Crutchlow's had enough - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Exclamation Crutchlow's had enough

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-de...fm?newsid=9432

Britain's Cal Crutchlow has sensationally threatened to quit his Monster Yamaha MotoGP team if Spanish Moto2 star Pol Espargaro is given a factory Yamaha contract.

The outspoken Coventry man believes that if a works deal is available, he should be first in line for it given his results over the past two season. He thinks the deal with Espargaro has already been done and is none too pleased.

"They've signed Pol Espargaro. It's none of my business, I don't really care but one thing is for sure I won't ride under Espargaro in my team, so I will be leaving this is clear. Even if the option is given to me to ride there, I won't if he has a factory contract and I don't," said Crutchlow, speaking at Mugello.

"I am not going to be walked over and I think that is only correct. My situation is that I want to be with Yamaha, I want to ride for the same team now but if there is a factory contract being given out, I think I deserve it before him.

"At the moment I'm not too worried, I am riding the bike, I am still determined and motivated but I won't ride under Pol Espargaro. My interest is to stay where I am with a better contract than I have now."

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 01:07 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to afeylad
Cal is definitely within his rights to feel as he does! But he is treading on thin-ice going on the offensive verbally.. He needs to shut his mouth and concentrate on riding the wheels off the Tech3 Yamaha, as he's done every race this year! I remember a talented racer by the name of Chris Vermuelen, who i believe lost his factory ride at Suzuki, for been too outspoken in his criticism of their GSVR..
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 01:30 AM

I can't blame Cal for seeing it that way.
In my eyes it is obvious where Dorna wants to go.
Sure Spain has had a unparalleled program to search and develop talents.
Financial backed by what ?
They have 4 GP a year were other traditional GP countries struggle to have a GP a year.
If You look at Moto2 and Moto3 You will see that more Spanish riders will head towards a seat in MotoGP.
Although Spain has no plan for their Youth future, they have the cash to pay for MotoGP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 03:46 AM

Cal needs to see the bigger picture here:

Last Spanish GP two weeks ago..120,000 spanish race goers:

Spain is a massive Motorcycling market:

Espargaro would probably bring a HUGE sponser (Like Repsol) along as well with MILLIONS of £/$

Just the same as the Rossi/Cal thing, Cal deserves Rossi's bike for sure....................but Rossi brings a lot more than just riding skills

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 05:33 AM

Dorna is a Spanish company and they now own WSB and the CEV, championship of Spain.
Of course they want Spaniards on factory bikes, but it is a mistake to think that Spain has the money for 4 races in Moto GP.
The cost of racing in the CEV, has risen since they took over and will continue to do so imo.
Racing here is geared towards the elite classes. Great if you are in Moto 2 or 3, but unlike the UK and elsewhere, we have very little chance for the ordinary enthusiast to enter a race series.
One season in the CEV, the bare minimum cost is al least 100.000 Euros per bike. Many teams spend much more, and for just 7 races and a 1 race "European" championship.
Talent will get you only so far. As one commentator said, most riders on the world stage did not get there by winning anything. They can afford it, bringing money from personal sponsors to their team.

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Espargaro would probably bring a HUGE sponser (Like Repsol) along as well with MILLIONS of £/$
According to motogpmatters.com if Cal goes it is highly possible that the Monster money will go with him. There was also a comment that it is actually in Dorna's interests to have a rebel in the field to foster some sort of rivalry.
http://www.motogpmatters.com/analysi...rossi_s_c.html
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 05:24 AM

Hope he gets a factory ride at Suzuki next year.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 07:13 AM

New Site Garage
Good that he has enough. I have enough of Crutchlow. Let him quit. More room for someone who is really sportive.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:

Just the same as the Rossi/Cal thing, Cal deserves Rossi's bike for sure....................but Rossi brings a lot more than just riding skills
What skills. None on show so far this year. Certainly not the same Rossi who first left Honda and went to Yamaha.

Though he was very unlucky last night.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode