Our new generation is begging for... Discord! - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
with the greatest respect, you haven't availed yourself to a lot of participation on this forum
That is probably missing "sir" somewhere. Couldn't resist.

Actually that was one of my points - there are people who just don't want to be availed to forums for many reasons, those same people can be helpful and useful but just don't see forums as the best way to communicate and share. Being active in a particular medium of communication doesn't magically make one an expert. Living beings can adapt to anything, the question is if adapting is better than adopting something new that's available...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:12 AM

A forum is only as good as its members and this forum has excellent members who are happy to help a fellow MV owner.

The members here alo are strait shooters good or bad.

I was on a Kawasaki H2 facebook site I stated that I really like my new H2 but as far as a racebike the chassis is too slight/flimsy at the rear as the chassis just has 2 single tubes going down to the swing arm and it flexes when you push the H2 hard . I was just being HONEST. You would think I pissed in there Wheeties. I wasn't bad mouthing the bike I was just being honest and caught hell from members who I believe where dreamers that didn't even own the bike . This is the down side of facebook , too many people who don't even ride having opinions .
nigelrb likes this.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
A forum is only as good as its members
That's true for forums, but what I meant to say was it's possible to reshape the landscape for the better by using the right environment that would tend itself. The example you quoted is a common trap for communities that don't have regularly appearing new participants or member rotation. The vultures are waiting for its prey to fall down.
So the idea was that Discord would bring those new people who would become the blood of the creature made of older and more skilled members. Things get moving making folks less focused on each other's affairs. It's not just a chat like IRC which has all the same problems, Discord has lots of necessary distractions and a game element to it which helps a lot.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
That is probably missing "sir" somewhere. Couldn't resist.

You can kindly go fuck yourself, Sir. Couldn't resist.
theknurl and nigelrb like this.

Nes

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:16 AM

New Site Garage
Attached Images

nigelrb and NTGmv1k like this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down Discord?

More Millennial generation bullshit .......
"Discord has lots of necessary distractions and a game element to it which helps a lot."

To do WHAT??????

You already got shot down on posting pictures.....because you have no clue

Try putting your location and the year and model of your MV in your signature or under your avatar
It makes it easier for us to help you.....

Ever seen another Forum with a Help Map section???? Forum members volunteering to retrieve you AND your MV
Or offering their facilities for you to work on your MV for free.....
It's all over the World

Here's one of my stickys......years in the making
https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/153-g...geability.html

Try and cheat a Forum member?.......The Forum members don't like that......
Ask the former MV dealer ALTO in Australia, and the former Australian Importer Paul Feeny Group.......
We raised such a stink that MVAgusta.It stepped in and fixed the problem

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:08 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
However, I believe it unfair to claim that a 'forum is no more the best ways to share information on internet' when, again with the greatest respect, you haven't availed yourself to a lot of participation on this forum.
100% agree, all the more so as the permalink associated to some specific posts on this forum are often provided as answers to questions in the other social networks

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
With the greatest respect, there's nothing easier than drag and drop a picture into the clearly labelled 'Drag Files Here To Attach' box.

Whilst we all want to preserve and promote the MV Agusta brand it's probably fair to say that any platform that pursues that objective must be seen as a positive. However, I believe it unfair to claim that a 'forum is no more the best ways to share information on internet' when, again with the greatest respect, you haven't availed yourself to a lot of participation on this forum.

Another positive point about THIS forum is that there's no thoughts lurking in the back of our minds (or my mind at least) of the well-publicised personal information theft from Facebook members: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mation-hackers
You're right i didn't post a lot here for many reason ( i'm very active already on french forum and as i said I' m on of the administrator on facebook group "mv agusta france" so i have not much time to be here, english is not my main language so it's also diffcult for me to discuss here). facebook is more quicker and easier to share picture, movie.... but it's also not perfect.

Instead of my opinion on forum ( that is not only negativ), I woulk like to thanks everyone who share their knowledge on mv agusta bike
esq'z me likes this.

1090RR 2011
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosmeri View Post
You're right i didn't post a lot here for many reason ( i'm very active already on french forum and as i said I' m on of the administrator on facebook group "mv agusta france" so i have not much time to be here, english is not my main language so it's also diffcult for me to discuss here). facebook is more quicker and easier to share picture, movie.... but it's also not perfect.

Instead of my opinion on forum ( that is not only negativ), I would like to thanks everyone who share their knowledge on mv agusta bike
Rien de mal a mettre vos idees la-bas Ecosmeri independamment de combien vous postez ici. Comme toute autre chose, certains l'aimeront et d'autres pas. Pour ma part, j'apprecie que vous pensiez assez a la facon dont vous pensez que ce forum pourrait s'ameliorer pour dire quelque chose. Le changement est necessaire et s un moment donne se produira sous une forme ou une autre. Merci d'exprimer vos pensees et ne pretez aucune attention a ceux qui vous denigrer. Desole si mon francais n'est pas si bon.
ecosmeri likes this.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 03:23 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingertight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosmeri View Post

Instead of my opinion on forum ( that is not only negativ), I would like to thanks everyone who share their knowledge on mv agusta bike
Rien de mal a mettre vos idees la-bas Ecosmeri independamment de combien vous postez ici. Comme toute autre chose, certains l'aimeront et d'autres pas. Pour ma part, j'apprecie que vous pensiez assez a la facon dont vous pensez que ce forum pourrait s'ameliorer pour dire quelque chose. Le changement est necessaire et s un moment donne se produira sous une forme ou une autre. Merci d'exprimer vos pensees et ne pretez aucune attention a ceux qui vous denigrer. Desole si mon francais n'est pas si bon.
Aha..
Hm hm..
Yes...yes...

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode