• 1 Post By theknurl
  • 3 Post By Deano
  • 2 Post By Jigsaw312rr
  • 2 Post By theknurl
  • 1 Post By Arnie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down Why I don't ride with other people or their bikes....

I never ride with people I don't know and trust......on every large ride I've been on someone has crashed, usually into someone else
I never ride other people's bikes, there are some exceptions
Bikes built by Mike Haney, Eddie Crowell, the Toomey brothers, Russ Collins, Fritz Egli and Seppi Arnold
The only person I'll allow to work on my bike the above 7, supervised by me
Unsupervised by me, the last 3......I trust them with my life

Because people do shit like this.......
Attached Images

Nito likes this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 10-08-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 11:59 PM
Established Member

Nobody works on my bikes unless it's under warranty, then I go over it like a monkey looking for fleas!

"Happiness is just an illusion, caused by the temporary absence of reality"

2015 Turismo Veloce
2013 KTM1190 EDS(sold
2014 BMW R9t
2009 Honda VFR1200(sold)
2009 F4 1078 312RR(sold)
2005 Triumph Daytona 955(sold)
1970 Kawasaki 350 Mach1(sold)
1960 BSA Bantam(sold)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Established Member

Couldnít agree more.

Took my Diavel to the main dealer for its first service as its under warranty. They loosened the chain out of spec, it was slapping the swingarm on the way home from dealership. Then the oil level was wrong, I had to add 0.4L of oil.

So I paid £190 for first service but had to reset my chain and top up oil. Doesnít inspire any confidence whatsoever and that from a main dealer. I do all my other bikes myself and will be doing this from now on. To be honest it doesnít surprise me in the least, Iíve had a lot of shody experiences with garages over the years cars and bikes.

Problem is this bike has a stupid service reset indicator that is main dealer only, no aftermarket software yet afaik!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
. . . So I paid £190 for first service but had to reset my chain . . .
. . .
Same here. Paid MV service centre for service. Returned to collect bike and noted the chain looked tighter than a guitar string. Sure enough, it was. Had to show 'alleged' technician and get it rectified before I left.

Is it now wonder owners can unwittingly end up with hub problems?

By the way, Noel, how the heck did the front disc end up beside the caliper?

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:33 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post

By the way, Noel, how the heck did the front disc end up beside the caliper?
It can happen quite easily when you insert the rear wheel if the disc catches the pad and shifts it across on its pins. I did it on my Caponord once but noticed it straight away. Usually trying to balance the wheel and get chain back on sprocket etc can be awkward although it should be a lot easier on a single swinger. Letting a bike out like that is a totally different thing, how would you not test rotation and brake after re-fitting rear wheel and carry out a visual inspection.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nito For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:29 AM

New Site Garage
It will be a cold day in hell when I let a so called bike mechanic touch my bike. If I buy a new one, fuck the warranty I'll wear it!

Cheers

Deano
theknurl, dansoarr and nigelrb like this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:36 AM
Established Member

Noel doesn't have time to ride anyway with all those gorgeous women hanging off him😂
esq'z me and Arnie like this.

"Happiness is just an illusion, caused by the temporary absence of reality"

2015 Turismo Veloce
2013 KTM1190 EDS(sold
2014 BMW R9t
2009 Honda VFR1200(sold)
2009 F4 1078 312RR(sold)
2005 Triumph Daytona 955(sold)
1970 Kawasaki 350 Mach1(sold)
1960 BSA Bantam(sold)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

The only motorcycle shop I ever worked in was for F.W. Egli in Switzerland
You brought your bike in for tires......Michael the service manager removed the wheels
Seppi, the workshop boss changed the tires and balanced them, so your Mg wheels didn't get scratched
Michael remounted them, Seppi wiped them down with lacquer thinner, put his leathers on and made
some passes on the test road:Bettwiller Landstrasse, Google it
Your tires had been correctly mounted, balanced and scrubbed in by the workshop boss
NOT THE LOWEST PAID DICKHEAD IN THE SHOP AS IS NORMAL

No one was allowed to touch the balancing machine except Seppi, he started there as an apprentice
and worked his way to the top......he had workshop key #1, I had/have #2, the Alsacian maniac Jean-Paul had #3
Fritz's key didn't have a number on it......the keys also worked the pumps at the gas station when it was closed
Wouldn't have even thought about using mine at the gas station
My asshole brother, Fritz and I in front of the shop......my room was the far right window on the 2nd floor
Attached Images

JAndrewG and nigelrb like this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:18 AM

Egli

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
The only motorcycle shop I ever worked in was for F.W. Egli in Switzerland
You brought your bike in for tires......Michael the service manager removed the wheels
Seppi, the workshop boss changed the tires and balanced them, so your Mg wheels didn't get scratched
Michael remounted them, Seppi wiped them down with lacquer thinner, put his leathers on and made
some passes on the test road:Bettwiller Landstrasse, Google it
Your tires had been correctly mounted, balanced and scrubbed in by the workshop boss
NOT THE LOWEST PAID DICKHEAD IN THE SHOP AS IS NORMAL

No one was allowed to touch the balancing machine except Seppi, he started there as an apprentice
and worked his way to the top......he had workshop key #1, I had/have #2, the Alsacian maniac Jean-Paul had #3
Fritz's key didn't have a number on it......the keys also worked the pumps at the gas station when it was closed
Wouldn't have even thought about using mine at the gas station
My asshole brother, Fritz and I in front of the shop......my room was the far right window on the 2nd floor
Agree with your comments about letting others work on your bike. Had my Ducati GT750 serviced by a dealer many years ago and came back to find the amal carb hanging off. Blamed the apprentice. Also had tyres changed and returned so out of balance the vibration was dangerous.
Interested in your experience working for Fritz Egli as I have an Egli Honda 750R which I am currently rebuilding.
Attached Images

nigelrb likes this.

Steve
1972 Honda CB350 (sold), !974 Ducati GT750 (sold), 1975 Honda CB750 (sold), 1979 Egli Honda 836, 1976 Suzuki GT750 (sold), 1986 Suzuki GSXR750 (ex Eddie Kattenberg WSBK), 1993 Honda RS125, 1974 Suzuki T500, MV Agusta F4 1000 312R, Bimota YB6EI

Last edited by Arnie; 10-09-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in