Crutchlow Signs with Ducati - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Crutchlow Signs with Ducati

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/23536326

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well....I hope Nicky helps them get the bike competitive during the later part of this year so Cal has a chance next year. (Ducati says they have some good things coming for the later part of the season). Otherwise he is going to be a very frustrated young man.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/07/29...MzI3NDYyODc5S0

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:59 AM

New Site Garage
Hardly surprised, with more riders coming up from moto 2 every year, if Cal hadn't taken the factory ride for next year he probably would have been without one all together, factory or not?

It's a sad fact of the MotoGP series that there are only 6 factory bikes on the grid and of those only 4 are competitive. And so your chances of getting on one are slim, especially if your not Spanish or Italian, so in that respect he's done very well for himself.

I do hope for him and Dovi that Ducati and Audi can build a competitive machine for next season but I won't hold my breath? And if they don't then hopefully Cal will be able to look back at his GP career and say he was a factory rider, he got some podium trophies and a healthy bank balance.

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 PM

Nobody's had a feel for the Duc since Casey Stoner. All the post-Stoner pilots have been whining about the the frame, the (lack of) power, the handling, blah, blah, blah... None of that seemed to be an issue for Casey.

They should have never let him go. Biggest mistake they ever made. He rode the wheels off that bike!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Well I wish him luck and that the Ducati gets really a little more competitive.
It is in deed sad that a man as fast as Crutchlow has no other choice in the Spanish Championship.
Its time that Ducati beats the Japs again.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
Its time that Ducati beats the Japs again.
+1

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Suzuki will be back in 2015....

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Cal strikes me as a guy who rides right to the edge of his and the bikes potential and that's where a guy like Cal want to be. He's a racers racer.
I just hope he stays safe - he's always pushing so hard and I'd hate to see him injured because I really enjoy watching him ride.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinflux View Post
Nobody's had a feel for the Duc since Casey Stoner. All the post-Stoner pilots have been whining about the the frame, the (lack of) power, the handling, blah, blah, blah... None of that seemed to be an issue for Casey.

They should have never let him go. Biggest mistake they ever made. He rode the wheels off that bike!
Seems like you don't even follow motogp.

Stoner left Ducati because he said the bikes had become unfit to ride. He did the "whining" before anyone else said one word bad about the bike.

Rossi notoriously said Stoner just didn't how to setup the bike and that he and his crew could easily fix the problem in one weekend that caused Stoner to quit on Ducati.

Enter new strict Tire Rules. Bridgestone are the official tires everyone must use and the tire options are limited, before Ducati would use specially made Tires that specifically made to cover up the problems with the Ducati bikes. Now that crutch was gone too and Ducati left completely exposed.

The only recognition Stoner gets is being the first person to declare Ducati bike had become terrible and having the sense to quit on the brand faster than anyone else.

Oh, and more thing.

Ducati had a lot of bad blood between them and Stoner. Stoner suddenly caught a "mysterious" illness that he said made it so he could race anymore for Ducati during the last season.
Ducati believed that Stoner made up it, as a fake reason so he could quit mid season.

Last edited by Neal; 08-01-2013 at 04:37 PM.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 04:45 PM

Nothing mysterious about lactose intolerance.

What is mysterious is how the politics of the inner sanctum of Ducati design people work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode