JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
In-depth interview with Cal Crashlow..

Some pretty interesting insights and comments -

http://www.crash.net/motogp/intervie...qa_part_1.html

http://www.crash.net/motogp/intervie...qa_part_2.html

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 AM

New Site Garage
Funny that you mention it Crashlow
My 7 year old unwillingly is always calling him like that. And I always say he is so right

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Look at it in a positive light.. At least Crashlow is keeping the guys in the Ducati Corse Carbon dept in work..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 09:51 AM

Interesting interview. I hope Ducati gets the bike sorted out; nothing would make me happier than to see Ducati on the podium again.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:11 AM

Ya know, it annoys me a little bit ..... we whinge when there are no british riders represented in the various race series, then when we get there we whinge they never get a proper chance because they're not on factory machines, etc., etc., and all the time whether on a factory bike or not, we seem to have a need to continually knock them.

I personally wish Crutchlow, Smith, Redding, et al the very best of luck and would long to see a day when the podium only hears "God Save the Queen" played out ....... The one thing you can say for the Brits out their - they've earned their places on the grid rather than bought them (or got them to keep the media or specific sales markets happy) .......

We used to moan about series dominated by American riders, then Italian riders, currently Spanish riders - we have Brit riders out their in the premier race series - lets get behind them and stop moaning about others ......
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Malcolm .. Iím not really patriotic like yourself, but I totally respect your views on the British contingent in Moto GP.

It doesnít matter much to me what country each rider represents, I look at it from a different prospective and I rather support them for their abilities, true grit, entertainment factor and to a very small degree, their personalities.

Cal defiantly deserves his place in Moto GP as you said, but pound for pound, I think Dovi is a better class act.. Weíll see who comes out on top in the Ducati camp next year. Cal is a good rider, but I personally can't see him ever becoming a World champ.. The current crop of top Moto GP racers is to strong and unfortunately I donít put Cal in that camp..

I was surprised about Smiths performance towards the end of the year, and had to eat my words, because at the start of the season, I was of the opinion that he had been promoted beyond his abilities.. I had to eat humble pie on that prediction. You can argue that Smith took Cal's place at Yamaha, but I don't think so.. Smith did enough in 2013 and improved his game to warrant his second year at Yamaha.

I hope Redding does well next year, because heís good to watch, a good fighter and brings a bit of character to the paddockÖ Iím not sure ( well thatís not strictly true.. as I am sure), heís in the same class as Marquez, but then again, he hasnít been given the same equipment to prove himself. I would say his target next year is to beat his team mate, Smith and Pol Espargaro.

In the past, Iíve always been a fan of the American riders.. King Kenny, Fast Freddie and Steady Eddie.. It was a shame that Raineyís career was cut short, because he had so much more to give to the sport..

Whether one follows an individual, a fellow country man or a particular motorcycle brand, lets hope next season brings some close racing..

EMAIL :
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 04:24 PM

Only I won't see it John! Not possible in the UK any more (unless you've got the 'reddies'!)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 07:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
It is interesting what he said about weight. For instance if my racing friend Dave an did get on the same equipment, he is going to kill me because, simply put, he is 80 pounds lighter than me. Momentum is your enemy when slowing and accelerating. Horsepower and torque can only do so much.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:26 AM

New Site Garage
I always thought going to Ducati was the right move for him given his options and the circumstances, I read elsewhere that it sounded like he'd have had an option to stay at Tech 3 but it would have meant cutting Bradley's contract early and he didn't think that fair and nor do I, I think Bradley has earn't his seat for another year, that and Cal would have been demoted to No2 which it sounds like will be Bradley's position again?

I hope he and Ducati do well, I hope he beats Dovi and I hope he and Ducati can get themselves into a fighting position but unless Ducati manage to pull the wool over everyone's eyes like they did 6yrs ago then I can't see him being champion.

As for the weight thing I suppose the perfect argument against that would be if it makes that much difference then why isn't Dani a 6 times champion? Or is it his weight advantage that puts him dicing at the front and not his ability?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
When we aer talking tenths of seconds per lap making the difference, every advantage helps.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode