I am done. - MVAgusta.net
 200Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Exclamation I am done.

This has been a while coming and certain events of late have simply cemented things for me. Dealing with some of the S.O.S. time and again has taken its toll. The membership has changed...not necessarily for the better...and having to defend opinions against the tide of PC bullshit has taken the fun out of this.

For a while anyway, I am gone. I will pop in to check on the Gap thread and make sure that event come off as planned and without a hitch, but for now you can rely on members like @SAROY to give you good and proper advice, have you into his home for repairs, and get you the best deals possible on Fuel System parts. I am sure a guy who can't figure out the best way to break in his very own motorcycle will be of benefit to the forum. Certainly more than my tawdry advice.

Yes, @SAROY was the breaking point. After ALL of the other bullshit.

My contact info is below. If you have questions about The Gap event, or you think I might have something valuable to add to your quest for repair or parts, please don't hesitate to call/email/text or stop by. (That invitation is NOT extended to @SAROY)

I don't think I have signed off this forum in the last 10 years. Perhaps I'll forget how to sign back in.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Edward, theknurl, PTsalas and 2 others like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Al-

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
This has been a while coming and certain events of late have simply cemented things for me. Dealing with some of the S.O.S. time and again has taken its toll. The membership has changed...not necessarily for the better...and having to defend opinions against the tide of PC bullshit has taken the fun out of this.

For a while anyway, I am gone. I will pop in to check on the Gap thread and make sure that event come off as planned and without a hitch, but for now you can rely on members like @SAROY to give you good and proper advice, have you into his home for repairs, and get you the best deals possible on Fuel System parts. I am sure a guy who can't figure out the best way to break in his very own motorcycle will be of benefit to the forum. Certainly more than my tawdry advice.

Yes, @SAROY was the breaking point. After ALL of the other bullshit.

My contact info is below. If you have questions about The Gap event, or you think I might have something valuable to add to your quest for repair or parts, please don't hesitate to call/email/text or stop by. (That invitation is NOT extended to @SAROY)

I don't think I have signed off this forum in the last 10 years. Perhaps I'll forget how to sign back in.
Who is SAROY? I guess I'll just text you from now on.
post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:10 PM

New Site Garage
Saroy to annoy?

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:38 PM

New Site Garage
Seems like the past 9-12 months, this forum has attracted some new members who just suck. WTF is going on? Seriously

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:56 PM

New Site Garage
Damn I have missed something. I agree Kevin. Things have changed over the past few years and yes more so in the last months. Sadly not for the better.
theknurl likes this.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:07 PM

New Site Garage
Chuck,
I get it - I don't like it, but I get it.

This forum started well before the rise of culturally impacting Social Media platforms and the associated behaviours that they spawned. Regrettably, some of those behaviours have flowed into our global collaboration engine. This forum represents a wealth of technical, objective and subjective views collected (in the main) from a core group of which you're one of the juggernauts.

I tend to agree with Mr. Eskew on that front ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Hope it's just a little sabbatical

Tim
Edward, theknurl and Nicklemouse like this.

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Well, what an attention-grabbing dummy spit!

The contents of this thread assassinate every new member who has joined over the past 12 months:

Quote:
. . . The membership has changed...not necessarily for the better...
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
Seems like the past 9-12 months, this forum has attracted some new members who just suck. WTF is going on? Seriously
Perhaps I too am one who is shunned for my sarcasm and frequent voicing of opinion. I would expect though, if that were the case, that any person with a grievance might converse via PM rather than a public outing without any defined illustration of the grievance.

In balance though, I agree with, and have previously posted my own support:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
. . . This forum represents a wealth of technical, objective and subjective views collected (in the main) from a core group of which you're one of the juggernauts.
It is a shame, and not in the interest of MV owners or motorcycling in general, when a respected, long-standing member takes to grandstanding over such a minor issue regarding the 'running in' of a new motorcycle.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:57 AM

New Site Garage
Man, things change all the time. I'm feeling my age more every day, not necessarily physically but in the way younger people think and act. This forum is for anyone interested in MV. If a post pisses you off don't reply. Easy as that! Man asked a question that escalated beyond it's content. No offense intended to anyone.

Cheers

Deano
esq'z me, Kageira, Hawk and 5 others like this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:02 AM
Established Member

Ironically this is the last post on the running in thread ....

Quote:
Dude, let it go ....
It's the internet - get over yourself of learn to ignore
Deano, Kageira, nigelrb and 2 others like this.

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode