Jerez race - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Vlad Drac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.A.
Posts: 571
Jerez race

Rossi looks determined and what an effort by Colin! The Yamahas were fast and Pedrosa's talent(and familiarity) kept the Honda in 2nd place!

Ducati horsepower equaled nothing today. Stoner did an awesome job musclin' the Ducati around and got stronger as the race went on! Capirossi... what's happening to him? I hope he can turn it around!

I was so hopin' Hopper would do well, and he was till his misQ!

It reminded me of Rossi of 2002-2003!! Superior rider on superior machinery! Look out!

Awesome race!!!

CURRENT RIDE
'10 Ducati Streetfighter S

FORMER RIDES
'08 Ducati Hypermotard S
'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 S
'01 Ducati 996
'05 Ducati Monster S4R
'04 Yamaha R1
'01 Yamaha R1
'99 Ducati 748
'99 Yamaha R6
'92 Honda CBR600 F2
Vlad Drac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
MVASyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,049
Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Yeah, It looked like Rossi was on a mission and nobody was going to beat him on that day. Pedrosa and Colin put up a good show, and pity about Hopper. I think Casey got stuck in the fighting pack and couldn't get out till too late. The Ducati could not use it's top line power and does not seem as nimble as the others on a tight track.

Rossi is stiil yhe master and he is wanting everyone to realise that this year. Expect more domination through the year.

MVA Sydney
MVASyd is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,179
Looked like Stoner started on hard tires that got better as the race went on - allowing him to pass several others despite a bad start. And don't forget, it's his first year on that bike, the Bridgestone tires etc. A different tire choice or even a little better start and he could have had a podium.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
emmvee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvee
Looked like Stoner started on hard tires that got better as the race went on - allowing him to pass several others despite a bad start. And don't forget, it's his first year on that bike, the Bridgestone tires etc. A different tire choice or even a little better start and he could have had a podium.
Would have, could have, should have...that's what Hopper said.

He was on a serious charge before he lost the front and low sided. I'm not sure if I buy his "wind gust" explanation.
Koop is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop
Would have, could have, should have...that's what Hopper said.

He was on a serious charge before he lost the front and low sided. I'm not sure if I buy his "wind gust" explanation.
That's Hopkins for you. Bin it or bin it. At that lean angle a fart would have been enough to send it over the edge.

And not trying to make any excuses for Stoner. Just pointing out he's new to the team, the bike and the tires. If he's smart, he'll learn and make better choices as time goes on. Nothing to be ashamed of in that fifth-place finish especially with qualifying as close as it was. He showed some maturity in not pushing Elias too hard and crashing. He took the position and the points.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
emmvee is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,304
As far as GP races go that one was a snoozer. Considering how close it was in qualifying it never was much of a race after Rossi started pulling a gap. WTF is with the Hondas? All of them faded toward mid race. Colin put in a solid but somewhat anonymous ride. I hope Turkey is a better race... Too bad about Hopper thought he might put it on the box.
RobP is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 12:12 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvee
That's Hopkins for you. Bin it or bin it. At that lean angle a fart would have been enough to send it over the edge.

And not trying to make any excuses for Stoner. Just pointing out he's new to the team, the bike and the tires. If he's smart, he'll learn and make better choices as time goes on. Nothing to be ashamed of in that fifth-place finish especially with qualifying as close as it was. He showed some maturity in not pushing Elias too hard and crashing. He took the position and the points.
Point well taken. Casey is young and obviously has the potential for a great future.
Koop is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Vlad Drac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.A.
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP
As far as GP races go that one was a snoozer. Considering how close it was in qualifying it never was much of a race after Rossi started pulling a gap. WTF is with the Hondas? All of them faded toward mid race. Colin put in a solid but somewhat anonymous ride. I hope Turkey is a better race... Too bad about Hopper thought he might put it on the box.
You're hilarious RobP!!

Always a snoozer when it's not the outcome you wanted.

Maybe Hayden will do better in Instanbul, then maybe you'll enjoy it more!

A trillion peeps disagree with you but hey, that's your opinion and your entitled!

It was a great race!!

CURRENT RIDE
'10 Ducati Streetfighter S

FORMER RIDES
'08 Ducati Hypermotard S
'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 S
'01 Ducati 996
'05 Ducati Monster S4R
'04 Yamaha R1
'01 Yamaha R1
'99 Ducati 748
'99 Yamaha R6
'92 Honda CBR600 F2

Last edited by Vlad Drac; 03-26-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Vlad Drac is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 01:08 AM
anothermvfanatic
Guest
rossssssssssssssssssssi was on fire man, but yes well done to edwards too
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Ozboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Perth W.A ,Australia
Posts: 1,937
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP
As far as GP races go that one was a snoozer. Considering how close it was in qualifying it never was much of a race after Rossi started pulling a gap. WTF is with the Hondas? All of them faded toward mid race. Colin put in a solid but somewhat anonymous ride. I hope Turkey is a better race... Too bad about Hopper thought he might put it on the box.
It wasn't a cracker out front once Rossi got away,but the Stoner,Melandri and Elias battle was epic.
You would think they were still racing 250's with the overtaking at espargos(correct me if im wrong,keep forgeting the name of that corner)at the end of the back straight.

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike






To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ozboy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome