Save Mallory Park Race Circuit in Leicestershire .. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Exclamation Save Mallory Park Race Circuit in Leicestershire ..

You guys probably aren't aware, but the local council is trying to close Mallory Park race circuit because of complaints from the new nearby housing estate residents of excessive noise..

Why those C***s built new houses so near to a race circuit is beyond all comprehension and what did they expect to hear..

The sound of mating bull fogs ? or the call of the antelope on the Serengeti ?

Anyway, if you’ve ever been to Mallory Park as a competitor or even as a spectator, you’ll agree it’s one of the nicest circuits in the UK.

Fantastic paddock, one of the best greasy spoon café on a UK circuit and the longest right hand corner in the World.

I got to hear about it on an email from the organisers of “The Festival of a Thousand Bikes”.. This is one of the best UK held classic bike meetings on the calendar ( Do a search on my posts and you’ll find plenty of pictures)

Please take a min and sign this petition to save Mallory Park..

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

If you’re a motor head and fan of racing, then help keep this circuit open..

Cheers
John

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM

Angry

John, I feel your frustration

We to have a track (Lakeside) that is under threat of closing, because a handfull of local residents (alfresco latte sipping twats) complain about noise on the weekends

This track was opened a looooong time before any housing was built. It is a noise restricted track with Db monitors around it to enforce the rule. I do not have a problem with this.

Its unbelievable a minority can control a majority of Car Clubs, Driver Training and recreational users. I know property developers would love to profit from its demise

I tried to sign your petition, but could not, as you have to be a resident of the UK. I'd sign twice if I could

I wish you guys the best of luck, to face the mind numbing bureaucracy you're about to encounter
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 PM

This kind of thing really annoys me.

Good idea, close the track, then we'll all come do burn outs on your streets instead, to get our kicks.

Good luck saving the circuit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 AM

That's a real bloody shame. Mallory is a great track with a great atmosphere. I used to marshal there in the late 80's, early 90's, and can still remember Chris Walker thrashing everyone on his RGV 250.
You'd think that if someone bought a house near to a racetrack, they'd just have to accept a bit of noise! I really hope the council sees sense and doesn't make the track close.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

RIP Phil... And we'll try and keep the circuit open..

Cheers guys for your moral support.. We’ve now got the required 10,000 petition signatures to be able to get a government hearing..

I’ve since found out that this all came about one guy who moved in to the village of Kirby Mallory (where the circuit is located) and then went about making it his life’s mission to close the circuit..

What sort of knob jockey buys a house 100 yards from a race circuit entrance and then is amazed at the noise from events held at the circuit.

That’s like buying a 2 bedroom mid Terrance house in Hounslow and complaining to the council that the nearby Heathrow airport is scaring your pet rabbit who lives in a hatch at the end of the garden.. Tossers.. the world is full of them.

I remember going to Mallory Park on a Wednesday afternoon in the very early 80’s on my LC250 for testing and general set up..

I even remember sharing a few beers afterwards with the late Suzuki UK rider Phil Mellor.. (he’s the one that looked like a mad Marty Feldman, but boy could he ride a bike.. Google Phil Mellor).. Phil would have gone on to achieve greatness if he hadn’t been taken away from us at such an early age.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 AM

Click on the country box in the petition and Australia comes up allowing you to sign in.
I did from Spain.
It´s so unfair and a common problem at many tracks with recent development in many countries.

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Thumbs up Cheers Frank.

Cheers Frank for your support and also for letting the others know how to sign up to this petition.

J

EMAIL :
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM

Mallory was the first circuit I ever rode around at the festival of 1000 bikes .

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

What bike was you on Doggy ?... My mates are on the Ex Percy Tait Triumph 500 twin ( Rob Prior & Mick Hemmings)..

This year I'll be going with John Hackett . Are you going again this year if it's still on ?

EMAIL :
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 04:52 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I read this on another forum with a link to a local rag.it appears that the owner wants to open the circuit on more than the agreed days.
It appears the owner has said to the residents if they don't agree he will close the circuit and sell the land to developers
As we know big developments have to have affordable housing and that's the bit that worries the residents

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode