Michael Dunlop joins Honda TT Legends team... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Michael Dunlop joins Honda TT Legends team...

Now this should make it fun at the TT with McGuiness and Dunlop on "equal" bikes!

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...-legends-team/

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM

I think it might be Guy Martins year this year though. Dunlop will take 3 I reckon, McGuiness 1 and Guy Martin 1

Dan

The power one person holds is not determined by the individual but by the audience who recieves them.

Current stable:
MV Agusta F4 750 Senna 106/300
Triumph Street Triple
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 12:17 PM

Michael Dunlop is in my opinion the most exciting rider in real Road racing at this time. At 23 years old and already having won three TT victories on a privateer bike...with a few mates!.. He is the future in real road racing. During the Irish road racing season I get to see him in action almost every weekend and believe me this guy IS the real deal......and he delivers!!.
I'm glad he finally has the opportunity to show something of his full potential on a 'factory' bike ..and I believe now you'll not see which way he went!
Go Michael...and William too on the swan Yamaha.
Brian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Hey Brian

There's no doubting Michael Dunlop's talent and courage ( itís probably in his DNA) but when I watch him riding on the IOM, I get the impression heís right on the ragged edge.. Maybe thatís his natural riding style, but it looks like heís about to bin it at the very next jump or corner..

His uncle was as smooth as silk and didnít even look like he was trying to go fast.. The greats always make it look easy.. Hailwood, Ago, McGuinness, Read, and so on..

David Jefferies was another one that always looked like he was on the ragged edge and used to chuck the bike around as if it was a 50cc Monkey bike..

McGuinnessís and Jefferies times over the Snaefell course are very close, yet their riding styles are totally opposite.. Thatís what makes the TT race unique and on a good day, any of the top riders stand a chance of taking a TT medal home.

We all want Guy Martin to win a TT, and itís not for trying. I just think he hasnít got that last 10% thatís needed to keep it pinned for the full 6 laps.. I hope I'm wrong this year..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 02:40 PM

John I think that is just Michael's natural riding style...he is very very similar in style to the late great Martin Finnegan who was incredible to watch. Philip McCallen was similar also...very aggressive and as you say..on the limit!
Contrast Michael's style to his brother William who is very smooth (like Joey). I agree Michael rides the bike like he has a 'death wish'..but he is always like that...in 'every' race. When I watch Him here on the 'roads' it was always between Ryan Farquhar (who is very smooth) and Michael Dunlop ...Previously Finnegan. And their contrasting styles always reminded me of the battles between Joey and Philip McCallen.
Every year around this time the question invariably comes up regarding Guy Martin and it.. 'being his year'.
I really like Guy Martin and would love to see him win his 'first' TT..I think almost everyone would.....however I'm just not sure it will happen...despite being on undeniably great bikes...'Wilson Craig Honda's'... 'TAS Suzuki's'..etc. Hope I'm wrong though.
Brian.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM

Great to see McGuiness and Dunlop in the same team, and the only team orders are that they can't "Supersize it" at the McDonalds!!!
I would also really like to see Guy Martin winning one, but he seems to have his eggs in too many baskets, rather than just concentrating on his bike racing. Great character though.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Thumbs up Enjoys Guys

Latest ITV4 TT Legends episode.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/tt-leg...es-1/episode-6

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode