home - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Red face home

Well gather around children, story to tell.....

So all began in JAN/FEB. We started looking/thinking to sell our house & find somewhere different to our area.

We decided "Williamstown" would be a nice place. Great schools, beach, very different lifestyle and still close to work.
So found the house, now time to put ours on the market.

Now what to do with the bikes. Didn't want to leave at house during inspection time.
Soooooo the F4 & Brutale go to my mechanic's workshop (done this many times when away on holidays)
Classic is at another getting a clean up. So great, all safe and away from people during inspection time.

Sold the house (60 day settlement) All good. Move into new house in April. By the time we unpack and throw out all the rubbish in the garage, I can bring in the bikes.

So about a month ago I am trying to ring my mechanic, so I can organise pick up. NO ANSWER. Ok well could be on leave/sick. And the other guy not taking messages.

After a week finally get in touch with him, "haven't been well". But yes come next week to pick up the bikes.
OK ring again to organise time/date. NO ANSWER.
Keep trying all week NO ANSWER. So pay a visit to workshop. Shop closed. Look through the window, bikes still there.
OK ring again on Monday.
Finally get an answer and we organise a time. I turn up, he doesn't. Keep ringing.
Still NO ANSWER. So I go and pay a visit to the other mechanic (who has my classic & who used to work with him)
First thing he says "So did you hear what happened to your mechanic??"

"Didn't pay the rent, so the landlord has locked him out, no one can find him. Owns money, a lot of the bikes in the workshop are in pieces 1/2 finished. And the other mechanic cannot get in as he wasn't on the lease.

So next day go back to workshop, bikes still there. OK not taken. By chance the other mechanic turns up to pick up mail.
Telling me how he has lost everything. Thanks to him he gave me the contact number of the landlord. But landlord is overseas, so no one can get access until landlord returns from overseas.

After 2 weeks of messages, finally able to get landlord then his solicitor. Leave work at 11am, go home make copies of ownership of bikes. To the police station to make a Stat Dec.
Then race into town. 1pm meet up with solicitor. They are explaining to me how there is so much parts in the workshop with no ID. So unless you can prove it yours its not leaving the workshop.

So after we both sign that I own the bikes & no monies are involved, they ring the landlord. Pick up at 5pm today.
So ring Russ "HELP" need to put them on the trailer.
Thanks to Russ, he was able to meet me at the workshop.
The landlord & I check/sign the documents. They wheel it out for me. (still had them on the charger)
As the bikes are put on the trailer, other people from other workshops tell me how lucky I am to still have the bikes in one piece!! And you owe no money as some people do.

So by 8pm that night they made it to their new home.
I have known this mechanic for over 10 years. Never an issue. Bikes always serviced on time. Bikes worked fine.
So where this came from, I don't know. Now I am hearing all the stories

So today take the F4 for a short ride. All good. Back home. Wheel the bike out again..... Drop it!!!!! break the clutch lever. NEVER have I dropped an MV. Other bikes yes. And a couple of small scratches (I can live with)
But to drop the bike after waiting all this time. Now have to find a part for it. POSTED ON WANTED SECTION.
Cannot believe it, after hearing all the stories about what is happening to other people bikes at the workshop and seeing how lucky I was, I do this to myself. So now for a couple of glasses of wine and contemplate how lucky I still am, overall. Minor compared to what could have been.

So that ends my story children - but if you have a clutch lever - let me know!
Cheers
dino
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ddmv; 06-17-2017 at 05:26 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:00 AM

New Site Garage
Lucky you still got them.
The repair you have to do now is just minor.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 10:03 AM

WOW what a story. Good to hear you got them back
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 06:48 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Horror story Dino.So glad you got the bikes back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 08:41 PM

'kin ell !

You were probably slightly distracted by all the forore, which is perfectly understandable "

Maybe get an aftermarket set of levers to use until your new one arrives. Always handy as spares !

If you need a clutch lever I have a nice one here I can post you. Just send it or the new one back when you have it.

Be a tad easier if you could get one in Australia tho !

Glad you got your bikes back !

Joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 06-17-2017 at 08:46 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all.
Yes very lucky....

Have placed an order for a set of levers, use them until fix or find another pair.

cheers

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:47 AM
cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmv View Post
Thanks all.
Yes very lucky....

Have placed an order for a set of levers, use them until fix or find another pair.

cheers
I can post you a clutch lever off one of mine to use temporarily if you want Deano, glad your little bedtime story had a happy ending (sort of).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all for your offer, but i will wait for the parts to arrive.
Don't want anything to happen to them, if something did happen.....

cheers

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:16 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Dino, do you still need a clutch lever?

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Dino, do you still need a clutch lever?
Yes i am. Have ordered a different style from ebay for the short term, but i am still looking for a replacement for sale.

cheers
dino

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode