MV Agusta Forum banner

F4CC in Vancouver BC

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  03terminator 
#1 · (Edited)
At the Vancouver Harley dealer. They have a very good motorcycle museum with mostly British and early historic bikes. They recently got an F4CC. Entry by charitable donation if your in town. I had a lousy camera. Ironic, MV Agusta not allowed in Canada (street).

See less See more
#3 ·
All MV Agustas are not street legal in Canada as they were never sold here new. They must be approved by Transport Canada to get on an import list. It is clear, they are too dangerous and the public must be protected from such indulgences. Someone at MV Agusta USA told me a few years ago that it was something to do with the lighting not meeting Canadian standards. Maybe lack of front and rear side reflectors:rant: I dunno, Mv Agusta is working on it, they say.

To see an F4CC in Canada is like seeing a wild Polar Bear in Australia.

#5 ·
Theres a little more than just that, having no dealer support is another factor. but mv has to give then two bikes for crash test and it seens its a very small market for then. Now that harley owns then the might be able to come under there unbrella.

#8 ·
That isn't entirely true for a vehicle sold in the US at the retail level. I discussed this with a contact at Transport Canada a few years ago. It is a voluntary "honour" system, the manufacturing company only needs to submit notification that the bike does meet the standards and has been tested IE for the US market or WHY. It is very easy to do if the bike already meets US standards as the Canadian ones are very very similar. Basically, if the bike has been tested it does not need to be retested in Canada. That is why many bikes meet the standards but are not on the list because the manufacturer has not bothered to submit anything. There is no real incentive for them.

If anyone can get a letter from the manufacturer to Transport Canada acknowledging that the bike meets the Transport Canada specs, it would be allowed in. I know the F4 needs side reflectors and they could note that side reflectors to be added to meet specs.

IMHO, they don't care about the used or secondary market and would rather set up a new bike market without the competition from used MV's in that geography. However, having a used market adds to exposure and servicing for a new dealer network.

The Canadian Harley distributor said "It'll be a few years before they here" but that song has been going on for years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.