post #2351 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
1969!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2352 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 04:27 PM
MRT

It's bloody cold here this morning.....wish the globe would hurry up and be warm.
post #2353 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Banned

climate change predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckler View Post
I'd be more inclined to believe in future climate change predictions were they to accurately predict tomorrow's weather more than 60% of the time.
There's a difference between a trend and an event. Weather is an event. Temperature rise is a trend.

There are a billion cars on the planet. Let's say, for expediency, that they burn five gallons of gasoline per vehicle per week. So, five billion gallons of gas per week. Two hundred sixty five billion gallons per year. About 19.64 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) are produced from burning a gallon of gasoline. (About 22.38 pounds of CO2 are produced by burning a gallon of diesel fuel.)

Why do people like you think that you can burn that much of anything, throw it into the atmosphere and not screw with the planet? Explain that to me.
post #2354 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Banned

India Temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post
It's bloody cold here this morning.....wish the globe would hurry up and be warm.
Your morning temperature is a variable, an event. The more energy in a system (in this case because more energy is trapped in the atmosphere because of greenhouse gases) the more chaotic the system until the system finds a new metastable plateau.

Unfortunately, because we are adding energy to a system (Earth's ecosystem) without any kind of control, because we never experimented on another planet, we do not know where the system will stabilize. However, because there is a positive-feedback-loop involved, meaning that as the planet gets hotter we dump more energy into the system by using more energy (air conditioners), we are continually making the feedback loop worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome...er-future.html

I don't see how this is not obvious to you people. What's it like to live in such tiny brains?

Last edited by Dana Kincaid; 06-25-2014 at 07:23 PM.
post #2355 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Kincaid View Post

Why do people like you think that you can burn that much of anything, throw it into the atmosphere and not screw with the planet? Explain that to me.
Because there is no empirical evidence, not models, actual measurements, that proves burning that much of anything screws with the planet. That's why. It warms, it cools. When it's warmer it's better for humans. I'm not saying that burning fossil fuels is good for the atmosphere or the planet, I'm saying that there is no evidence that burning fossil fuels is bad for it. There are plenty of theories, plenty of discredited models, but there is no proof.

The point of the post was doomsday scenarios from global warming alarmists is nothing new. Floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornados, heat and yes even extreme cold have been blamed on so called "global warming." Sorry, "global climate change." Sorry, "global climate disruption."
post #2356 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
post #2357 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Banned

"When it's warmer it's better for humans." Humans aren't the only things on the planet; also it's not better for us if there isn't water to drink. Or too much water.
post #2358 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned

"Because there is no empirical evidence, not models, actual measurements, that proves burning that much of anything screws with the planet." Where the hell do you get your information from? My GOD.
post #2359 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
CAG

Science, Dana, science. I don't have an agenda. I'm not hysterical.

You can't prove that there is a direct relationship to burning fossil fuel and warmer weather, colder weather, more violent weather, drier weather or wetter weather.
50 years ago the exact same predictions were being made based on the same junk science. Was Moynihan right? Of course not. And alarmist are wrong today as well. Nothing has changed except the dates have been pushed out again.

What happened to Algore's predictions that in 5 years the "entire north Polar Ice cap will be gone"? He couldn't have been more wrong.

Just admit that the entire global warming hoax is an attempt to redistribute the worlds wealth and we can have an honest discussion. It's coming to that you know. The whole alarmist movement is bankrupt and becoming more hysterical daily because people aren't buying it any more. I predict that soon the alarmists will give up on the demonstrably false idea that "climate change" is an environmental threat and try and prove that it is an economic threat.
post #2360 of 7801 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 08:12 PM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Kincaid View Post
What's it like to live in such tiny brains?
I used to have a regular sized brain, but it became a burden.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode