have jobs, better themselves, and companies make profits. That just can't be a good thing.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
post #7145 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
I was similiarly surprised when one day this thread came to my notice, and while it is amusing, I have frequently wondered why it was allowed to start, as it has the potential to be very unproductive & divisive.
Just a little history into the origin of this G.P.R. Thread:

Without going into detail, there were individuals who delighted in posting controversial and inflammatory content wherever they decided to in many different threads. That content often became controversial and argumentative and frankly, rude.

People are allowed to have their opinions based on their experiences and motivations. It is the way of the world.

Carl, @CAG, saw that Guns, Politics, and Religion were topics that created very vehement conversations and those conversations would pop up in the middle of an otherwise very informative or entertaining thread. As those threads spiraled out of control, genuine feelings were hurt, friendships were altered or destroyed and people were banned from the forum.

The moderators decided to establish GPR to be a repository for all things controversial.

While decorum seems to have reigned since, occasionally things get a bit salty. I miss the days of free banter where people didn't get their tits in a tither over someone else's overzealous opinion.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7146 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
This is what angers me.

If you don;t think there is an enemy within, you aren't paying attention.

How would you folks in OZ or NZ respond to this?

Let' say I come to your countries, and I have made it to lovely NZ, I overstay my visa...can I now vote in your system of government? Should I be able to? IF so why?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44440...ign=benshapiro
fasduc and theknurl like this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7147 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:51 AM

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  70.4 KB
fasduc, theknurl and Aircondy like this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Email/Paypal:

'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7148 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Let' say I come to your countries, and I have made it to lovely NZ, I overstay my visa...can I now vote in your system of government? Should I be able to? IF so why?
Chuck, I addressed the stringent NZ immigration requirements in my earlier posts. The only reply I received is a an explanation that NZ is a country with much smaller population insinuating that NZ HAS to be very selective in who they admit. Yet US according to the posts from some of the members from down under US should not be afforded the right to proper immigration policies. Typical stupid ass bullshit from those that a) don’t reside in US and b) don’t contribute to our tax system.

Furthermore, NZ has an immigration center that “prepares” all newly admitted immigrants for integration into the NZ society. The immigrants are REQUIRED to study English and are evaluated for their job skills. I would love to have the same system setup in the US but who are we kidding? The libtards would be denouncing this center(s) as concentration camps but I guess it’s ok for other countries.

https://borgenproject.org/10-facts-a...land-refugees/

To answer your questions, illegal immigration is seriously looked down upon by NZ population with citizens being encouraged to report anyone they suspect to be illegal. Illegal aliens are not afforded any rights to social programs.
theknurl and Aircondy like this.
post #7149 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 11:08 AM

New Site Garage
Good read. I am waiting for the "do as i say, not as I do" reply.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
post #7150 of 7723 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
One article, written by someone from a think tank, who selectively quotes people who are professional scientists, and then forgets to take the overall context of the climate as a whole entity into perspective, should not be taken seriously. Nyet, comrade. If it was that simple, then I reckon the media generally, including the billionaire lefties who run all your media but Fox, would be saying something about it, like, thank heavens, now we can buy an Aston Martin without guilt?

The science is in, how the planet & the climate will react is a complete mystery, and wouldn't it be fab if it turns out that we need to burn all that coal to save our selfish arses? Laugh, we nearly pissed ourselves, as Australia has 25 % of the dirtiest coal, brown. No such luck. Danmark Davies could have given you a good sciencey response, but we have not seen him again since Franco's ghost was rude to him.

How about this one then?

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/nasa...rtKBXnqby42zPA

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Email/Paypal:

'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode