Guns, Politics, and Religion. - Page 637 - MVAgusta.net
 694Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6361 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 03:21 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
I saw a speech that Obama made and he said whatever the outcome the sun will still rise tomorrow,so I suppose what he meant was you just have to live with the result and life goes on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6362 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 04:23 AM

Retracting and replacing Obamacare will be done first. Not too many are going to fight this issue, probably just how to go about it.

It sounds like the Republicans are going to put up a fight with the whole term limit thing. This is part of the whole swamp draining promise by the way. Go figure why...

He wants to pump money into the infrastructure , which would create many jobs. And by the way, bridges and utilities have been neglected and been crumbling for years. Republican Sen. McConell is pushing back on this issue. Maybe McConell should stick his head underneath a bridge sometime.

Increase oil production domestically. Which would stimulate job growth. And lessen foreign oil dependence. I think the less we need to deal with the Middle East , on any level, probably the better.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #6363 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:28 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
I

Did he win by a big enough margin...? As that may also be an issue.
Brian.. Trump didn't get more votes than Clinton.. Clinton would have won if it was simply down to actual counted vote numbers. She won the popular vote, but Trump won the more important Electoral Collage votes.

Democracy works fine if its operated fairly and both sides give sound factual information to the populous.. Unfortunately, that's never the case, so the voters never really get to know the truth and both sides use spin or scaremongering to get their point across.

So it comes down to each voter reading between the lines and making their decision on gut feeling, personal aspirations , fears, preconceptions, prejudices and not sound factual information. That's modern day democracy.

Good old fashion common sense, sound judgement in practical matters, along with some native intelligence only kicks in after the event has happened.

Trump got in by making a load of promises that people wanted to hear and where willing to hear because their loss of faith in the status quo.

Brexit is not the same as Trump's wave of inward-facing ideology...For the UK to be a global success, Brexit needs for us to be more outward looking, more engaging with our neighbouring partners and more enthusiastic on the world stage and not fear Johnny Foreigner.

Theresa has set a target for the first quarter of next year to implement Article 50 and the UK should use that time between now and then to debate the best way forward for the UK to bash out a deal with the EU, so it comes out on top with the least compromises.

What the UK doesn't need at this time is for the Leavers, who only won by a 2% margin over the Remainers to keep banging on about " Are we there yet".. We all need to come together and give the politicians time to work out the best way forward to leave the EU... Both sides whinging louder than the other-side is not going to help matters and speed the process up..

Brexit is going to happen without a doubt, but if its rushed and badly cobbled together, then the UK people could end up paying a costly price for the return of their independence sovereignty..

Good things come to those who wait!

EMAIL :

Last edited by JDS; 11-10-2016 at 05:30 AM.
post #6364 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Ellis Island Awards 1986

A mate sent me this link.. Just goes to prove that everybody has a good side somewhere inside them.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-received...award-in-1986/

Attached Images

EMAIL :
post #6365 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
It is amazingly grotesque when the masses, comprised of completely unformed,unshaped and deeply uneducated idiots, think that they act in an anti-systemic, rebelious manner.
Pusilanimous, hateful, spiteful, vindictive, unable to perform any self-criticism and characterised by the stubborness of a small mind, act against their existential fears, agonies and desparation in spasmodic ways.
A formidable and useful(while at the same time insignificant and meaningless in itself) force in the grand scheme of things but still demonically amuzing!

Oh how are you being played...
NESCA, stop relying on sound bites and snippets for your "informed opinion", otherwise some of us "deeply uneducated idiots" may take offence.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #6366 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:36 AM

I concur John 100 % .
post #6367 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
NESCA, stop relying on sound bites and snippets for your "informed opinion", otherwise some of us "deeply uneducated idiots" may take offence.
You wouldn't be able to understand a "snippet" of my thinking behind the matter in hand, in a 1000 years of yours.

Be silent.

Nes

post #6368 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 09:59 AM

What has transpired is evidently deeply divisive and now a highly charged subject.
Some of the electorate will have made their voting decision foolishly, other's will have balanced all intelligently before putting pen to paper on whichever side they voted.

Hillary won the popular vote and Donald the Electoral vote.
This has the potential to rip America apart ...So lets not do that on our forum here. Calling US citizens unintelligent is not nice .
Good healthy debate yes but not personal attacks which this could rapidly descend into.
It has happened and now lets see.
Joe
post #6369 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 11:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
You wouldn't be able to understand a "snippet" of my thinking behind the matter in hand, in a 1000 years of yours.

Be silent.
I am certain you are correct, sir.

Probably Vizzini's brother....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6TQ7ljcsjk

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Last edited by silentservice703; 11-10-2016 at 11:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #6370 of 7731 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The electoral college has determined the presidency over the popular vote before. Most recently when the Supreme Court got involved and anointed George "W" Bush over Al Gore.

Gore won the popular vote, the supreme court stopped the hotly contested Florida recount awarding that state to "W", who then had the 270 electoral college votes needed to win the election.

And you see what that got us? Iraq and middle east quagmire and a near "great depression" level recession. We've recovered from his fiscal foibles, unfortunately we may never recover from his "nation building" tribulations.

Still, the founding fathers had reasons for the electoral college in their time. Maybe that time has passed? I don't know.

I am hoping The Don will succeed in his endeavors. He certainly has promised a lot.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 11-10-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode