I am done. - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:18 AM

Sorry to see you're taking a break but glad the gap event will still be happening. Enjoy the time off and put some miles on the Corvette while you're at it.

2011 Brutale 1090RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Sorry to see you're taking a break but glad the gap event will still be happening. Enjoy the time off and put some miles on the Corvette while you're at it.
And may I add; thank you very much silentservice703 for the advice and help over the years.
Deano and Smoker like this.

F4 750 1+1 2000 model
post #23 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:56 AM

This forum probably lost one of it's (if not THE) most valuable contributors.
esq'z me likes this.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #24 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Arthur View Post
This forum probably lost one of it's (if not THE) most valuable contributors.

As much as I agree with your statement, maybe its time he takes a break?

I had one thread looking for exhaust info where he came back 2 or 3 times where he kinda came off quite stern telling me to search (and I had) and basically what I was doing to my bike was shit. And honestly that's fine, everybody has an opinion and that's what were all here for, opinions and info. But when someone comes back to a thread 2+ times to "voice" their opinion in an albeit negative manner you have to look at it and say, "what exactly is he trying to accomplish here".

He truly is a wealth of info, he will be missed im sure, but there's nothing wrong with taking a break and coming back fresh. And I hope he does, because when I search I see a lot of him and his wisdom in this forum.

I say cheers!
Cheers to his refreshed return at his leisure.
SAROY likes this.

2014 Ducati Superleggera #308
2007 Mv Agusta F4 Senna #xxx
Looking for a Specific Aprilia 3rd bike

And lots of other fast stuff.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
As much as I agree with your statement, maybe its time he takes a break?
Not my choice nor will I opine if/how it's good and bad for the forum. Just stating a fact.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #26 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:52 PM

New Site Garage
This can become an interesting thread... a bunch of drama all over.

I really do like Chuck and his positive contributions, but I don't get this sense of wanting to control everything. Who the fuck cares if the almighty search is not used. What is this constant urge to impose an opinion, acting or even feeling elevated (and that is something that the older generation of this forum suffer from). Seems very neurotic to me. And then not accepting if someone simply does not agree. If nothing else is bad happens in a thread, just skip it.

And this constant complaining about the newer 'generation' I don't get that either. Maybe I am too stupid to see it. And with that there quite a few newer members that I do like. As older members too btw. This categorizing does not help the forum either.

This stuff is exhausting. This attention seeking drama queen leaving the building as well. And yes... that is my opnion. And no... I don't mind if someone disagrees.
ARAMIS, lucydad, Kageira and 7 others like this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #27 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageira View Post
Use the search function and find out yourself!

Now that is funny

Most devices for accessing t’internet have an off button. Just sayin........

Fred
post #28 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
This can become an interesting thread... a bunch of drama all over.
Who the fuck cares if the almighty search is not used.
As a newer member and someone looking for a MV I'll tell you using the search function is absolutely necessary all the time before posting or when researching. I have been on forums for a while with cars etc and was on one of the biggest/best for 4x4 knowledge and if you didn't use search function you'd be ripped apart. It kept the forum clear of repetitive bullshit and full of threads that were a wealth of knowledge. I'm 29 so I qualify as the newer gen and it takes 15 fucking seconds to use the search function.
esq'z me, Kageira and SAROY like this.

CEO of Sprokit LLC

2004 Ducati Monster 1000sie- Naked
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R- track
post #29 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockit View Post
As a newer member and someone looking for a MV I'll tell you using the search function is absolutely necessary all the time before posting or when researching. . .
Agree in part, @Sprockit .

There is one massive exception to this and that is that many owners taking on a new bike are 'returning' to the fold after family/retirement etc (well documented on this forum) and seek to join a forum to not only share their joy of new ownership, but also to learn about the bike and join a like-minded community.

In doing so, many might not have had any exposure to forums and their many different operating platforms. It's no response to say that everyone can use a computer because a Word or Excel ace might be lost on a forum platform. So, they'll fight to find an 'introduction' thread, have no idea how to post location and/or profile, (and ultimately be shot down for it) and many would not even know what a 'User CP' is. In wanting to perform a search, they will be drawn to the 'Google' search box rather than the one we all know is in the tools drop down menu. Result? Frig all relevant info.

What I am leading to is that a certain level of tolerance MUST be afforded to new members. I struggled when I joined, and that was after a lengthy time on a Honda forum - but with a different operating platform. Sure, there are the 'what is the best oil/tyres' questions that WILL be monotonous to the frequent posters, but despite the 'Read the Forum Rules First' availed to us when we join, we are too eager to jump in and either say our piece or ask a question.

I think 'tolerance' is the key here, and perhaps the manner by which some points/requests are put across might be softened somewhat.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #30 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:42 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
So, they'll fight to find an 'introduction' thread, have no idea how to post location and/or profile, (and ultimately be shot down for it) and many would not even know what a 'User CP' is. In wanting to perform a search, they will be drawn to the 'Google' search box rather than the one we all know is in the tools drop down menu. Result? Frig all relevant info.
Thats actually hitting the nail on the head kind of comment.
+1 !!

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Black_Gold_Saw For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode