Old Hands on deck - Page 6 - MVAgusta.net
 109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:32 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Get off my bike mister New here myself and hope to be around for a long time. Having to wait for October delivery is hell. Lots of good info on here in the mean time.
LOL - Well it was such a nice fit @Irish.

Interesting ergonomics in case anyone is interested - I'm 5'9" (stocky build). It feels more like an aggressive 2018 800. You are pushed closer to the tank and the seat feels like it locks you in a little more. Not as roomy as Gen1/Gen2 B4's. Like the B3, you feel you sitting slightly higher on the bike and less 'in' the bike. The thing that struck me the most was the lack of the cone/dash in front of you, you feel far more open and exposed...BRUTALE !

Cheers
Attached Images

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:34 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
I was wondering how many of the members who joined here in the early days of the forum are still active?

I know there are many:

Ed, Randy, Chuck, JDS, Erik, Joe,, Noel, Donsy to name just a few, but I recall a lot of guys who were posting back then (2005/6/7) who I don't see here now. We all know that sadly there are a few who have passed away. Lee whom this section of the forum is named after for one, Ian (macmivvi) too, but what about some of the others? Possibly like me, they no longer own an MV.

I've listed a few names I remember, I hope they are well and perhaps they do look in here from time to time as I do but not as often as in the past.

Rockethouse
Kamranmarashi
Reopropf
Tokyolunch
tont
Pigiolino
agusta01
dova80
There are many more, Tiago (MV-999R) I think is still posting from time to time.

If you are an old hand check in and let us know how you are.
nice post John,
adding to that list;
Stephen Wood
Mikef4uk
Nice n Sleazy
a lot of UK members have left this forum which is a shame, even Alvin only pops his head in now and again,
I read a lot, of threads complaining of "new members" then look at the date these guys complaining joined, some of them long term guys were actually "newbies" themselves once
I remember the original mvagustaf4.com forum and when that forum went down, Alvin came up with this one
some take 4 or 5 years away from biking, whether due to family, injury, business or what ever but they always have that itch to return.
just a shame when they do return they are considered "Newbies", I myself am happy to be a newbie, as long as YOUNG in front of it, as its been a long time since someone called me young.
john likes this.

Presently looking for an F4 to join collection, ideally a F4 1078
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Hey John

Good thread you Silly Old Sod.

I'd post on here more often if this forum wouldn't keep F**king me over with my log in password. A couple of months ago, something happened with the forum's log-in system and every time I tried to log onto the forum the computer said "No !".

The problem is still happening to date and I had to go through the malarkey of having to request a new password to post on John's thread.

I don't mind doing it a few times, as there's a good bunch of blokes on here and some threads are informative, but after having to request a new password to log onto the forum a million times, I think to myself... Bol**ks

Anyway, enough bitching.

I miss the old crew and political sparring we used to have and I suppose you can't stop change.. I blame social media for making the World an over sensitive bunch of snow flakes.

Just want to wish the Old & The New Clan a Happy Christmas and a peaceful 2019.

Take care everyone and hugs & kisses to you all.

J
JDS

You mean you dont use the "Advanced Search" to find your password

how you doing fella, haven't had a message from you in a while, thats me fully retired now, you need to get back to this forum, I get called YOUNG here, aswell as a pile of other things

Presently looking for an F4 to join collection, ideally a F4 1078
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SAROY; 05-10-2019 at 11:45 PM.
post #54 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:03 AM

Same B4 since joining back June 08.

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
Special thanks to forum member Donsy
post #55 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:26 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAROY View Post
JDS

You mean you dont use the "Advanced Search" to find your password

how you doing fella, haven't had a message from you in a while, thats me fully retired now, you need to get back to this forum, I get called YOUNG here, aswell as a pile of other things
Which means that you are one of the older members that can't find your login or password either?

And calling you young would be an exageration on itself. And no I did not use the search to find that out. There is more than search on this forum. You can actually look on someone profile
SAROY likes this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #56 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAROY View Post
nice post John,
adding to that list;
Stephen Wood
Mikef4uk
Nice n Sleazy
a lot of UK members have left this forum which is a shame, even Alvin only pops his head in now and again,
I read a lot, of threads complaining of "new members" then look at the date these guys complaining joined, some of them long term guys were actually "newbies" themselves once
Mike (f4uk) is a regular on the 'Priller AF1 forum, he went over to the dark side several years ago and has a nice little 'collection' including a Tuono V4 Factory, a Yamaha R1M and he recently acquired a Kawasaki H2 triple.

I thought Stephen did drop in here from time to time (a bit like me) but perhaps I've got that wrong?
SAROY likes this.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #57 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:29 AM

I still here
john, esq'z me and cherche like this.
post #58 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:52 AM

New Site Garage
I'm a newbie I guess with being here 7 years.

My account got wiped due to inactivity. I'm back in love with riding the MV mainly because I don't have to ride an hour an a half each way to ride her.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
esq'z me and nigelrb like this.
post #59 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
On from the beginning on Greenspun before that....
john likes this.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #60 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
@alvin: Get yourself to gapalicious this year!
+1

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode