MV Wins superstock at oulton - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

MV Wins superstock at oulton

Just watched Howie Mainwaring win the british superstock race at oulton park, the setup was perfect the thing was on rails winning by 2 seconds, they are running the zard pipes sounded ok, great day especially being the only guy in the crowd with the mv jacket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Very cool. I need to get over there to see a race! You guys are lucky.

Our luck over here in the US with MV hasn't been so good.

'01 F4S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM

Go MV, congrats to Howie and Chris (X81)...anyone know where Martin finished?
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 03:00 AM

Good result, well done Howie, In the interview he said 'we had a slow start to the season as we only had the 06 bike, but now we have the 07 bike etc etc' interesting I thought........

I have also noticed that the good MV riders ( Howie Scassa etc) always seem to back the bike in, maybe thats the bikes trait when raced at a top level?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 03:27 AM

Wonderful ! Are there any Pictures available anywhere ?
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:10 AM

Well done chris x-bikes and howie... :-) keep the wins coming ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:15 PM

Martin came 12th...just watched a re-run on the box.....what dire commentry!!...no mention of any of the overtaking by Howie...I'm sure Jamie hadn't even heard of MV as he just referred to that 'red bike'...At least his oppo gave the impression of some knowledge...but most of the conversation was about the others...Great racing though...Go Howie!!
Tont

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:27 PM

Pic of Howie celebrating!
http://www.motorcycleracingnews.net/Superstock.htm

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 PM
X81

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as you might be able to guess i'm a tiny teensy bit happy about howies result yesterday.

what can i say, an awesome day that could so very nearly have gone badly wrong and resulted in a DNF for howie.

short story is this, our race was split in 2 due to rain, superbikes were out next and had live coverage so had to be on grid at a set time. All the superstock riders came into pitlane to be told to get out asap and come back for a restart after the bsb race. Anyway as howie pulled up we heard a load of hissing and saw that his rad had been punctured by a stone when he had a small out braking moment trying to get to 2nd place. this was obviously bad news as we didn't know how long he had run with no water. Anyway went back to the awning and replaced the rad, filled the bike with water, put new tyres on hoped for the best...............wasn't quite expecting a podium but hey ho i ain't complaining

Martin once again had a good solid race and is continuing to get faster at each track we go to, we have seen nothing like this guys full potential and i'll keep pushing him untill we find it.

really happy right now, oh and to top it off we've been invited to wsb this weekend at monza to guest ride one of EVR's bikes in european superstocks.....................how f*&%ing cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the italian for guiness btw????

thanks for the support guys and i'm glad that i was able to do what i had promised so many people i would do and thats to be the first to get MV a podium at british level racing in over 30 years.

couldn't have done it without the team and riders around me, to mick, wurz, caz, steve, ed, my dad, david and of course martin and howie i thank you all.

cheers guys

roll on another podium eh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode