Emphatic trouncing at PI by the RSV4 Aprilia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

!!

Last edited by adecritten; 11-27-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 AM

Funny thing is I have not heard many people say good things about the street bike
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

!!

Last edited by adecritten; 11-27-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
Funny thing is I have not heard many people say good things about the street bike
You must not know a lot of Ape owners. I love mine to death. It's sublime. The way it attacks corners and puts the power down beggars belief. I especially like how it's not as powerful as the S1000RR but the laptimes it puts down is up there with it. It's all about control and chassis and the Ape is the best. Makes a noob like me look like a hero

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Don´t know about that. What i see at this point is two different bikes and no purpose of WSBK, since it seams more like MotoGP.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM

It will be interesting to see how quickly the 'it's boring' or the 'change the parity rules, it's too fast' crowd comes out...

How good was the Philip Island track too? The resurface job looks tops.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM

It'll be more interesting when Carmelo waves his wand and they can't use 30 engines in a season. Will they be as impressive then?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF3_40 View Post
It'll be more interesting when Carmelo waves his wand and they can't use 30 engines in a season. Will they be as impressive then?
In short yes I think the bike will be for some reason, as it is not just the factory team that put in impressive results in 2012, the privateer teams had good results too and those privateer teams did not have those sort of resources available to them.

This leads me onto a question of my own which troubles me...I could research this question using the internet, but I am getting old and lazy!

My question is why the RSV4 seems to do so well at WSBK level (see comment re privateer teams), but at National / Club level, at least in the UK anyway, they do not appear to have had similar success, unlike Ducati recently with the 1098?

I thought as this was an international forum I would ask others to feedback their views on the success or lack of it in their own countries. I haven't watched AMA recently, but have not heard the RSV4 has had much success over in the US.

I know the WSBK rules differ quite a lot now from British Superbikes but is that the reason and if so what specific rule change has made such a difference?

I have an RSV4 as a track bike and love it, totally sublime and flatters me as a rider, but I still love my 1078RR just as much. She is too precious to me now to take on track.

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France

Last edited by JerseyBrut; 02-28-2013 at 04:41 PM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 05:27 PM

New Site Garage
Just want to say that, once again, I'm looking forward to WSBK so much more that MotoGP.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Really? I guess you don't read too many Motorcycle magazines then?

After............MVF4 1000S..MVF41000R..08R1..09R1..BMWS1000RR I have an RSV4 Factory, still ticking all my boxes after two years

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode