F1 GP Malaysia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

F1 GP Malaysia

Anyone watched the F1 Grand Prix of Malaysia ?
Vettel was faster than Webber and passed him in lap 46 of 56 after a frantic battle with his team mate which was limping around at a slower pace.
So who is to blaim here ?
Further Rosberg was begging Ross Brawn to let him pass Hamilton who was cruising around to safe fuel.
In both cases the slower drivers were egoistic enough to slow down their faster team mates. Risking even to knock the team mates out in order to stay ahead. For the teams was it from the sporting point equal who won the race. The points would have been exactly the same in the constructors championship.
Now Horner says that it was Vettels fault and Vettel even cries about what did he do and appologizes. For what? Being faster than Webber?Horners comment when cars run behind each other they risk their tyres, is just idiotic. So why is nobody asking Webber to let Vettel pass.
In my eyes is the Red Bull team full of it.
Anyone has another view on it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Established Member

I'm a Weber fan. But disregarding that, whoever is the fastest driver should win. I sure as hell would not want to sit behind someone if I knew I was faster and could win.

Team orders? Boring.

Let them race ffs!!!

Deano.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 AM

Both drivers were obeying team orders which are whoever is in front after the last pitstop crosses the line first. The news reports I saw said that Webber was driving in 'conservation' mode as instructed as the Red Bull cars had a good lead and the team didn't wish to jeopardise this. The differences is that Webber obeyed team orders and Vettel ignored them apologising post race (a cursory apology at that) for passing while Rosberg obeyed team orders and didn't pass Hamilton. Hamilton spoke to Rosberg after the race apologising for the situation which was not of his doing. Webber also made a post race comment along the lines that Vettel disobeyed team orders and, as usual, will get away with it inferring that Vettel is the favoured son which he is.

As for egos, Webber, Hamilton and Rosberg seem to keep theirs in check. The same can't be said for Vettel.

I'm not suggesting that the team orders were appropriate only that three of the drivers obeyed them and one didn't. The result may have been different if the team orders didn't apply. Webber raced maintaing his lead, Hamilton raced keeping in front of Rosberg, Vettel passed Webber taking both cars out of the race or at least taking Webber out and so on. Obviously all conjecture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 AM

Missed it. Had to work
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Al-

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
Anyone watched the F1 Grand Prix of Malaysia ?
Vettel was faster than Webber and passed him in lap 46 of 56 after a frantic battle with his team mate which was limping around at a slower pace.
So who is to blaim here ?
Further Rosberg was begging Ross Brawn to let him pass Hamilton who was cruising around to safe fuel.
In both cases the slower drivers were egoistic enough to slow down their faster team mates. Risking even to knock the team mates out in order to stay ahead. For the teams was it from the sporting point equal who won the race. The points would have been exactly the same in the constructors championship.
Now Horner says that it was Vettels fault and Vettel even cries about what did he do and appologizes. For what? Being faster than Webber?Horners comment when cars run behind each other they risk their tyres, is just idiotic. So why is nobody asking Webber to let Vettel pass.
In my eyes is the Red Bull team full of it.
Anyone has another view on it ?
there are other factors to consider, if they end up racing with each other at full power to the finish, they might run low of fuel to finish the race within regs, or possibly run out their tires and risk being caught, or put unnecessary wear on the engines and gearboxes which they'd receive an penalty for changing in the next race. Why not just coast to an easy finish while you've already handily trounce the competition? Why not listen to your team who can see all the telemetry and knows things that you don't know? Because one driver is a brat? I totally understand why webber was annoyed, and between Seb's actions on track and his statements off track, I have never been a fan no matter how fast he is or how many races he wins.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Al-

not to mention the risk of crashing into each other and having neither car finish
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Big Randaddy

Malaysia was a great race.....I enjoyed it almost as much as the NASCAR race in California.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

From what I gathered drove Webber with the harder prime tyre and Vettel with the softer option tires. Consequently he was faster and a racer as he is he is going for the win.
Hamilton was low on fuel and needed to drive conservatively to make it around to the finish line. Rosberg didn't need to safe his fuel so he could go full attack. Why wouldn't You go for the podium than ?
For what is Team order good if You risk at the end the drivers title.
What will Horner say if Vettel will loose the world championship by 6 points ?
To say that after the last pit stop You should not race and preserve the position is in no way sports like and pure liberal baloney.
It would be the same if Lorenzo with better preserved tires would trail behind Rossi with shot tires. This is something unthinkable in other sports. The better will win and so it should be.
As I said earlier, if You have some kind of a problem and see Your team mate is gaining on You, You would let Your team pass and go for it.
That doesn't need any team order. This is plain gentlemen like and something everyone of us would do.
And I'm here not a Vettel or Webber fan.
Yes sure Vettel is a German like me and I see him rather clinching the title than lets say Maldonado.
But this story shows the sickness of the entire F1 circus and especially of Red Bull Racing.
Vettel for being such a coward to apologize for being a racer.
Webber for being as arrogant to ignore the faster team mate and risk a crash.
And Horner for interfering at the outcome of a race at the begin of season.
Ignoring the facts and blame his driver to go for a win.
Which could cost him dearly at the end of the season.
If I would be Vettel I would say f... You Horner and Webber, I go for the title and next Year to Ferrari.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Al-

F1 isn't like other sports, in bike racing there are no radios. As much as we watch and think that racing is about driver and machine, in F1 it is about strategy and teams of engineers. Those teams of engineers at Red Bull consistently supply the best machines on the grid and work hard to keep it that way. A driver is like a trained monkey, there are many more people capable of winning in a redbull car than there are redbull cars. To ignore the engineers and strategists behind pitwall is arrogant and selfish. Alonso did it, and it cost everyone at ferarri a potential podium. You risk the drivers AND the team championship if you risk having only one or neither car finish the race. They made a calculation based on a long term strategy and Seb ignored it based on his selfish immediate desire to win. I think Vettel should leave redbull after this year, but he'd be foolish to do so because it would highlight just how much of a factor the car is vs him as a driver. In my opinion he is maybe in the 5 top of current drivers, maybe.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
F1 isn't like other sports, in bike racing there are no radios. As much as we watch and think that racing is about driver and machine, in F1 it is about strategy and teams of engineers. Those teams of engineers at Red Bull consistently supply the best machines on the grid and work hard to keep it that way. A driver is like a trained monkey, there are many more people capable of winning in a redbull car than there are redbull cars. To ignore the engineers and strategists behind pitwall is arrogant and selfish. Alonso did it, and it cost everyone at ferarri a potential podium. You risk the drivers AND the team championship if you risk having only one or neither car finish the race. They made a calculation based on a long term strategy and Seb ignored it based on his selfish immediate desire to win. I think Vettel should leave redbull after this year, but he'd be foolish to do so because it would highlight just how much of a factor the car is vs him as a driver. In my opinion he is maybe in the 5 top of current drivers, maybe.

That is true I reckon Just look at last year. I am not a great fan of Alonso but he was in with a chance of winning the title to the very end in a far inferior car to the redbull

As for Malaysia each member of the team has a strategy for tyres and fuel at the start of the race. Rosbergs strategy was better than Hamiltons and he should have been allowed to pass and I see nothing wrong with Vettel passing. Its supposed to be a race ffs.
The trouble is the Manafacturers title is far more important than the drivers title

I used to like watching Champ car racing. The s**t that affects F1 didn't seem to happen in that series. It was exciting racing had to say I preferred the street circuits to the oval races though. Whats happened too it don't seem to get the TV coverage it did

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode