Return rumors MV AGUSTA in SBK - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Return rumors MV AGUSTA in SBK

(French)
http://www.mv-agusta.es/foro/viewtop...p=18313#p18313

www.mv-agusta.es using motorcycle app.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM

THANK YOU FOR PASSING ON THE INFO SPAIN. In the USA Motorcycle racing is about as popular as Professional bowling ,so motorcycle racing enthusiast do not get ..news.. until its 2-3 months old .
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 PM

MV AGUSTA has came to there sences. Instead of tinkering around with 2
MV F4 1000RR in Superstock with no/little TV coverage why not fully support 1 MV F4 1000RR in WSBK?

MV AGUSTA is now looked upon as a small Manufacturer of exotic High performance motorcycles . Not unlike Lamborghini is to the car world. The Motorcycle enthusiast and race enthusiast doesn't really EXPECT such a small manufacturer to compete and win against the Juggernauts of Honda/Yamaha and Suzuki . MV racing in WSS is looked upon as the small underdog company and fans even the announcers seem to route for MV to win.
The F4 1000 may be a decade old design but the engineers at MV have done wonders massaging the aging design into being the 2nd most powerful Literbike in its class . Only the All conquering
BMW S1000RR has more Horsepower . And then only by 2-4 Horsepower.

IF THE ENGINEERS AT MV AGUSTA CAN TAKE THERE DECADE+ OLD DESIGN AND OUT POWWER THE LATEST AND GREATEST JAPANESE LITERBIKES (FOR THE LAST 4? YEARS) WHY THEN CANT THEY MAKE A COMPETITIVE SUPERBIKE IN WSBK?
EVEN THE MOTOJOURNALISTS SAY THAT IF MV CAN SORT OUT THE FUELING IN THE
MV AGUSTA F41000RR IT COULD BE REAL CONTENDER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 06:32 AM

Surely a race prepped RR wouldn't need to suffer all the fuelling compromises that homologated road bikes have to endure to get road approval? (Catalytic converters, cavernous flat spots, etc.)

I don't think journo gripes over streets bikes really has much to do with racing potential.

Si
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
THANK YOU FOR PASSING ON THE INFO SPAIN. In the USA Motorcycle racing is about as popular as Professional bowling ,so motorcycle racing enthusiast do not get ..news.. until its 2-3 months old .
I don't know if you have watched any AMA racing lately but I have to disagree. They have brought Jonathan Green in from WSB announcers booth and the racing is very close and exciting, especially the Supersport racing. I agree it used to be boring but not any more
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 03:52 PM

Number 2 ... I love motorcycle road racing & flat track racing . And agree that CBS Sports has really stepped up there game in its coverage of AMA road racing.
MotoGP on Speed has also greatly improved. Oddly enough until about 2 weeks before the series started Speed had announced they where dropping motorcycle racing altogether. USA fans (myself included ) had to go to Direct TV to get MotoGP on television. With no apparent WSBK or AMA roadracing available period . Then , roughly 2 weeks before the start 2013 season , Speed network decided to pick up WSBK ONLY and CBS sports then picked up AMA road racing with all 3 networks EXPANDING coverage?

But as a whole , people in the USA arnt into Motorcycle racing . The USA are FAT people who sit on the couch and cheer on team sports .

When people in the USA where in shape back in the 1950s The number 1 sport in the nation was Baseball of cource , but what most people do not know is until Football became popular in the late 1960s BOXING was the number 2 sport in the USA .

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-15-2013 at 03:57 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 03:58 PM

I am really looking forward to MV Agusta racing the F4 1000RR in WSBK . Even if they don't win it will be great to see then on the grid .
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 PM

New Site Garage
Great news for MV and its fan base US. I have said it all along if they put a WSBK team it will then breed into there street bikes and the engineering from there race teams will benifit the streetbikes they make just like ducati and the jap bikes do. Look out for big things to come

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
Number 2 ... I love motorcycle road racing & flat track racing . And agree that CBS Sports has really stepped up there game in its coverage of AMA road racing.
MotoGP on Speed has also greatly improved. Oddly enough until about 2 weeks before the series started Speed had announced they where dropping motorcycle racing altogether. USA fans (myself included ) had to go to Direct TV to get MotoGP on television. With no apparent WSBK or AMA roadracing available period . Then , roughly 2 weeks before the start 2013 season , Speed network decided to pick up WSBK ONLY and CBS sports then picked up AMA road racing with all 3 networks EXPANDING coverage?

But as a whole , people in the USA arnt into Motorcycle racing . The USA are FAT people who sit on the couch and cheer on team sports .

When people in the USA where in shape back in the 1950s The number 1 sport in the nation was Baseball of cource , but what most people do not know is until Football became popular in the late 1960s BOXING was the number 2 sport in the USA .
I agree. for the most part only a small group of people follow motorcycle racing in the States. The competition has improved greatly especially with the addition of more brands. Would still like to see Ducati and MV in the mix.

Actually Speed has MotoGP, not WSB. WSB is on Bien TV
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 AM

Number 2 your correct .Speed has MotoGP and Bein has wsbk I get groggy at 3 am

MV AGUSTA Could probably win or at least be on the podium if they put forth a Full factory effort racing in AMA Superbike.

The Yamaha R1 only looks great in AMA because they are a little Fish in a puddle full of minnows. Or a semi factory effort with the best available riders. Racing against privateers on a shoe string budget riding out of love for the sport.

The last true factory R1 WSBK effort won the WSBK Championship for the sole reason Ben Spies was riding 3 levels above the rest of the field.
After Yamaha won the WSBK Championship , Yamaha retired Ben Spies Superbike and allowed just about every moto journalist and retired MotoGP rider on the planet to test there prize WSBK winning R1. To everyones surprise it was discovered that the Yamaha R1 WSBK was an evil handling beast that was lacking power to its competitors.

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-16-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode