Motogp FP 1 result - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 10:01 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS
;273

Look where Dovi moved to in FP2 and FP3, was it raining in Qatar??

Or has Ducati figured out some of their woes?

Either way, It may be a real cracker this year
They have access to the soft "qualifier" tyre, the factory bikes don't.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 07:43 AM

New Site Garage
Ryder Notes: Exciting Developments From The Sea of Sand
by julian ryder on the ground in qatar
Friday, March 21, 2014
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/...rydernotes.htm

Now that's interesting. Aleix Espargaro is still fastest and he's fastest on the tyre he'll have to use in the race, not the soft job the regulations allow the open class bikes. That tyre is largely an irrelevance—although it could be used to make a mess of the grid—but the extra four litres of gas isn't. Espargao isn't quick in a straight line but he's riding brilliantly.

Rossi and Lorenzo are deeply unhappy that the reduction in gas to 20 litres, one less than last year, for the race has made the bike gutless. Rossi is being vocal on the subject as is Jorge, who cannot understand how he is so much slower than he was as a novice MotoGP rider here years ago. It means he is taking risks on acceleration—and he was unhappy to note that both Tech 3 riders crashed when they lost the rear—Smith with a massive highside.

The lack of edge grip on the new tyre is another reason the factory Yamaha men are not happy.

Twenty-four hours ago I thought the field would shake itself out and the results sheet would have a more normal look to it today. That didn't happen and I can't see a reason why qualifying should be any different.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 07:59 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
Ryder Notes: Exciting Developments From The Sea of Sand
by julian ryder on the ground in qatar
Friday, March 21, 2014
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/...rydernotes.htm

Now that's interesting. Aleix Espargaro is still fastest and he's fastest on the tyre he'll have to use in the race, not the soft job the regulations allow the open class bikes. That tyre is largely an irrelevance—although it could be used to make a mess of the grid—but the extra four litres of gas isn't. Espargao isn't quick in a straight line but he's riding brilliantly.

Rossi and Lorenzo are deeply unhappy that the reduction in gas to 20 litres, one less than last year, for the race has made the bike gutless. Rossi is being vocal on the subject as is Jorge, who cannot understand how he is so much slower than he was as a novice MotoGP rider here years ago. It means he is taking risks on acceleration—and he was unhappy to note that both Tech 3 riders crashed when they lost the rear—Smith with a massive highside.

The lack of edge grip on the new tyre is another reason the factory Yamaha men are not happy.

Twenty-four hours ago I thought the field would shake itself out and the results sheet would have a more normal look to it today. That didn't happen and I can't see a reason why qualifying should be any different.
I'm watching every single bit of it Kevin, working in between, drinking more beer than I should, and listening very carefully.

As for the factory bikes, and more so the Yamaha, the leaner tuning makes it more peaky. Problem #1 if you're a smooth rider like Lorenzo.

The front and rear tyre is shit, depending on style. I watched a slow replay of Lorenzo about mid turn, you could see the front deforming and looking like it's bouncing, yet the forks did not move in or out, their (Bridgestone) sidewall is shit.
For Rossi this would be like getting back on the Ducati a while ago.

Honda will take this weekend, first win here for Danny, as I don't think Marq will do a race pace to win, he probably will be on the podium.

If Ducati get's on the podium, there will be hell to play, but I doubt it, As before when they where team mate's, Dovi will kick Cal's arse.

If EspA can keep it together, top 5 for him I recon, easy. I think he can beat his brother and his brother team mate tomorrow.

Now I have to go, cooking a wild curry for Liesl and I, and then qualifying.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 08:08 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I'm watching every single bit of it Kevin, working in between, drinking more beer than I should, and listening very carefully.

As for the factory bikes, and more so the Yamaha, the leaner tuning makes it more peaky. Problem #1 if you're a smooth rider like Lorenzo.

The front and rear tyre is shit, depending on style. I watched a slow replay of Lorenzo about mid turn, you could see the front deforming and looking like it's bouncing, yet the forks did not move in or out, their (Bridgestone) sidewall is shit.
For Rossi this would be like getting back on the Ducati a while ago.

Honda will take this weekend, first win here for Danny, as I don't think Marq will do a race pace to win, he probably will be on the podium.

If Ducati get's on the podium, there will be hell to play, but I doubt it, As before when they where team mate's, Dovi will kick Cal's arse.

If EspA can keep it together, top 5 for him I recon, easy. I think he can beat his brother and his brother team mate tomorrow.
Nice analysis - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Now I have to go, cooking a wild curry for Liesl...
You're a smart man to take care of that lovely lady.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage

OI NO!!!!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:35 AM

New Site Garage
Imagine that, open class 1,2,3!

Then you'll see how big Ezpeleta's balls are, not very would be my guess and I know that there are restrictions that come into play if you do too well for Honda's liking in the open class but I bet there'd still be some more rule changes by round 2?

Maybe they'll be forced to run with these fairings?
Name:  ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1395495298.030969.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  50.5 KB

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
Fox Sports 1 @ 2:30pm eastern on Sunday.
Thanks. Found it and it is set to record. WHOO HOO!! Racing is back
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 AM

It looks to be an exciting race day and I guess the factory bikes will get to the front some how.
But I think as competitive the grid is, the rules and classes are extremely confusing.
Who is actually riding a factory bike, who a satellite bike and who in the open class ?
Who was allowed to test three days in Quatar before the Grand Prix ?
What is this with the tire rule ?
Factory bikes can not run super softs and others can ?
So who is allowed to use super softs for the qualifying ?
Factory bikes have a 20 liter fuel limit and this alters the performance of say Yamaha factory bikes.
How much fuel can satellite or open class bikes burn during a race ?
For me is this like: If You are faster than me, than I will break Your legs.
But hey if someone could clarify the rules in common language it would be really great.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:38 AM

Simple - whoever caramelo decides will make him the most money, wins.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode