1381Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6501 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 11:56 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonusfabiker View Post
This article says that the Castiglioni's paid their employees, but defrauded the corrupt, fraudulent, insolvent Italian Government. The same bankrupt Italian Government that exists on a foundation of total fraud, and even terrorised and murdered its own people (operation Gladio). And you are saying the Castiglionis are the bad guys? Why should we delight in seeing the men who gave us our beautiful bikes being beaten by the same evil bastards who rob all of us of our liberty, wealth, culture and opportunity?

Put another way, the Castiglionis will be punished for using fraud to try to KEEP an extra few million of the euros that they earned from their work. Meanwhile, the Italian Government and EU are being supported for using exponentially greater fraud to keep robbing all the citizens of Italy and the EU of TRILLIONS of euros. Are you suggesting we celebrate the mafioso Government discovering that one of their standover victims wasn't giving up everything?

Besides which, even if the Castiglionis weren't stereotypically dodgy Italian businessmen, Governments are so corrupt that there is no such thing as 'honest reporting' anyway! The corrupt bureaucrats invent their own "interpretations" of the laws to please themselves. Just look at how they are "challenging his Swiss resident status for taxation purposes". That means they are ignoring their own rules and just making up a story upon which they can steal some more tax dollars.

The western world seems to be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. We've forgotten who the real bad guys are. The Castiglionis have blessed us with fabulous, beautiful vehicles that we all love. Meanwhile the Italian Government and EU have screwed up, and screwed over, every person, business and job they've ever come into contact with; all while lining their own pockets. The result of this could be MV disappears so that the psychopaths running the Government can proudly put another notch on their belt. Another famed EU business failing will put big smiles on the faces of the bureaucrats while leaving all of us worse off, again.
Good opening defence Petrocelli .. Should email it to their defence team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
John, I thought Italy was an autonomous collective?
You're fooling yourself Dave. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy. We're an anarchosyndicalist commune, take
it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decision of that officer have to be ratified
at a special biweekly meeting.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6502 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:32 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasF4 View Post
Thumbs up for Casthlioni. Governments are corrupt! I pay around 75% tax on every money I make, and for what? Crimes has never been higher in Sweden than today. Nothing works anymore over here.
When I broke my foot I flew to Ukraine to get treatment the same day. In Sweden I had to wait forever. So first I payed for it through my taxes and then I had to pay it again(incl taxes) to get it fixed in Ukraine.
Good work Sweden.....

When I got back I read about numerous outbreaks of TBC and the measles. No, I don’t like it here anymore and we’re about to move to Australia.
When I read comments like this I count my lucky stars and feel blessed to have been born in the US. Not being sarcastic but I can not imagine paying 75% of my income in taxes then seeing no return on my investment(robbery). I know the man is not perfect and know that there is a lot of negative shots taken at him but I can not say how happy I am that DJT is the POTUS. My taxes under the new tax plan in the US will go down 11%! I know I'm losing some other things like deducting my state property taxes but my income taxes will save me thousands. Also, the healthcare industry is a joke. When government gets involved in too much they ruin it and drive costs through the roof. So thankful we don't have state run healthcare. Had Killery won our presidency I would not have had the luxury of spending my money on the finer luxuries in life.

Good luck to all my friends overseas and happy riding..........when it warms up!

2005 F4 1000S 1+1
post #6503 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 07:20 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasF4 View Post
Thumbs up for Casthlioni. Governments are corrupt! I pay around 75% tax on every money I make, and for what? Crimes has never been higher in Sweden than today. Nothing works anymore over here.
When I broke my foot I flew to Ukraine to get treatment the same day. In Sweden I had to wait forever. So first I payed for it through my taxes and then I had to pay it again(incl taxes) to get it fixed in Ukraine.
Good work Sweden.....

When I got back I read about numerous outbreaks of TBC and the measles. No, I don’t like it here anymore and we’re about to move to Australia.

What would you say is the root cause of the failures in Sweden?
I believe it used to be one of the safest places in the world to live, and that its citizens were among the happiest in the world.
post #6504 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 01:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Still trying to understand how the media have become so discredited in some people's eyes here. It's kind of sad.....and frightening. There is a real attack on the free press being fomented by certain groups.
Ed;
Do you think it is because major newscasters were caught lying and fired by their own liberal networks or was it the ones that got fired for sexual harassment ????

MSM is about ratings and editorial comment not the actual news......Walter Cronkite is dead

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 01-05-2018 at 01:41 AM.
post #6505 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 05:43 AM

I was late paying PAYE once last year.I'd been away from my physical post box and I took my eye off the ball momentarily. It's a small amount and I rang and paid as soon as I became aware of my oversight. Ever since I regularly get brown envelopes with intimidating overtones telling me that they are watching me lol FFS It was £ 200.00 and once in 20 years ...Undoubtedly a computer generated letter but scares the living bejayzuz out of me...

Moral of the tale..Do not mess with the tax man. He knows where you live and he has alot of power to change your day. Keep your profile sweet and keep a diary of required returns no matter how small the amount, they want it..

Unless you are Apple, Google or Starbucks apparently.

Joe

ps see the pic of my jotter notes this morning ; )
Attached Images

post #6506 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 06:07 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS

Here, here Joe.. HMRC have more powers than the UK Police Service. Mess with them and they can make you're life hell. or as Samuel L Jackson would say.. " Pop A Cap In Yo' Ass"

I strongly believe that one should pay what one owes under their countries Tax Rules ( no more or no less) that way we can hopefully rely on the social services when we need them. I know it doesn't always work out that way, but if we all avoided paying what we owe in taxes, then there would be nothing to run the pubic sector.

it makes my blood boil that these Multi National firms spend millions of pounds in Clever Tax Avoidance schemes to avoid their Tax liabilities, where the Working Populous just has to pay what they owe come rain or shine.

One rule for the rich and another for the poor.

gotojoe and gotojoe like this.

EMAIL :
post #6507 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 07:02 AM

I guess it is a matter of perspective.
The US has The lowest rate of upward mobility in the developed world (meaning if you are born poor you are much more likely to stay poor than all other developed countries), some of the lowest health care outcomes when the entire picture is taken into account and one of the lowest median wealths, eg the median wealth in the US 5 years ago was 60 000 US where in Aus it was closer to 300 000. In regards to health care, in Aus there is universal health care and it is cheaper than the US system per capita.....
Wages in the US have pretty much stagnated n the US since the early 80s and it has very much contributed to the US debt crisis that the new tax plan will add 1.5 trillion to over the next ten years. Trump and his mates will do very well out of it...And at the end of this experiment the US will be in more debt (possibly irreversibly so) and China will be the new world power.

Although in fairness Australian residents who missed the housing boom have crippling housing debt never seen in the US.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/36...made-permanent
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ans-ncna830946
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...axation-198580
Trump called it: Australia has better healthcare than the US
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...han_we_do.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemmac View Post
When I read comments like this I count my lucky stars and feel blessed to have been born in the US. Not being sarcastic but I can not imagine paying 75% of my income in taxes then seeing no return on my investment(robbery). I know the man is not perfect and know that there is a lot of negative shots taken at him but I can not say how happy I am that DJT is the POTUS. My taxes under the new tax plan in the US will go down 11%! I know I'm losing some other things like deducting my state property taxes but my income taxes will save me thousands. Also, the healthcare industry is a joke. When government gets involved in too much they ruin it and drive costs through the roof. So thankful we don't have state run healthcare. Had Killery won our presidency I would not have had the luxury of spending my money on the finer luxuries in life.

Good luck to all my friends overseas and happy riding..........when it warms up!

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 01-05-2018 at 07:13 AM.
post #6508 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 07:15 AM

You are absolutely right about one rule for the rich and another for the poor, JDS. But you are wrong about the public sector getting funding from taxes. It gets funding from the privately-owned central bank. It BORROWS its funding. Your taxes pay the INTEREST on the borrowings from the privately-owned Bank of England, which conjurs the lent money out of thin air, thanks to rules written by the same scumbags who say you need to pay your taxes or you are going to jail!

And where is the BOE? Its in the City of London, which is an offshore jurisdiction that is not part of England. You are paying your taxes to a private bank that isnt even in your country!

Have a look at a tax return cheque, if you can. It doesnt come from the Treasury or Tax Dept. It comes from the central bank. Did you ever wonder why tax return cheques would be being paid by a private bank and not the Government?

The bankers and politicians there in England who wrote the tax laws you think are sacrosanct, also structured the network of offshore jurisdictions for them and their mates to avoid those rules. Those taxes you say are "owed" were invented by corrupt slime-balls to meet the requirements of their cronies running those multi-national firms that make your blood boil, so they don't pay them.

And even worse, your government takes the money they borrow, from the bank THEY gave the power to create money from nothing, and squanders it on administering its own ever-growing list of rules, that it is forced to buy from the EU, that only serve to erode your quality of life and cripple your businesses. Meanwhile, despite spending exponentially more money on running itself, the government needs to continually reduce the public services that it used to be able to supply for far less money?

I believe the technical term for it is a "cluster-fuck".

No citizen should rejoice at another citizen avoiding being cluster-fucked. You should only rejoice when another cluster-fucking politician is caught for pedophilia or other heinous crime against the public that they are all deeply embroiled in.

Last edited by sonusfabiker; 01-05-2018 at 07:25 AM.
post #6509 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Since this has become a political discussion I have moved it to the appropriate thread.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6510 of 8509 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 07:45 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Still trying to understand how the media have become so discredited in some people's eyes here. It's kind of sad.....and frightening. There is a real attack on the free press being fomented by certain groups.
Some of its perceived illegitimacy and some of it is actual illegitimacy.

The internet has been a double-edged sword. While sometimes it shines a light on the failures of the media that previously been something that couldn't be disputed, simply because nobody had the means to question the big players. Now they do and now you can learn that maybe Tom Brokaw wasnt this unassailable truth teller but a guy with a job and bosses who had to turn a profit. And its only gotten worse (the having to turn a profit part) since we got 24 hour news channels just trying to fill air and keep eyeballs glued to them.

Unfortunately it also becomes a mouthpiece for garbage. Guys like Bannon who have no journalistic integrity and are in it for an agenda. Not only are they a first order problem by spreading garbage while masquerading as legitimate media but they are a second order problem in they also, for their own benefit, cast doubt on those who are actual journalist. They have to, else the journalist call into question their garbage and harm their image.

And its nothing new. Remember the "War of the Worlds" mass panic? That was the same thing. It was print media, threatened by the fact that radio could spread news faster and more effectively, throwing stones. They made it all up, there was no panic and the war of the worlds broadcast was known by anyone who listened to that station to be part of a SERIES of theater broadcasts. It would be like saying people tuning into an episode of x files were victims of a hoax.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode