MV Agusta Forum banner

Jorge Lorenzo special press conference

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Maximum Velocity 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yup, "This is it" in his words.

What a cracking speech and what a great person.

Pity to end a great career at a low point but he's bowed out gracefully and with dignity.

#3 ·
Well.... I guess he no longer has the heart after his injuries (physical and mental) this year.

#12 ·
Could your new favorite be Marquez please??

#6 ·
ugghh. felt bad for the guy all season long while his "team mate" kept on winning and winning he just kept crashing and crashing. the Assen crash didn't even "look" that bad but apparently that was the one that literally broke the camel's back.

may he Retire in Peace.

#9 ·
If Alex goes to Honda Repsol he'll never become a champion unless Marc leaves the team.
While Alex might be a good rider, he'll never have the quality of his brother.

I think with MM we got something special, like Verstappen & Leclerc are in Formula 1. Young and ultra talented.
It ofcourse would be the perfect media stunt, like the two have done for a watch brand.

#10 ·
Zarco for 2020 for a bargain price to make up for what MM gets.
Honda really is between a rock and a hard place with the dominance of MM. They have a situation of a one trick pony and no other competitive options. If MM was to have a serious injury there is no viable plan B.

I never warmed to Lorenzo. The copycat victory celebrations (started by Rossi) just never did it for me. He comes across as all ego and no humility.

#11 ·
He comes across as all ego and no humility.
It fascinates me how two people can see things so differently. I read a lot of negative comments on Zarco and JL which I find so far from reconciling my own thoughts on the matter.

I really don't see JL like that. If you watch his press conference, it's all humility and no ego imho. He apologise to Puig and Honda, he gives very personal information of conversations he had and assurances he made, and eats humble pie recognising and apologising for his lack of achievement, he makes reference to all the other fantastic riders he raced with, those that didn't make it and had to go back to their day jobs and considers himself and always pinched himself for being so lucky to be one of those one in a billion. Even his post race briefings I never really thought that of him.

:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.