MV Agusta Forum banner

Argentina WSBK SPOILER

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Roehr@1250sc 
#1 · (Edited)
REA /KAWASAKI is still the best package in WSBK. Toprak showed well and should be even stronger next year with Yamahas new found power. Ducati might be the 2nd best handling bike in MotoGP, but they are last in WSBK. I read they signed a MotoGP rider but forget who. Bautista rode well but hard to ride a perfect race fighting a bike every lap. Bautisa is going to Honda on a NEW CBR1000RRR I would bet it will be strong from jump street .

Nigel/Glenno do not get lazy on me . I expect you to keep the racing threads going when I am gone lol

#3 · (Edited)
No ducati 2nd Yamaha and KTM trying hard to improve . A few races ago the Yamaha/KTM had headshakes. The only bike that still has headshake is the Honda. MAYBE your thinking when the MVF4RC was running in WSBK the Yamaha R1. The MVF4RC was the best handling bike in WSBK when Camier was riding/doing set up. Being a steel trellis chassis I and many others where shocked it worked so well The steel trellis chassis was supposed to be dead and buried. IMHO MV should close shop in Moto2. KTM put SO much money in there trellis chassis design and failed. I cant see such a small factory like MV succeeding with1/20th? the budget. I would bet cash that the New Honda will be a sweet handler and strong out of the box . Honda needs people to say THE BIKE is great not the rider or it will be an embarrassment . But no matter how strong the new CBR1000RR comes out of the box DORNA will not penalize Honda .Not that I think they should. DORNA should rescind the 500rpm penalty on the ZX10RR and Ducati V4.

PS.... Anyone know when or if Suzuki will ever compete in WSBK again?

Question: Which do you respect more? Rea winning 5 WSBK titles or REA finishing in the top 4 on a Kawasaki in MotoGP

#4 ·
BSG off topic the MV F3 is not only beautiful but is a razor sharp handler. Always curious how well it would do in WSBK if bored/stroked to 900cc.The BMW S1000RR is also a great handler. Unfortunatly Tom Sykes weight seems to be chewing up tires. Laverty will be on the S1000RR in 2020 and his smaller size should help in tire longevity . ALSO BMW has stated increasing horsepower of the S1000RR is the goal in this winters testing . Years ago BMW said they would go into MotoGP if they won in WSBK.

#5 ·
. . . Ducati might be the 2nd best handling bike in MotoGP, but they are last in WSBK. . .
That observation surprises me because on the weekend's efforts both Bautista and Davies with different weights and riding styles put the Ducatis into good positions. Sure, Rea won a couple, but on this track that seemed to be a prob for all, the Dukes did better than hold their own.

Whilst Scott Redding is more than familiar with the Duke, I think he will find the going much tougher, competition wise, than his basically unchallenged run in BSB. (From my observations):wink2:

#9 ·
I would go so far to say that de Rosa, who started from P12, having a less then perfect get away at the Start, on a kind of slippery Track, was partially the fastest man on the Track, except Cluzel maybe.
Or how do You explain the way he closed up to the Group with all the mighty Yamahas and Mahias?

#10 ·
Well to be completely fair, my recording missed start and first few laps.
I got to watch when he was on P7 1.5-2.0 seconds behind leading group(Cluzel leading with 2+ seconds, then 5 other riders) He almost closed the gap , then made a mistake or others had better exit and back to 1.0 sec+

Then others passed each other multiple times and DeRosa entered the group. From there he could take a few postions bequase of others fighting.

#11 ·
IMHO DEROSA looks to be a smooth fast consistent rider. He even has good passing abilities. DeROSAs short coming seems to be in qualifying. Being professional Motorcycle racers has a lot in common with professional fighters/boxers (in a physical sense) I wonder if he isn't warmed up/ has a sweat on to get loose before starting . I remember liking to get in the equivalent of 2-3 rounds to get a sweat on before a fight. ALSO the older you get the more important it is to get sweat on. Rossi might do well to get a good sweat on before qualifying or a race.

#13 · (Edited)
Wise ass LOLOLOLThese days MIKE TYSON might be faster than LORENZO LOL I am talking about Physicality aging , timing reflexes ect When people thought Rossi was shot right after coming off the ill handling carbon fiber Ducati I knew he was still an alien because his lap times might be down but hey where still amazingly consistent . Now how ever they say his lap times are hit and miss also rossi is having problems with braking markers. Timing and accuracy is the first thing to go. You get old overnight. In boxing its called the alarm clock . A guy can be sharp one day then 6 months later a shell of his former self . The body goes up in stages of 6s till 30years old then a slight slide down from 30 to 36 THEN the big slide... 36 to 42. AT 35years old I ran 6 miles in 30 minets and change, easily 6 ft4 52 chest 34 waist 7% body fat. At 41 same weight body fat ect 6 miles in 48 minets and it was hell lol Looked the same but definitely lost a step or two lol. NO ONE beats Father time he is undefeated BILLIONS AND BILLIONS-0 and if ROSSI is truly past it I hope he retires. Hate to see him get Hurt. If he retires Yamaha wants to keep him on as test rider like Pedrosa.

BTW... Nigel/Glenno , any tech news on the new CBR1000RR? Bore, Stroke, Variable valve timing, forged internals? Hoping it is a good Superbike base, not just the old engine tweaked to bring HP up to match competitors production Superbike/literbike numbers . But after such a long uncompetitive run in WSBK I think the new CBR1000RR will come out of the box strong.

#14 ·
Wise ass LOLOLOL I am talking about Physicality aging , timing reflexes ect When people thought Rossi was shot right after coming off the ill handling carbon fiber Ducati I knew he was still an alien because his lap times might be down but hey where still amazingly consistent . Now how ever they say his lap times are hit and miss also rossi is having problems with braking markers. Timing and accuracy is the first thing to go. You get old overnight. In boxing its called the alarm clock . A guy can be sharp on day then 6 months later a shell of his former self . The body goes up in stages of 6s till 30years old then a slight slide down from 30 to 36 THEN the big slide... 36 to 42. AT 35years old I ran 6 miles in 30 minets and change, easily 6 ft4 52 chest 34 waist 7% body fat. At 41 same weight body fat ect 6 miles in 48 minets and it was hell lol Looked the same but definitely lost a step or two lol. NO ONE beats Father time he is undefeated BILLIONS AND BILLIONS-0 and if ROSSI is truly past it I hope he retires. Hate to see him get Hurt. If he retires Yamaha wants to keep him on as test rider like Pedrosa.
Go to google and search: Enter button.
This image should pop up and can be purchased for 7 pounds.

My eyes, Nigels eyes, Glenno's eyes all of our eyes demand you to use an Enter every now and then.

Attachments

#16 ·
This lap top writes sentences over itself and if you do hit enter to break up paragraph it wipes out everything. Hit and miss mind you but its a real PITA . I wont sherk a tear when this lap top goes shot. ANYHOW … Look for the Bore, stroke to be the modern 82X50.5. I know Kawasaki still runs the old bore/stroke of 78X55 but they have been working those heads for years now and getting the best efficiency out of that design. Its working for them, if it aint broke why fix it or start over from scratch.

#20 ·
^^^

WTF?

Can't you guys give @Roehr@1250sc a break?

He's already stated he has computer problems.

Not many know this but his ill-performing laptop has a Honda chassis, and is therefore bad handling, gets the shakes, and any 'entry' is bound to be fraught with danger!

So he's obviously trying to make some late-season revisions, he takes it for a test, and ends up with you guys taking the p!ss.:grin2::grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.