Welcome back!!!! Tbh the place hasn't felt the same

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:55 PM

New Site Garage
@silentservice703 I just read this thread for the first time today. Glad to see it came full circle for you Chuck. You are, in no uncertain terms, the most valuable member of this forum. Your dedication is obvious and appreciated by probably 99% of the members here. Are you harsh sometimes? Sure but that's what makes you the lovable fuzz ball that you are. Okay...maybe a lovable cue ball. I learned in my "discussions" with DaveNZ to just stop feeding the troll. Don't like what I'm saying? I'm not going to lose sleep over it and walked away from that thread because it was tiring and boring. Some people like going around in circles...I'm not one of them. I know it's easy to get into the drama...what's hard is recognizing you're in the drama and politely stepping away. It's a constant work in progress for me. Anyway, I'm glad your back. Mrs. Fingertight is coming back from DC tonight and we'll raise a glass of Scotch to you and your return.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #83 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 03:00 PM

New Site Garage
@silentservice703 for my subjective feeling you go way to deep and with that your service is not that silent. But fair is fair; your reaction is very mature.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #84 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@Maximum Velocity: Erik, your opinion matters to me....I'll probably Run Silent, Run Deep...except for where I can help technically for awhile.
Maximum Velocity and bogie like this.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #85 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 PM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
What is tongue in cheek to me may be interpreted differently by others.
I think you've hit the nail square here, Chuck. It's very difficult to convey sentiment in text on the internet.

I don't stick my head in here too often anymore, but I'm glad to see you're hanging around
post #86 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:51 AM

Well I am glad you didn't bow down to some dickhead and gave the best response only you could do. Great that you didn't go as you are irreplaceable, bet Cindy bent your ear and talked sense to you though
theknurl likes this.
post #87 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:36 AM

New Site Garage
Silent one of Service,

May I ask: are you a veteran of the USN submarine service? If so, you have my admiration. One of my best friends was a Senior Chief in a submarine for over 25 years. Another young man I know graduated from MIT with a USN scholarship, was commissioned and served on a boomer for 5 years. Both had some great stories. The Senior Chief, and I always called him that, never would reveal his mission, nor even name of his boat. He gave e me some great life advice over the years. I suspect his silence was due to some very classified assignments. We also called him "the red sub", but that nickname will remain unexplained under the sonic transparent layer forever....

cheers!
esq'z me likes this.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
post #88 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Rise n shine brothers, it's a beautiful day in the Northeast!
silentservice703 likes this.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #89 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@lucydad: Hi Greg (if I may call you that.),

Yes, I am a veteran of the Silent Service. I spent 8 years in Uncle Sam’s Canoe Club. The first two years in training from boot camp to graduating Nuclear Power School and then specializing in water chemistry control and radiological control. The next two years were spent teaching a range of subjects from how to diagnose and rebuild any mechanical part in an operating Nuclear Power Plant to Thermodynamics and Fluid Flow along with how Radiation and the atomic world work with a healthy smattering of Nuclear Water Chemistry Control.

After that four years of Submarine Seervice ensued on two 688 class Fast Attack submarines: the USS Boston (SSN703) and the USS Philadelphia (SSN690).

After my Navy Education, I moved to the Northeast to a career in commercial Nuclear Power. I started as a Radiation Protection Technican, moved in to Operations as an equipment operator, got my license as a Control Room Operator and then moved up to Senior Reactor Operator where I was in charge of a crew responsible for the daily and emergency operation of Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.

I am now retired with a bit of a walking disability.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #90 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 05:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Hello Chuck.
I gather you and Cindy aware of the docudrama Chernobyl currently being released by HBO.
You should find it if you haven't already, it's bloody impressive.
Ciao,
Dave.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode