LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Summary from Christian Iddon

http://www.moto-media.co.uk/riders/C...mail/thank-you

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 AM

Donsey IMHO Christian Iddon was most impressive at Magney Cours . Athough Iddon impressed all with his front row qualifying position, his quick start/riding cold tire ability ,and Leading the race dicing with the now WSS Champion Lowes. I was most and VERY impressed with how Iddon was THINKING and CHANGING/ADAPTING his riding style/lines as he was in an intense battle with Lowes/Sofeglu.
Donsey , being an actual racer your a better judge in this subject than I , but I could see Iddon using the point & Shoot method going in slow/out fast to get optimum drive out of corners though certain sections. Then Iddon seamlessly could change lines/riding style using smooth ,high intake/mid corner speed through other sections of the Magne Cours circuit. Iddon was changing adapting lines/styles literally corner to corner to pass and keep pace with Lowes and Sofeglu . IMHO Iddon is a real diamond in the rough . Even with such little road racing experience he has abilities that surpass many well known established riders.

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-29-2013 at 10:41 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I think Robby Rolfo did a better job over-all. I might be wrong, but I think Christian, might be a bit rough on his machine, maybe something to do with his Motard Racing back ground.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM

Donsey I would also like to point out that the PARK N GO team has been VERY impressive.
PARK N GO is also a very young team. In there first year of racing they took on the task of using the Triumph 675. Yes, the Triumph 675 is a good high performance motorcycle/good base for WSS, but being the first inline triple in WSS racing the PARK N GO TEAM had to develop the bike from scratch.
A tall order yet the new PARK N GO team actually won a race or 2? and had a couple podium finishes .
VERY impressive results for a teams FIRST year in competition.
PARK N GO then changed to a known entity switching to the Yamaha R6 and WON the WSS Championship.
PARK N GO then noticed that they had gotten the same or more media exposer coming in 3rd place using the Triumph 675 as they did Winning the title using the Yamaha R6?
PARK N GO REALIZED the Media /race fan loves to see unique race bikes & loves to root for the underdog . So when they heard MV AGUSTA wanted to get back into competitive racing again PARK N GO again changed manufactures and again produced impressive results in there first year racing with the new MV AGUSTA F3 675 inline triple .
I am looking forward to the 2014 WSBK and WSS season . I believe PARK N GO & MV AGUSTA WILL SHOCK THE MOTORCYCLE RACING MEDIA WITH THE MV F4RR FAR EXCEEDING THE MEDIAS EXPECTATIONS .
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Donsey , I also thought Rolfo was the better rider at first , but as the season progressed Iddon riding abilities seemed to grow and get better race by race. By the end of the season , Iddon looked to be the faster, more consistant and to have much more passing skills. IMO ...passing.. is a skill in itself . I know not many people consider ..passing.. a unique skill , just my personal opinion.
Example : I never looked at Rossi as a rider with the most raw speed in MotoGP history, but I always though Rossi was one of the best passers in MotoGP history .

Donsey .. what do you mean by Iddon is ...rough on his bike? Not being arguementive , just looking for your viewpoint. Do you mean that his style tends to put additional stress on the engine/drive train/suspension or wears tires quickly?

If you look at Iddons Magne Coure ride in certain sections Iddon was using very traditional old time, dare I say almost Agostini type lines trying to keep up momentum to make up for a lack of top end power . That was very surprising due to his Motard racing backround .
On the other end of the spectrum , It was great to see the MV F3 675R actually having MORE bottom end/mid range power than the Kawasaki ZX600R and the Yamaha YZR600R.

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode