Why I'm in mourning......(there.....I fixed it.) - Page 8 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM

The whole darn world is racist Elton. If not we wold have been homogenized a long time ago. It`s naive to think it will change in our lifetime. Any effort will only be abused by all the populace fore there personal best interest. Even the Libs.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinflux View Post
That's okay. Continue to mock me. Continue to make fun of me. Call me, "extemist" or "radical" or "angry" or "hipocryte" or "insensitive" or "unrealistic" or "a hippie" or "chinese water torture," or whatever else you can think of that makes you feel better about yourself. Do anything but acknowledge the truth. Fight like Carl did with clever retorts.

But none of that changes the fundamentally dishonest and racist nature of the "47%" lie that the right painted the left with.
You are angry....... and this is Chinese water torture to me.

Why? Because since your very first post in the Aftermath thread, you have shown a side of your complex personality that I've not known, and don't like. Knowing that you have strong Quaker beliefs, and personally respecting those beliefs, I am struggling with your anger and hatred towards so many here that have opposing views, understanding the Quaker religion as I do (admittedly not very well, but still....) I don't know a lot of Quakers, but I've got to guess that you're the most enthusiastic, angry spiker of the football amongst your fellow believers.

I'm fine with opposing views, just ask Ed. Presented in a gentlemanly fashion, as Ed has, I'm fine with reparte between friends. I have learned loads from forum members on dozens of topics in just such conversations. This is not one of those.

Unfortunately Elton, your insistent attacks, peppered with "lies", "racist", "fascist", "stupid" has served to remove you from my cadre of friends here.........THAT'S WHAT I'M SAD ABOUT.

Before your initial post.....before your insistent demeaning......before your accusations.....before your insistence upon "shaming" others views.......I considered you my friend.

Clearly, you don't care. If you did, you'd stop this. It's not that you can't comprehend what these comments are doing here, after all, intellectually you are superior to most of us....it's just that you don't give a dahamn.

You just don't care. Your ideology is more important to you than your friendships here. THAT'S WHAT I'M SAD ABOUT.

My Christian beliefs require that I turn the other cheek, that I love my enemy, etc. I'm not doing a very good job at that, and I'm angry and upset with myself over that. When I perceive that you're dumping the urine on my head, it makes me want to lash back. When I point it out, and you ignore it, I really want to lash out. That's unChristian, and I know it.........THAT'S WHAT i'M SAD ABOUT.

I have three reasons for participating here......to make friends, to have fun, and to learn a little about a mutually admired Italian motorcycle. Unfortunately for me, you no longer provide any of those motivations to me, and I'm quite sure I don't reciprocate to you.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #73 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 AM

This is why I think the Kitchen Sink thread is dumb..most importantly talking religion and politics amongst friends..its always fun with some jabs and laughs but with every little joke there is quite a bit of honesty.

I would never be against censorship but between the 2 of you and the 2 different views and 2 different post that obviously stirred up some feelings... A smart person would delete their 2 post and shake hands and go back to small jabs and jokes about something else. but again you guys are old as hell and set in your ways and BOTH like to express your views even if it is in the kitchen sink on a italian motorcycle forum.
post #74 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
"The problems in urban America can't be fixed by simply demanding that the ill-equiped, disenfranchised poor stop taking and get back to work. The problem is much more complicated than that. We all are responsible for what has happened in urban America. That's right Carl, you too. Me, Randy, Lee, Chuck...all of us. You want to blame them and cast away responsibility, but that's not going to work."

This is another area where you are wrong, Elton. I do take responsibility and I am taking action. My action is that I will teach my children to not be a drain on society, no matter what the circumstances are there is a way for them to better themselves and produce.

Their mother is a drain. My daughter, when she was 7 asked me: "Why do I have to go to school, mom doesn't work and she has money?"

She, my daughter, is now 6 months from graduating Nursing School and having a decent life of her own. I showed her, by example, that you get what you give.

Her mother will become homeless when child support ends.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #75 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Chuck,

I commend you. Knowing you as I do, I never doubted you would set a good example. I'm not surprised to read that you teach your children by example.

But what about all the kids who aren't so fortunate? The kids who aren't lucky enough to have a parent like you? They didn't choose to have a clueless crack whore for a mom. Is that just their bad luck? What of them? Are you going to insist they comport with societal norms even though they have no means by which to do so? Are they to be tossed to the trash heap because, "life isn't fair?"
post #76 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 PM

No, but their mothers should be incarcerated for child endangerment or the children should be placed in competent state care to remove the influence of poor parenthood...slippery slope, eh?

The mothers should not be rewarded with increasing benefits for every child born. There should be penalties. Stiff ones.

Gapalicious 2020 at

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #77 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:11 PM

Well, Romney and the GOP is casting all those kids to the trash heap.
post #78 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:11 PM

Elton, I am done with this thread, too.

Gapalicious 2020 at

Email/Paypal:

'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #79 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:21 PM

So Chuck what if you wasnt there to instill that into her? I think this is what Elton is getting at but with bigger words and longer post.

My son at age 8 knows the value of a dollar, he knows right and wrong, and he knows kicking screaming and crying get you know where, he knows to shake the hand of people he meets the first time, and to hold the door for ladies and the value of his mother.

on the opposite side I have friends that both have great jobs and make unbelievable money. but their kids only know what labels are, whats in style, and do not place value on anything they have because it was all a hand out.(one time their 9 yr old tried showing my son his new Polo shirt, and Ed Hardy hat, and some other expensive pants. My kid was look at my shit from Gymboree or wherever the hell Carrie bought it from and my cool ass light up shoes from wal mart) why because their parents think Range Rovers, Rinker Boats, and expensive fashion is what gets you through the grocery store line faster.(BTW I have things also but we teach about earning them) SO Elton its just not inner city that is dependant its all over society. That is why the younger nation voted Democrat because they also believe that they will be taken care of and not have to work so hard for what they have. which has been spread all over the news and analyst blah blah.

So this thread has went from some ones point of view to others agreeing or diagreeing and now looks of some friendships.. the sad part is why would either of you express such volatile opinions on a public forum that you had to obviously know was gonna go right down the toilet? That is what is really Sad.
post #80 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdamb View Post
The whole darn world is racist Elton. If not we wold have been homogenized a long time ago. It`s naive to think it will change in our lifetime. Any effort will only be abused by all the populace fore there personal best interest. Even the Libs.
Very cynical. And untrue. Not everybody votes with their pocketbook. There are people who vote with a social conscience, people who vote for what is best for society even though it may not benefit them personally.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode