MotoGP Austin race - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
ZAR
Established Member

MotoGP Austin race

Hi there
I was thinking of going to Austin to see motoGP this comming weekend, but I have some doubts:

1) any nice hotel in the area?? not so expensive..
I will be flying into Houston, taking a rental car and driving to Austin.

2) best spot in the circuit?? I was considering buying GA, ground pass to walk around the circuit ans chose the best spot.

Any other suggestion???

Carlos.

Last edited by ZAR; 04-17-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM

Hotels are mostly sold out in the Austin and surrounding areas, there are multiple big eventsgoing on in Austin this weekend including the MS 150 bicycle race, I spent all day today and yesterday looking for a hotel, and could only find in a neighboring small town at about double their regular rate..ticketsfor the event are plenty though...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM

Thankfully I booked my hotel the first day tickets were available.

Good luck w your search. Going to be a great event!

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Be sure to wear your Kevin Schwantz logo clothing......

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 PM

New Site Garage
I remember being at the Indy MotoGP a few years ago and a friend who was wearing a black t-shirt that just said 'STONER' on the front of it in big letters was confronted outside the speedway by a cop about whether he had drugs on him. Sometimes it's hard being a fan of Casey's.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
I remember being at the Indy MotoGP a few years ago and a friend who was wearing a black t-shirt that just said 'STONER' on the front of it in big letters was confronted outside the speedway by a cop about whether he had drugs on him. Sometimes it's hard being a fan of Casey's.
..I love it ..very good!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad-turbo View Post
.....and Rossi has broken another of Agostini's records......The Legend Continues !
Which one?

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

I didn't know that (obviously) - Yep Ago (first & foremost) & Mike the Bike are mine as well

At the risk of starting another Rossi slanging match - when it's all done & dusted I reckon he'll sit pretty comfortably along the all time greats.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad-turbo View Post
Last year he shared the record with Ago.....13 seasons in a row with podium finishes in the Premier Class, now after Qatar Vale holds the record at 14 seasons in a row, that's pretty damn cool in my book, and certainly no disrespect to Ago, he and Mike Hailwood are my all-time heroes
Yep..that was Rossi's 178th podium!....(105 wins) and counting.

Ago had..................... 159....(122 wins)
Hailwood.................... 112
Phil read.................... 121
Surtees...................... 45
Caparossi.....................99
Kenny Roberts Snr......44
Casey stoner................89
Jorge Lorenzo...............99
Angel Nieto.................139
All great riders ....legends in fact., without doubt.!
Brian.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 PM

Sometimes statistics like that only tell part of the story; maybe taking those figures as a percentage of the number of starts would give a truer picture.

Eg, in Surtees day, there were nowhere near the number of Grands Prix as now, yet also, riders rode in more than one class.

As always, it's difficult to compare eras; where would someone like Stanley Woods fit in?

It all adds to the discussion!

The older I get, the faster I was!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode