Racing - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Racing

Anybody here racing F3 ,I'm thinking of racing one this season,would like to hear all the info ,
Thanks Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 03:35 AM

Several people on here are racing them, and at different levels of competition and specification.

There are two threads in 'on the track' and one in the F3 section.

Try a search, or a bit of browsing, it won't take you long to find them.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 04:17 AM

New Site Garage
Smile Welcome to the forum Hatchet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
Anybody here racing F3 ,I'm thinking of racing one this season,would like to hear all the info ,
Thanks Rich
Oh he's so modest our Greg - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48742 - after we taught him some manners .
There is also Nils who is getting ready - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50639
Then Tom here is building a pretty mean F3 for a customer - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50312 -
And Corran get's up to no good as well, but won't share too much info yet - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=38460

Then there is the Manx 675 crew but no pictures as yet, waiting patiantly. If you are on Facebook, I can point you to a few guys in Europe and the Middle Eastern Countries too.
But welcome none the less Rich, let us know where you are on this little planet.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 03-03-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:33 AM

Hey Rich, it will be a good decition to race with F3. This year it will be my 2. season. And if you compare with other stock bikes, the F3 will be the best i think. Last year i've been riding with stock bike and had no problems to fight with more powerfull bikes...
The F3 gives you a very good feeling, if you are accustomed with the drive by wire...
where are you from and where do you want to race?
btw, welcome to the passion club
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,I did do a search but was hoping i would heard from guys that race,
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl38 View Post
Hey Rich, it will be a good decition to race with F3. This year it will be my 2. season. And if you compare with other stock bikes, the F3 will be the best i think. Last year i've been riding with stock bike and had no problems to fight with more powerfull bikes...
The F3 gives you a very good feeling, if you are accustomed with the drive by wire...
where are you from and where do you want to race?
btw, welcome to the passion club
Hey mate,Im going on tuesday to pick up a 2013 F3 then the build will start,Ive been racing a Ducati 749 and took my 1199 Tri out on a few weekends to race it also,but its too much bike for my local track,I think the F3 will be a great bike to race,Few questions for you is there any need to chance the triple clamps or is the bike great out of the crate?I race Dunlops tires and i know they can change some bikes feel.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Oh he's so modest our Greg - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48742 - after we taught him some manners .
There is also Nils who is getting ready - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50639
Then Tom here is building a pretty mean F3 for a customer - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50312 -
And Corran get's up to no good as well, but won't share too much info yet - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=38460

Then there is the Manx 675 crew but no pictures as yet, waiting patiantly. If you are on Facebook, I can point you to a few guys in Europe and the Middle Eastern Countries too.
But welcome none the less Rich, let us know where you are on this little planet.
Donsy
Thanks for putting these up,I apologies for not doing a search but i did go true everything in F3 threads but when to bed before i finished going true lol.Im Irish but have been living in the good old USA for the past 20 years ,east coast .Ive done some road racing in Ireland many years ago,but then move so it put a stop to my racing,until i started racing in 2008 on track,Ive been racing a 749S Ducati but am looking for something different and the F3 looks like the bike i want,Im going to pick up a 2013 F3 that has 5000 miles on it on tuesday if all goes well,Thats why im trying to find out as much as i can about the bike.Again Thanks for the info .
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 01:02 PM

the bike is great out of the box! but i have no experience with dunlops.
you have to install an steering damper, this is important. of corse you shout cut out the cat in the manifold by install an aftermarket manifold like Zard. if not U should protect the fairings in the cat area for heating...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl38 View Post
the bike is great out of the box! but i have no experience with dunlops.
you have to install an steering damper, this is important. of corse you shout cut out the cat in the manifold by install an aftermarket manifold like Zard. if not U should protect the fairings in the cat area for heating...
Thanks nI38
I figure ill put a full system on the bike,thanks for the heads up on the steering damper ,Do you think the Zard exhaust is good ?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
You will have to have a steering dampner to pass tech. It is a requirement in both CCS and Wera. Which club are you racing in?. If u are on the east coast as I am you should be in the mid atlantic region. What state are you in? I'm pretty sure ypu are buying a forum members bike. Is it red and silver?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode