I am done. - Page 7 - MVAgusta.net
 213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
I'm pretty sure Elton came back with a different name but was quickly caught.
Wonder what happened to the guy with user names GOD, Ben Bernake, and a few others. Dude was hilarious.
I've just been texting with Elton seconds ago! He says hi to everyone and to keep in touch. He truly enjoyed his time on the forum and would be thrilled to be invited back. In the spirit of MV old and new I think it would be great.

@alvin @silentservice703 @Randarosa @CAG @anothermvfanatic @iamlance @esq'z me @R1andrew @Ian SAVS @mitchy @italia @J_Spec @john @agusta01 @theknurl @Maximum Velocity @ARAMIS @Deano @MV Arthur @MVBERT @drmasis @Ryan Stewart @cruiser @number2 @timpants @fasduc @rsawkins @Skydvr @EVO Chris @agusta01 @style_one @ironbar @JSM @Rob Caso @kevjayney @TokyoLunch @hb88xx ...
Maximum Velocity and drmasis like this.

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s
Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Search is all very well when the subject is identified by a key word related to the topic. There are some pretty obscure thread titles on here holding a lot of good info impossible to find unless you stumble upon it. Search can be a nightmare, it's not categorized and the headings usually bear no or an obscure resemblance to the topic. I've spent hours trolling through looking for stuff I know is there but is impossible to trace.
Sometimes it's easier to ask the question again.

Cheers

Deano
The other big challenge is it might not even be the original subject of the thread. I havent noticed it as much on here but I havent dug deep but in the car forum I use for maintaining the BMW halfway through a thread a tangential topic can start that might have some really useful information. Like its a battery thread and one guy starts up about how there is a newer model regulator and it might help with chronic battery issues. Had i not starred that thread I wouldnt have been able to find it ages later when that info was relevant, my only other option would be been to start another thread titled "Hey in a battery thread a guy mentioned a newer regulator, anyone know what he was talking about?"

Not to mention its not like this is the most busy forum on the planet (in the F1 first gen forum youll find threads on the first page with the most recent post of 4-19) so its not like a few repeats is going to bury threads 4 pages in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:11 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Come on guys, you can search by title or, the subject in any post.....
The choice is yours
Attached Images

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 05-13-2019 at 04:14 AM.
post #64 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post

In wanting to perform a search, they will be drawn to the 'Google' search box rather than the one we all know is in the tools drop down menu. Result? Frig all relevant info.
TIL that there is actually a useful search button other than the google one! Case in point, I guess lol.

In saying that, I have learned to use the google one to get relevant results from within the forum
cruiser and theknurl like this.

Kag

post #65 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:53 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Come on guys, you can search by title or, the subject in any post.....
The choice is yours

Noel,

Regardless of how you search there is still a lot unrelated thread titles to trawl through, sometimes hundreds of pages. By it's very nature, a public forum, information is going to be all over the shop. Impossible to categorize unless there is an anal regulator willing to spend the rest of his life trying to organize it. I can't be arsed to pick out an example but most titles bear no resemblance to content.

I can use a computer and know how to search, and I do. But when I don't find the relevant info. in a reasonable time I'll ask the question (again!).

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #66 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
I've just been texting with Elton seconds ago! He says hi to everyone and to keep in touch. He truly enjoyed his time on the forum and would be thrilled to be invited back. In the spirit of MV old and new I think it would be great.

@alvin @silentservice703 @Randarosa @CAG @anothermvfanatic @iamlance @esq'z me @R1andrew @Ian SAVS @mitchy @italia @J_Spec @john @agusta01 @theknurl @Maximum Velocity @ARAMIS @Deano @MV Arthur @MVBERT @drmasis @Ryan Stewart @cruiser @number2 @timpants @fasduc @rsawkins @Skydvr @EVO Chris @agusta01 @style_one @ironbar @JSM @Rob Caso @kevjayney @TokyoLunch @hb88xx ...
I'm not exactly sure of the reason Elton got the boot (hopefully not for his political views), but I met him on the road trip down to my first Bubba with ChucK, Cin and Ade on a diversion through the woods to pick up his bike from his mother's, if memory serves me. I thought he was a nice man then, who never rubbed me the wrong way.
Edward likes this.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #67 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:24 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmasis View Post
I'm not exactly sure of the reason Elton got the boot (hopefully not for his political views), but I met him on the road trip down to my first Bubba with ChucK, Cin and Ade on a diversion through the woods to pick up his bike from his mother's, if memory serves me. I thought he was a nice man then, who never rubbed me the wrong way.
Elton got into a very vitriolic mind set, and began insulting and berating people and posting inflammatory rhetoric in threads all over the forum (not just in the Guns, Politics, Religion spot).

He was counseled to desist and given a temporary suspension to cool off, but did not. Much discussion among moderators and admins resulted in a decision to ban him.

It was a difficult decision and resulted in a lot of cries of "freedom of speech" and "censorship". Some long standing members withdrew from the forum in protest.

Still, it was the correct decision. I also like Elton, and keep up with him in social media. But he crossed a line and wouldn't back down.

There have not been many people banned from the forum. When it happens there is generally a good reason, mostly having to do with decorum and manners.....or spam !!!
theknurl likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #68 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:25 AM

New Site Garage
I think it was because he was like DaveNZ. He is 100% right on his views. If you disagreed with him, you are 100% wrong and called names.

I know it is a open forum, but it is a MV forum first and foremost. If a member has nothing MV related and only post as what I would call trolling. Then they do not need to be here. Now this is just my opinion. When Alvin had the site, and yes I know it was a smaller group. It was his sandbox that you were playing in and you played by his rules.
theknurl likes this.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
post #69 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:54 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
I think it was because he was like DaveNZ. He is 100% right on his views. If you disagreed with him, you are 100% wrong and called names.
Anything goes in the GPR thread....but you are still expected to be relatively civil.....

It's a fine line to tread.
drmasis likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #70 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:08 AM

New Site Garage
I agree.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode