AMA ROAD AMERICA Attendees? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

AMA ROAD AMERICA Attendees?

My wife and I are finally making it up to Road America this weekend for the AMA races. In the car and not the bike... which isn't ideal but at least I don't have to hear all day how she had to sit on the gas tank for 200 miles. Curious if there's any other listers going to be there, and where the best spectating spots might be??- my first time there.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 10:23 AM

Road America is a great track, but not the greatest for spectating in that you can't see a lot of the track at one time. However, there are some great spots all around the track. T5 is very popular. If you come through the main gate and likley the new tunnel T5 will be on your right as you exit the tunel. From the T5 hill you can see T5, entry of T6, and T14 as the run up the hill to start/finish.

However, there are some great places to see other action that you should check out while you're there. Start/finish is great to see the bikes just flying by. T1 is okay on the outside, T2 they'll get a little front-wheel air over the ridge as they come flying into the tight right-hand T3. The Sargento bridge gives a good look as they fly out of 3, take the little kink, and go into 5. There is a big hill in the outside of T7 where you can see T6, T7 and down into T8. The inside of the carousel is a great place to watch them fly for 1/8th of a mile cranked over on their knee. From the inside of the carousel you can go over the new Suzuki bridge to get to the new kink. It's a nice spectating place, quick switch bank, slowest point in the course and hi-side city. There is good spectating on the outside of T12 (Canada Corner). You can see them brake hard come into T12 fast and head up through 13.

it's a big track and a lot of different, good locations to view. My favorite for the race is probably the hill on the outside of T5.

track maps
http://www.roadamerica.com/track_maps.htm

Jack
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:04 AM

I will be up there Friday night thru Sunday. Will be staying a Oshtoff hotel by lake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:10 AM

I've only ridden there, never seen a race. I can't make it but I wish I could.

I might also like to watch through the carousel. But you should see some insane outbraking in T5. Start/finish is not so good, you can't see anything.

What a beautiful area of the country though. Wonderful. You have to go to Siebkins if you drink beers. It will probably be overrun on Saturday night.

My time there was so good. Nice people, good food, beautiful country setting. We got some nice fixins at the Piggly Wiggly in Plymouth and had a cookout at the campsite across from the track one night.

'01 F4S
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 AM

I will be there on Sunday. I agree with Jack. I always try to position myself near T5. Jack, let me know if you plan on attending. I will be heading up with a couple of buddies. So if you are there we could meet up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode