Duhamel to race MotoGP... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Duhamel to race MotoGP...

...Well, at Laguna anyway, driving Elias' machine. They tried to call me first, but I was busy on the crapper and missed the call, damn.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jul/070703b1.htm

One more really good reason NOT to miss this race.

See you there, turn 4 Suites, free beer to all .net members who stop by to say hello to me and Netizen...

Griff
twoeleven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Established Member

Thats cool...A Canadian transplant riding in the GP....

DAMN good idea with the free beers at Turn 4 suites to all members.... I am in the Turn 2 suites... so i will also extend the same offer...Maybe if a few other members chime in on this one, we can have "strategic beer refilling points" all over the track....
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 01:37 AM

Duhamel has lots of experience at Laguna, so hopefully he does well.

2007 MV Agusta Corse 007/USA
2002 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike)
1997 Kawasaki ZX7R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 07:49 AM

wait.
it didnt say that he was gonna race, it said they asked him and he said yes.
Now, i love Mr. Daytona (and his smokin hot wife), but lets be honest, people are investing thier money in young whipper snappers now adays.
They are getting the last old toads off to make room for these new models.
(See Gary McCoy, fast as a blink, but cant get a ride)
I hate to say it, but i am getting old now :-(

Italian outfit, Rubber, heat, grunting, and you fill the open hole for more?? What's not to love??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 12:51 PM

if he gets the ride itll be a disgrace he not good enough!!!! hodgson or ellison should get the rise has they have more experience of mgp racing!!!! duhamel my arse!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 02:26 PM

And what about Spies (who fits the age profile they're looking for...and has the talent to go) or Mladin (who has won more AMA championships than anyone) and is still only 35 or so? Duhamel is a good guy and probably the best liked guy in the paddock but he's never even won a Superbike Championship and I certainly don't understand the reach into the geriatrics section for a racer (I'm older than him so I'm allowed to say stuff like that).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Remember that it is Honda offering this to him. Duhamel has been with Honda for over a decade now. Maybe this is their way of thanking him before he retires. We all know there are younger and faster riders than him, but lets face it, politics are involved in every aspect of our lives.

2007 MV Agusta Corse 007/USA
2002 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike)
1997 Kawasaki ZX7R
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toves33
Remember that it is Honda offering this to him. Duhamel has been with Honda for over a decade now. Maybe this is their way of thanking him before he retires. We all know there are younger and faster riders than him, but lets face it, politics are involved in every aspect of our lives.
Ummmm...good point...forgot we are talking Honda here. I guess they don't have anyone else who would be better...except they probably forgot about a young guy name Toseland in World Superbike. Like, you said, it's probably a reward for Miguel being a stand up Honda guy for so long.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilboy
if he gets the ride itll be a disgrace he not good enough!!!! hodgson or ellison should get the rise has they have more experience of mgp racing!!!! duhamel my arse!!!
Ahh, I'm not sure if you are aware, but DuHamel beat the pants off of Hodgson on a regular basis. Ellison isn't on a top level bike so I won't make comparisons, but put them on equal bikes and I wouldn't bet against DuHamel.

DuHamel is one of the best motorcycle roadracers in the world. I might be persuaded to believe "was" instead of "is", but it would take some doing. If you watch what he does in person, up close, to get that Honda to go fast, you might agree.

I think it would be just as appropriate to give the ride to Zemke or even Josh Hayes though.

I think it's entirely possible that DuHamel will put in an eye opening ride on that bike.

'01 F4S
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
The one thing that I am sure of about Laguna Seca, other than it is going to be hotter than a $10.00 Rolex up there, is that it takes knowing that track to go fast. Look, I don't think he's going to win, but when it comes to the number of times that Miguel has circled that track, I don't think Honda has anyone even close. Ya, youth would have been an option with Zemke or Hayes, but Honda is a conservative company, relatively, and age plus experience is the safer bet over youth and treachory at Laguna.

All I was saying is that I think it will be sweet to see him mixing it up out there.

Griff
twoeleven

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode