Zarco to ride rcv213v at phillip island - MVAgusta.net
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Zarco to ride rcv213v at phillip island

GPONE states Zarco is to ride the Honda RCV213V at Philip island . Cal Crutchlow actually went to Zarco to warn him the RCV213V was a lousey handling bike. That fact is so well known I think it was to offer Zarco tips on riding the bike. GPONE speculated that Honda is looking at Zarco as Marquez team mate in 2020. This makes sense as Honda is looking for a fast but conventional rider to develop a bike around.

For the young race enthusiast. At one time not too long ago if a factory team had 2 riders with styles that where totally opposite of one another no one blinked an eye, they just developed 2 different bikes. Personally I cannot see why the cost of developing 2 bikes vs 1 bike is said to be so high I believe its just a case of less funds available and in Hondas case money going into F1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone know the weight of Brad Binder? That kid has been riding the wheels off the KTM Moto2 bike this year . He is sliding the front end almost to the apex. Looking forward to seeing him next year on the KTM RC16. BUT no one can defy physics and I am hoping Binder just looks bigger than he actually is like Jack Miller.

FYI .. Was shocked to read KTM sold 216,000 units this year . To put in perspective Ducati sold 53,000 units this year (up from last year which was ?? 43,000 units)

I would definitely buy a RC16 Superbike as long as the price was reasonable. 28k-30k range
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

GPone also stated Maverick Vinales is in advanced talks with Ducati (what ever that's supposed to mean lol) Unfortunatly signing Vinales is like changing out one DOVI for another Dovi. Marquez can still ride a 1/2 a second a lap faster than Vinales on the same bike. Yes that is speculation but I don't think I am too far off.

BTW if anyone hears about the 2020 Aprilia MotoGP bike please post info. Who Knows? maybe Aprilia Subcontracted one of the F1 engineering firms and they figured out the Carbon fiber chassis puzzle....and designed a new 90 degree v4. Aprilia made a great WSBK but are a bit behind in MotoGP lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Does anyone know the weight of Brad Binder? . . .
57 kilos at 170 cm tall.
https://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Brad+Binder

2007 MV F4 1000R
2020 CBR1000RR-R SP (on order) : 2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
GPONE states Zarco is to ride the Honda RCV213V at Philip island . Cal Crutchlow actually went to Zarco to warn him the RCV213V was a lousey handling bike. That fact is so well known I think it was to offer Zarco tips on riding the bike. GPONE speculated that Honda is looking at Zarco as Marquez team mate in 2020. This makes sense as Honda is looking for a fast but conventional rider to develop a bike around.

For the young race enthusiast. At one time not too long ago if a factory team had 2 riders with styles that where totally opposite of one another no one blinked an eye, they just developed 2 different bikes. Personally I cannot see why the cost of developing 2 bikes vs 1 bike is said to be so high I believe its just a case of less funds available and in Hondas case money going into F1
Show me where that was actually said by Zarco or Crutchlow mate.

2000 F4 750
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
Show me where that was actually said by Zarco or Crutchlow mate.
Seems it might be last paragraph of this, although we cannot know in what context and when this 'warning' was supposed to have been made:

https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/10/12/...ip-island.html

2007 MV F4 1000R
2020 CBR1000RR-R SP (on order) : 2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:07 AM

If that is what Roehr is referring to he is being alittle loose with the poetic license. I would suggest if Cal said that in Roehrs terms Cal would be looking for another job quick smart. It is normal for established riders to provide commentary on how a bike rides. The problem with the Honda is it was developed to suit one rider.
nigelrb likes this.

2000 F4 750
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Was MV AGUSTA bought by ZONGSHEN or one of its many subsideries ? ZONGSHEN is the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. ZONGSHEN claims to sell 1 MILLION units a year. ZONGSHEN could walk into one of the UK engineering firms, write a check and say.. build me a MotoGP bike...I will pick it up in January.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Established Member

@[email protected]: I have no info on MV having been or about to be bought by Zongshen. It would be unlikely as Mr Sardarov has just pumped some additional cash into the company and thereby factually pushed out Castiglioni.

In terms of the new Aprilia GP bike. I read in an interview with Massimo Rivola, their CEO of the racing department, that he said that the bike will keep its V4 design, but that the bike will not be an evolution, but a complete new design. He did however not specify if the they keep the narrow layout of the cylinder bank angle or if they also go for a wider layout such as Ducati. I think Aprilia suffers more than it should. They have the skills to build good race bikes. That does not go away with one person (Gigi dall'Igna), but Aprilia Management has taken so many weird decisions that this project just has been doomed to be unsuccessful. When they went MotoGP, they still half-heartly pursued WSBK. And when they entered, they did it via entering into the Gresini team instead of going full-factory. And then of course the money. Either you take it serious and spend the cash needed or you leave it. Very strange. But this year one could see a little trend into the right direction.

If Vinales thinks he will be better off with Ducati... I am not sure. The Yamaha is a good bike that had some consistency issues with its performance, but when it was good, it was really good. Even though I have always been a Rossi fan, I think it is time to really come up with a plan on who to get into the factory team, once his contract expires. If he wants to go on, fine, but maybe better in the Petronas team and get Fabio Q on the second factory bike.

I would be extremely surprised if out of all teams, Honda would be willing to employ Zarco for a longer term, unless he will perform stellar at LCR. Honda does not like to be embarrassed by a rider. So even if you think the bike was not perfect, you are to keep your mouth shut and talk with your engineers and not with the press. Maybe Zarco has now learned that...
Glenno likes this.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 05:38 AM
Established Member

Now that Nakagami has been confirmed for 2020, all bikes are contractually occupied. So Zarco's three races will be no more than a tryout.

Regarding the initial comment about costs, I think developping two bikes is not so much a question of available money for Honda. The F1 project for sure does not soak up money from MotoGP, it is just a question of whether HRC get a plausible feedback that provides a reason for a second bike. It is bad luck that Lorenzo is not fit at the moment. To translate his feedback into deriving a separate setup or even chassis, he would need to be at his usual performance level.

At the moment Marquez is the only relevant input HRC has. Crutchlow either crashes the bike or claims that he was fast despite the unbelievable difficult circumstances. Then there is Nakagami on the old machine and Bradl as test rider whose task is to test parts designed to make the factory riders fast. So what should Honda do at the moment but developping the bike in the direction that their nr 1 rider benefits from.

Honda's challenge is not with the bike, but with having a backup rider in case Marquez needs to pause.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode