Like father, like son - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Like father, like son

I was out at the ASMA races in New Mexico over the weekend and got to see Doug Chandler's son Jett race. He won 3 of his 4 races. This is his 4th race weekend, and he's expert now. He's going fast already, and looking a lot like the old man while doing it.

Also, Doug Chandler put in a low 1:10 lap time on a bone stock 2007 Honda CBR600RR. It only had Dunlop D209 GP tires on it. The lap record is somewhere in the 1:07 range, by Doug on his AMA Superbike machine from last year. Amazing. I've only ever been in the 1:12s out there on my stock engined '03 ZX-6RR. Apparently this new CBR600RR is the 600 to have. It seems to work good on the track out of the box for your average sized racer. Roadracing World seems to agree.

The Kawasaki may be the best bike when you put on the factory kit though (big $$$).

I talked to Doug about bikes and he thinks I should get a Truimph 675 to race (!!). Hmm... Apparently they may not be as unreliable as I previously thought.

'01 F4S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruhl
I was out at the ASMA races in New Mexico over the weekend and got to see Doug Chandler's son Jett race. He won 3 of his 4 races. This is his 4th race weekend, and he's expert now. He's going fast already, and looking a lot like the old man while doing it.

Also, Doug Chandler put in a low 1:10 lap time on a bone stock 2007 Honda CBR600RR. It only had Dunlop D209 GP tires on it. The lap record is somewhere in the 1:07 range, by Doug on his AMA Superbike machine from last year. Amazing. I've only ever been in the 1:12s out there on my stock engined '03 ZX-6RR. Apparently this new CBR600RR is the 600 to have. It seems to work good on the track out of the box for your average sized racer. Roadracing World seems to agree.

The Kawasaki may be the best bike when you put on the factory kit though (big $$$).

I talked to Doug about bikes and he thinks I should get a Truimph 675 to race (!!). Hmm... Apparently they may not be as unreliable as I previously thought.

Mine has been very reliable thus far with over 3000 miles and three track days to boot! I love my 675.
Attached Images

2002 MV F4 1+1 Sold
2002 MV F4 S Sold
2004 MV SPR Sold (CAG)
2008 1098S Sold
2006 999R Sold
2011 MTS 1200S Touring
2001 748R #0682
1998 916 SPS #0278

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
|--DUCATI CORSE-----| ||'|";,__.
|_..._...____________| ||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 12:31 AM

Andy, I know you have a personal preference for small and nimble racebike but having the 675 just put you back to the days of your ZX-6RR. You got to get that 750cc.

"Every mistake is a learning opportunity"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHILLE
Andy, I know you have a personal preference for small and nimble racebike but having the 675 just put you back to the days of your ZX-6RR. You got to get that 750cc.
Speaking of small and nimble, I rode a Husky 450 supermoto over the weekend. Almost highsided I was looking straight down at the top triple thinking that I didn't particularly want to buy a crashed supermoto at that particular point in time

But it was fun.

I'm still on my quest to find a bike that isn't a 1000cc inline 4, but is still competitive in the unlimited GP class (not likely, I know). 600s can be, but you gotta ride the balls off them in order to do it. 750s are better. I'm still open to a 1000cc twin... Just not a desmoquattro Ducati for damn sure.

'01 F4S
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 01:09 PM

...Then come up and try the Mille Factory out. Dirty cheap to upkeep and mod.

"Every mistake is a learning opportunity"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode