Spoiler Alert - MotoGP - Austin - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Spoiler Alert - MotoGP - Austin

No surprises for the pole position fight then, and Lorenzo still struggling with the bike and tyres, even though they have gone back to using last years tyres for this round I believe.

There was some amazing footage on Foxtel, see Marques loose the front a few times and just picks the bike up with his knee and elbow, still goes and does the fastest lap. I would not be surpised he he goes and wins more races this season than anybody else before him, he might even win every bloody race. I hope not though.

Looks like Rossi has good race pace and so does little Danny. I would personally like to see Bradl on the podium before Danny.
Smith looks quick at times, but not sure he can do a full race at this pace yet, seems to be a problem for quite a few of the guys, something to do with the way these tyres go bad, not many guys seem to know how to deal with this.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/...2-results.html
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 01:07 AM

New Site Garage
I do hope this isn't how it's going to roll for the rest of the season?

Honda must be pleased but if I was them I'd be more concerned that their open class bikes are so far down the order? Maybe they don't care because Marc is doing it up the front, time will tell if they support the teams with upgrades through the season but if they don't it's bad for the sport and fans will switch off?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
I do hope this isn't how it's going to roll for the rest of the season?

Honda must be pleased but if I was them I'd be more concerned that their open class bikes are so far down the order? Maybe they don't care because Marc is doing it up the front, time will tell if they support the teams with upgrades through the season but if they don't it's bad for the sport and fans will switch off?
Nobody remembers who came 2nd or 3rd, never mind 6th or 8th.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 AM
Established Member

Nice to see Cal doing relatively well on the Ducati.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Forecast of 50 % chance of rain at race time....that would make things interesting!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Turned out to be a dry race. Windy and not as hot as Friday.
You know who won.
Poor Jorge got an itchy trigger finger and his ride through penalty killed any chance to fight for a podium.

But the great news was Dovi putting the Ducati back on the box....it's been a while.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 10:33 PM

Top speeds of 209 mph! I don't think I could even hold on at that speed going in a straight line all by myself, never mind in a pack of racers! Amazing.

Go Honda!

If you love something set it free, if it comes back you've just high sided!
"Get on the fire engine!"

09 Brutale 1078RR

19 Ducati V4 Panigale
11 Kwak Ninja 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode