I am done. - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net
 215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:05 PM

New Site Garage
Search is all very well when the subject is identified by a key word related to the topic. There are some pretty obscure thread titles on here holding a lot of good info impossible to find unless you stumble upon it. Search can be a nightmare, it's not categorized and the headings usually bear no or an obscure resemblance to the topic. I've spent hours trolling through looking for stuff I know is there but is impossible to trace.
Sometimes it's easier to ask the question again.

Cheers

Deano
MVBERT, SAROY and Ben D like this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:32 PM

I'm a bit surprised with this reaction because I would never leave this forum. Never was the most active member and after some breaks always came back for some reading or opinion and it's the only bike forum I'm in.
Every time caught new members with the occasional hub problem or the exhaust valve error and never minded to reply because that means MV was getting new fans and also the forum that some nice people founded for our pleasure was still alive.
People don't take things so seriously and personally because most of the members around here are really friendly and helpful
esq'z me, MVBERT, Deano and 5 others like this.
post #33 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:11 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockit View Post
As a newer member and someone looking for a MV I'll tell you using the search function is absolutely necessary all the time before posting or when researching. I have been on forums for a while with cars etc and was on one of the biggest/best for 4x4 knowledge and if you didn't use search function you'd be ripped apart. It kept the forum clear of repetitive bullshit and full of threads that were a wealth of knowledge. I'm 29 so I qualify as the newer gen and it takes 15 fucking seconds to use the search function.
That was not exactly the point that I was making. Of course you shold use the search. I do it myself all the time and indeed we don't need another RG3 thread.

The point is if someone did not exactly do that it is not necessary to ridiculize the person in question. Why put people down if they don't do what you want? No matter what happens on a 4x4 forum. We don't have to take that as a reference.
Fredzedex, nigelrb, paulo. and 1 others like this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #34 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:37 AM

New Site Garage
I for one would love to see, and recommend holding out the fabled Olive Branch. Forums, and internet communication have a huge limitation: that is, the human interaction gets attenuated. No facial expression, no nuance comes with the interactions on posts. Hence, often, easily: people are misunderstood. And, often, easily: people over-react and get angry and type things they would never say face to face.

I have also left two motorcycle forums in my years of riding. One was full of youngish Houston riders that were frankly very rude at times. Yet... one of the members gave me superb tips on how to safely ride Houston freeways. Another Moto Guzzi forum, was excellent in so many ways. Yet, a moderator decided he did not like me because I did not ride to a camp out clear across TEXAS at the same time my mother was in grave health situation. So, he went on the attack, with cohorts, and I left.
I found another, less political Moto Guzzi forum.

Search functions are excellent, but can be very vague, especially to a new owner, or new member. Asking the right question can be difficult.

I absolutely appreciate the technical experts on any forum, and those willing to guide. One of the reasons I pulled the trigger buying my first MV last August: positive guidance from forum members here.

YMMV, EOM. Keep calm, Carry On.
drmasis, esq'z me, MVBERT and 2 others like this.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
post #35 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:33 PM

Chuck

Pants up, don't loot.
post #36 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:03 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down ?

The problem on all Forums is people are TOO lazy or stupid.......

"user CP" just Google it, then go to YouTube

Using "Advanced Search" you can search "Titles" or "In all Posts" ......That fixes not having a good title or knowing the title

How about trying to get people to add their location so we can help them? It should be a requirement for registration on the Forum

Putting things in the For Sale Section without a price.....Read the fucking rules

Or the best one, not including the year and model, when asking for technical help

Here's my sticky on "Why you need a tapered 55mm socket "
It's turned into 9 pages of lunacy.......look at post #2......right after I said where the sockets come from
https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/153-g...ml#post2466018

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #37 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:23 AM

Its comments like this that take the moral high ground 'how are we suppose to help them' that piss people, wake up.... you don't have to respond to the post, you can choose to not reply if this bothers you so much, someone else will with respect.
Let you into a secret your attitude and chucks are specifically the reason so many longer term members left.
john likes this.
post #38 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:26 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01 View Post
Its comments like this that take the moral high ground 'how are we suppose to help them' that piss people, wake up.... you don't have to respond to the post, you can choose to not reply if this bothers you so much, someone else will with respect.
Let you into a secret your attitude and chucks are specifically the reason so many longer term members left.
agree 100%
(no further comments for this thread even though the person who started it darkened my name, without even a private message, people need to realise they do not own public forums or lay down the rules of what you can post or indeed what you cannot post (within reason). If you do not like my thread on running in a new engine, or the photo's of my new Pirelli dragster, then simply do not open the thread).
that said, I am done with this sympathy thread.
Kageira and paulo. like this.

Does anyone in UK have a set of RG3 exhausts for a 2006 F4 1000R (for sale).

Last edited by SAROY; 05-12-2019 at 02:46 AM.
post #39 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:57 AM
I 'left' the forum 7 or 8 years ago for a variety of reasons, the main one being I no longer owned an MV and the information that I possessed regarding the early 1st generation models was well documented anyway. I didn't even look at this forum for 6 or 7 years as I was busy doing other things basically. Life goes on as it were. Many of the people who regard themselves as the 'old guard' here were all newbies once, even me! I personally think its good to get fresh blood in any set up, forum whatever.

I came back because, at the time, a year or so back, I was looking at the possibility of buying another MV and knowing what a knowlegable bunch there are here , it was the obvious place to look for guidance. In the process I've inadvertently made some good new friends, Nigel being one of them and also several others.

I've been around here longer than most (on and off of course) but now I drop in to check mainly on how old friends and acquaintances are doing and of course whats new in the world of MV Agusta. As many of you know I have another Italian steed in the garage (What garage is that John?), so I spend far more time on the Aprilia forums than I do here for fairly obvious reasons.

I'm sorry Chuck feels the need to take a break, but frankly, that's more or less what I did and looking back I think it was the right thing to do . 20 odd thousand posts in 11 years?, that's an average of 5 a day, 365 days a year including Thanksgiving and Christmas etc! These forums can take over your life if you're not careful, in the first few years of mvagusta.net's existence I was on here all the time too.

Sorry mate,but I think you do need a break and as others have commented, come back at some point refreshed and perhaps with a slightly different outlook. As I said on Saroy's running in thread, we all have to agree to disagree sometimes.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 05-12-2019 at 05:58 AM.
post #40 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:54 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Thumbs up Welcome back Roy/James bond/18 other banned screen names

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAROY View Post
agree 100%
(no further comments for this thread even though the person who started it darkened my name,.

Well this makes me really laugh out loud. A lot of the newer members donít know who you are Roy, they donít know youíve had over 18 screen names banned and that you were the biggest douche bag troll of the whole forum for years.
And lo and behold your return has once again started a controversy and caused more members to leave, so glad to see you back you turd sniffing wanker.
esq'z me, theknurl and Amplific like this.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.

03 F4750SR
07 F41000R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode