Argentina WSBK SPOILER - MVAgusta.net
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Argentina WSBK SPOILER

REA /KAWASAKI is still the best package in WSBK. Toprak showed well and should be even stronger next year with Yamahas new found power. Ducati might be the 2nd best handling bike in MotoGP, but they are last in WSBK. I read they signed a MotoGP rider but forget who. Bautista rode well but hard to ride a perfect race fighting a bike every lap. Bautisa is going to Honda on a NEW CBR1000RRR I would bet it will be strong from jump street .

Nigel/Glenno do not get lazy on me . I expect you to keep the racing threads going when I am gone lol

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-13-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 07:40 PM

New Site Garage
What....ducati 2nd best handling bike in motogp.
Thought you said it was yamaha not so long ago.

Anyways... Wsbk's Ducati team signed Scott Redding, a former MotoGP rider for Aprilia.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

No ducati 2nd Yamaha and KTM trying hard to improve . A few races ago the Yamaha/KTM had headshakes. The only bike that still has headshake is the Honda. MAYBE your thinking when the MVF4RC was running in WSBK the Yamaha R1. The MVF4RC was the best handling bike in WSBK when Camier was riding/doing set up. Being a steel trellis chassis I and many others where shocked it worked so well The steel trellis chassis was supposed to be dead and buried. IMHO MV should close shop in Moto2. KTM put SO much money in there trellis chassis design and failed. I cant see such a small factory like MV succeeding with1/20th? the budget. I would bet cash that the New Honda will be a sweet handler and strong out of the box . Honda needs people to say THE BIKE is great not the rider or it will be an embarrassment . But no matter how strong the new CBR1000RR comes out of the box DORNA will not penalize Honda .Not that I think they should. DORNA should rescind the 500rpm penalty on the ZX10RR and Ducati V4.

PS.... Anyone know when or if Suzuki will ever compete in WSBK again?

Question: Which do you respect more? Rea winning 5 WSBK titles or REA finishing in the top 4 on a Kawasaki in MotoGP

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

BSG off topic the MV F3 is not only beautiful but is a razor sharp handler. Always curious how well it would do in WSBK if bored/stroked to 900cc.The BMW S1000RR is also a great handler. Unfortunatly Tom Sykes weight seems to be chewing up tires. Laverty will be on the S1000RR in 2020 and his smaller size should help in tire longevity . ALSO BMW has stated increasing horsepower of the S1000RR is the goal in this winters testing . Years ago BMW said they would go into MotoGP if they won in WSBK.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
. . . Ducati might be the 2nd best handling bike in MotoGP, but they are last in WSBK. . .
That observation surprises me because on the weekend's efforts both Bautista and Davies with different weights and riding styles put the Ducatis into good positions. Sure, Rea won a couple, but on this track that seemed to be a prob for all, the Dukes did better than hold their own.

Whilst Scott Redding is more than familiar with the Duke, I think he will find the going much tougher, competition wise, than his basically unchallenged run in BSB. (From my observations)

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:01 AM

New Site Garage
When MV starts producing and selling their small displacement motorcycle in the asian market.
They need to make a team in the Moto3 class. And hopefully build up slowly but surely to a MotoGP seat.
[email protected] likes this.

"Mileena"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
I must add that it was good to see DeRosa getting in the mix on his trellis-framed bike.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:15 AM

New Site Garage
But really didnt stand a chance
Others had to make mistakes or pushed wide for him to either close the gap or pass someone.

"Mileena"

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:46 AM

I would go so far to say that de Rosa, who started from P12, having a less then perfect get away at the Start, on a kind of slippery Track, was partially the fastest man on the Track, except Cluzel maybe.
Or how do You explain the way he closed up to the Group with all the mighty Yamahas and Mahias?

MV Agusta 350B
MV Agusta Race Replica w. 350B Engine
MV Agusta Brutale 910R Starfighter Titanium
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:03 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
I would go so far to say that de Rosa, who started from P12, having a less then perfect get away at the Start, on a kind of slippery Track, was partially the fastest man on the Track, except Cluzel maybe.
Or how do You explain the way he closed up to the Group with all the mighty Yamahas and Mahias?
Well to be completely fair, my recording missed start and first few laps.
I got to watch when he was on P7 1.5-2.0 seconds behind leading group(Cluzel leading with 2+ seconds, then 5 other riders) He almost closed the gap , then made a mistake or others had better exit and back to 1.0 sec+

Then others passed each other multiple times and DeRosa entered the group. From there he could take a few postions bequase of others fighting.

"Mileena"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode